Episode 3

My Revenge, My Love.

2000, June 28th

Baekhyun cried out loud as he saw the car nearing him. However, there was a kind man who pushed him to the side and sacrificed his own life. He was Mr. Choi.

"No!!!! Appa!!!" Joohyun shouted with her whole heart, in hope that her shout could possibly stop the car from hitting her dad.

But the fate has already decided. It's time for their father to go.

"Yeobo!!!!!" Mrs. Choi shouted as she ran to the body of her husband which is covered with blood.

Joohyun and Jongin froze in their position with their eyes widen and is already tearing up. People started to gather in the place. Later on, Joohyun grabbed Jongin's arm and slowly approached their mom who was crying out loud.

"Your Appa is gone." Mrs. Choi is still crying. That's the time reality sinks in Joohyun's and Jongin's mind. They began crying out loud.

"Appa! Appa! Wake up! Don't leave us." Jongin cried so loud.

"Appa! Appa! Please fight!" Joohyun cried out loud too.

Baekhyun was just standing along with the crowd. He was so shock. Tears were also falling down from his eyes. He felt so bad because he can see how the children mourned over his savior's lifeless body.

The Choi family continued to cry until Joohyun looked in front of her. She looked at Baekhyun. She felt how afraid and sad the young boy is. She stood up and approached him.

"Are you okay?" She asked him in the most comfortable way she could, sadness is still obvious in her voice. But she tried her best. Baekhyun could not hold it anymore. He suddenly burst out and cried out loud.  Joohyun felt bad to the young boy to experience such tragic thing. She hugged him to comfort him.

"It's okay. Don't be sad. It's not your fault." Joohyun comforted Baekhyun.

Baekhyun continued to cry. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault."

"No, it's not your fault. What's your name?" Joohyun asked the young boy as she gave him an assurance smile though sadness is visible in her eyes.

"My name is Byun Baekhyun. I am lost that's why I am here. I cannot see my mom." Baekhyun replied after he calmed down and gasped for air.

"My name is Choi Joohyun." Joohyun introduced herself.

Later on, the ambulance came to get the body of Mr. Choi. He was dead on-the-spot. Nothing could be done to save his life. The car hit him severely. The driver, who was discovered to be drunk, was caught by the policemen.

"Joohyun, let's go." Mrs. Choi called Joohyun weakly.

Joohyun did not answer but gave her a mom a look saying, What about this young boy?

Mrs. Choi just nodded, telling Joohyun to bring him along since he doesn't know where to go.

*

2000, June 29th

Today is the first day of Mr. Choi's funeral. Mrs. Choi and Joohyun managed to be more calm in facing the sad truth. But not Jongin. He was still not speaking. He was deeply affected by his dad's death. However, anger is already starting to build up in his heart. He blames Baekhyun for his father's death. Joohyun, on the other hand, took care of Baekhyun. Though she is still grieving for her father's death, she felt she should be responsible of him.

Baekhyun was sitting on Joohyun's bed, looking at his surroundings. He was curious and so, he stood up and looked at Seohyun's things. He suddenly cried when he saw Jongin's letter to Joohyun.

"So it was her birthday yesterday?" Baekhyun felt worse knowing that her dad died on her birthday.

Joohyun came inside, "Baekhyun, it's time to eat." She stopped when she saw Baekhyun crying while holding the letter.

"I''m sorry, noona. I didn't know it was your birthday." Baekhyun told her while crying.

"I told you, it's okay Baekhyun. It's not your fault. It is God's will to take my dad now. I must accept it." Joohyun told him. 

You wouldn't believe Joohyun is just 9 years old with the way she handled this tough situation. Most children at her age would be crying so hard during this time. But Joohyun is different. She is a strong child. And that makes Baekhyun admire her.

"How could she handle all this situation? I cried hard when I was lost in the mall when I know Umma is just busy with her friends while Joohyun lost her dad for real, and yet she can still stay strong." Baekhyun thought. Since then, Baekhyun has begun developing admiration for Joohyun.

Baekhyun wanted to go out but he cannot go out alone. He felt that he cannot face anyone since he was the reason why Mr. Choi died. Joohyun noticed the fear in his eyes so she went back to him and held his hand.

"Don't be afraid. Noona is here." Joohyun whispered to him.

When they got out of the room, Mrs. Choi approached them. "Baekhyun, are you hungry? Do you want anything to eat?" She asked Baekhyun calmly.

"You are not mad at me, Mrs. Choi?" Baekhyun asked with his voice shaking.

"Of course not. Look at me, young boy. I don't blame you for anything. In fact, I have accepted my husband's fate. Don't be afraid to me. Since you are here with us right now, treat me as your Umma." Mrs. Choi told him which touched Baekhyun's heart.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, felt so loved. He was expecting Mrs. Choi to be mad at him but he was wrong. He started to form tears in his eyes and suddenly, he hugged Mrs. Choi.

"It's okay. Just cry it out loud. I know it was really hard for you." Mrs. Choi continued to comfort Baekhyun.

Suddenly, Jongin approached them and anger is obvious in his eyes.

"It's all your fault." Jongin shouted to Baekhyun.

Everyone became speechless and Baekhyun was so shocked.

Mrs. Choi then grabbed Jongin and said, "Joohyun, take care of our visitors for now. I'll take care of Jongin." With that, Mrs. Choi and Jongin left and went to the bedroom. Baekhyun froze in his position.

"Don't think about him. He was just having hard time right now. Please understand him." Joohyun approached Baekhyun and hugged him.

"Thank you, noona." Baekhyun continued to cry as he hugged back Joohyun.