Episode 7

My Revenge, My Love.

2009, February 27th

It's almost 9 years already since Mr. Choi passed away from the traumatic accident that happened. Mrs. Choi and  Joohyun have moved on with their lives and tried their best to live it normally. However, Jongin is still not recovering from that painful event. He is already 15 but he grew up cold and quiet. He would only show his smile to his mom and sister but not to other people. What's worse is that his anger toward Baekhyun grew as time went by.

This year will not only mark Mr. Choi's 9th year death anniversary but also the 9th year since Joohyun last saw Baekhyun. For her, it felt so hard that she had to endure 9 years of longing for his father's love and guidance but also longing for a friend's care and love.

"Does he still remember me after all these years?" Joohyun thought to herself as she stared on the only picture of her and Baekhyun.

Suddenly, a knock from her door awaken her from her deep thoughts.

"Come in." She calmly said.

"My daughter, have you prepared your things already?" Mrs. Choi asked her.

"Yes, mom." Joohyun answered without looking to her mother's eyes.

"Is there something that bothers you?" Mrs. Choi asked in a comforting way.

"Umma, I'm gonna miss you and Jongin." Joohyun suddenly stood up from her seat and hugged her mom.

"Don't worry, Joohyun. We will try to visit you once in a while when you got there." Mrs. Choi told her daughter who is now crying in her arms.

Joohyun just continued to cry. For so many years that she kept her tears inside her, it felt like all her grudges came out. Good thing, her mom is by her side to comfort her in the time she needed her the most.

"Stop crying, my daughter. Umma is just here by your side always." Mrs. Choi told her.

Suddenly, Jongin interrupted their mom-and-daughter moment.

"What's the drama here?" He coldly said.

"Won't you miss your sister, Jongin?" Joohyun asked him with her voice shaking.

"Of course, I won't." Jongin hissed. Joohyun just pouted at her cold brother. Of course, Joohyun knew he was just lying, probably teasing her. Joohyun just went to Jongin and hugged him.

"Now, tell me, won't you miss your beautiful sister?" Joohyun asked him once more.

Jongin cannot hold it anymore. "Of course, I'll miss you." He began to cry. "But you are not beautiful." He joked once again which made them laugh.

"That's enough. Let's go eat dinner now. Joohyun, you must rest early because you will have to leave early tomorrow." Mrs. Choi told them.

Mrs. Choi and Jongin came out of her room first. Joohyun just stood there. "Tonight will be my last night staying here. I hope it will be easy for me to live there." She thought to herself.


2009, February 28th

The sun rose early today. As the roosters began crowing, the people in the small town begin their normal lives. This time, it's different to the Choi family. Joohyun woke up early as usual, but her face was gloomy. She was just lying in her bed. She was staring at her surroundings. Suddenly, her mom knocked and came in.

"Joohyun, wake up now. You have to eat now. You will travel a long trip later." Mrs. Choi said to her.

"I'm already awake, Umma." Joohyun said and stood up from her bed.

They are now eating their breakfast. But this time, no one's speaking. All of them were gloomy actually.

Joohyun finished her meal so she stood up first. "Umma, I'm going to take a bath now."

Suddenly, Mrs. Choi stood up from her chair and hugged Joohyun. "Promise me, you'll take care of yourself. Umma's going to miss you."

Jongin followed his mom and hugged Joohyun too. "Noona, take care of yourself. Don't accept suitors, okay?"

"What? Suitors? I'm still young, Jongin." Joohyun answered in shock.

Joohyun broke the hug. "Okay, Umma, Jongin. I need to go bath now. I might not be able to reach the bus if we continue to be like this."

Joohyun took a bath. After that, she fixed herself and gathered her things. For the last time, she stood in her room. "I'm gonna miss this room." Joohyun went out of her room.

"Umma. I'm ready." Joohyun called her mom.

"Good. Oh my, I can't believe my only daughter is going to live alone now. Remember my words to you, okay?" Mrs. Choi said, avoiding herself from crying.

"Yes, Umma. I'll do my best. I'll do my best to help you and Jongin, Umma. Take care of yourself too, Umma. I'm going to miss you." Joohyun hugged her mom back.

"Noona, no boyfriends allowed, okay?" Jongin interrupted.

"Jongin!" Joohyun yelled softly.

"Just kidding, noona. I'm gonna miss you, noona. Take care of yourself." Jongin said and hugged Joohyun.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Jongin. Take care of Umma and also yourself, okay?" Joohyun said.

With that, they went out to assist Joohyun.

"I'll go now, Umma. Jongin." Joohyun told them as tears began to form in her dark obs.

"Take care. We'll visit you when we can." Mrs. Choi told.

Joohyun began walking. It is really sad for her to leave her family, her home. However, she knew she must do it to help her family. Soon, she reached the bus station. She was just in time. She finally boarded the bus. As she was sitting down, she gets her report card and diploma from her bag.

"Thank you Lord for the knowledge You have given me. I wouldn't made it without You." Joohyun smiled to herself as she read the results. Until now, she cannot believe she graduated Valedictorian from her high-school. Everything seems so surreal. Luckily, her alma mater helped her to find her a scholarship program in Seoul.

"So I'm going to attend Seoul National University." She told herself as she smiled. She felt proud that she managed to get a spot in the prestigious university.

After an hour of travelling, she finally reached Seoul. As she stepped down of the bus, she took a second at her surroundings. She took out her map and learned that she is just few miles away from her destination. "Good thing, I didn't need to ride a taxi." She told herself.

After walking for about 30 minutes, she reached Seoul National University. "Wow! This is so big." She said to herself. Due to her amazement, she was walking toward the gates without looking on her way. It was not until she bumped into someone and fell down.

"Ouch!!!!" She yelled in pain.

"A-are you okay, miss?" The young man asked her.