Episode 6

My Revenge, My Love.

2000, July 26th

It is already 5 in the afternoon, the sun is about to set in an hour. Naturally, the town is beginning to become more quiet during hours like this. But Baekhyun and Joohyun were still in their favorite place. The place where they always play, eat and tell stories. This time, Joohyun was not speaking. Probably, because of Baekhyun's statements earlier. Little did she know, the young child whom she took care of has become her first crush. She admire his charming eyes, his pointed nose and most of all, his alluring voice.

"Danji neol saranghae...... ireohke malhaetji....... Ijekkeot junbihaetdeon mahneun mareul dwirohanchae......" Baekhyun was singing "Candy" by H.O.T. as he was eating his ice cream. Joohyun just found herself listening attentively to his sweet voice.

"Oh noona. Do you like my voice that much?" Baekhyun suddenly asked her as he noticed that she was listening.

"What? I just like the song." Joohyun lied but embarassment was obvious in her face.

"Just admit it, noona." Baekhyun started teasing her, which caused the latter to be more embarassed.

"Okay, you have a nice voice. Happy now?" Joohyun answered without looking at him.

"Thank you, noona. I will sing for you everyday if it makes you feel happy." Baekhyun continued to .

"Eh? We should go home now. It's getting dark. Umma must be waiting for us already. " Joohyun suggested. Well, also to prevent Baekhyun from teasing her.

"Okay, noona." Baekhyun replied in a singing tone.

When they got home, they saw a limousine parking infront of their humble house. Baekhyun knew who was it so he ran right away.


Mrs. Byun kept a smile on her face. But behind the fake mask she is showing, all she does is to insult how dirty, small and pathetic the place where her precious son is staying for a month.

"So how did you find my son?" The elegant lady asked Mrs. Choi.

"It was my daughter's birthday....." Mrs. Choi started to tell. Tears were also forming in her eyes as she remembered her husband. "We were in the mall when Baekhyun was almost hit by a car. However, my husband saved him and died." Tears have flown in her face. It still hurts her how she lost her husband in a tragic way. She continued to tell the story while crying. "That's when my family took Baekhyun. He was lost. He doesn't know where to go so I brought him with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Mrs. Choi. By the way, thank you for taking care of my son. Please take this as a sign of my gratitude." Mrs. Byun said as she handed them a brief case.

"What is this, madame?" Mrs. Choi stuttered as she asked the older lady.

"Open it. It's only small." Mrs. Byun told her.

Mrs. Choi opened the brief case. She was astounded. It was filled with money. A money that could make a poor family a rich one. However, Mrs. Choi did not take it.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Byun. But I can't take it." Mrs. Choi said.

"Don't worry. It's just a small amount." Mrs. Byun insisted.

"Madame, I did not take care of Baekhyun for this. I did it because I treated him as my own child." Mrs. Choi replied.

"Well, then. If you don't like it, I won't insist. But, you might need help in the future so please take this card if you need something." Mrs. Byun finally agreed.

"Thank you for the concern." Mrs. Choi replied.

That time, Baekhyun came in running. "Umma!" He shouted and hugged his mom. "I missed you, Umma." He then started to cry.

"Umma missed you too. Are you okay?" Mrs. Byun asked him.

"Of course, umma. They took care a lot for me." Baekhyun said as he looked at Mrs. Choi with full of joy in his eyes.

"We'll be going home now, Baekhyun." Mrs. Byun told her son.

"Wait, umma. I got to talk to someone." Baekhyun told her as he looked to Joohyun who was frozen, standing in the door.

"Okay, my son. Umma will be waiting." Mrs. Byun replied.

Baekhyun took Joohyun outside. "Noona..." Baekhyun started as tears to form in their eyes.

"I'm happy your mom has finally found you." Joohyun said as she tried to stop her tears from falling.

"Noona...." Baekhyun is also starting to cry.

"I know you're mom will take care of you as much as we did. Always take care of yourself. Okay?" Joohyun told him, still holding back her tears.

"I will miss you, noona." Baekhyun said as he hugged her tightly.

"I will miss you too, Baekhyun." Joohyun replied and hugged him back.

"Wait for me, noona. I'll be back for you. Okay?" Baekhyun said as he continued to hugged her.

"Of course, I'll wait for you. I will look forward to the day I'll see you again." Joohyun said to him.

Baekhyun broke the hug and kissed her on the cheeks which made Joohyun shock. "Goodbye, noona."

With that, Baekhyun and Joohyun went back inside. He went to Mrs. Choi and hugged her. "Thank you Umma for taking care of me. I will miss you."

Mrs. Choi hugged him back. "I'm gonna miss you too Baekhyun. But it's not appropriate to call me Umma in front of your real mom." Mrs. Choi told him.

Baekhyun then went to Jongin. "Thank you Jongin." That's all he could say since they are not really in good terms. Jongin did not even care to answer.

Mrs. Byun then barged in. "I think we have to go now. Thank you for taking care of my son. Baekhyun, let's go."

The Choi family assisted them out. Baekhyun hugged Joohyun for the last time. "Noona, I'm gonna miss you. Take care."

Joohyun wasn't able to answer him anymore as she started to cry.

Mrs. Byun called him once again. "Let's go."

Baekhyun broke the hug and hopped in the car. Mrs. Choi and Joohyun continued to cry as they watch the car leaving. Baekhyun was also staring from inside as he cried.