Episode 2

My Revenge, My Love.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Please re-read the last part of Chapter 1. I added some parts which really relates to this Chapter. Thanks. :)

*

2000, June 28th

It's already Joohyun's 9th birthday. Their family woke up early because they still have to travel to Seoul. Joohyun wore the dress she received from her mom as an advance birthday gift.

"You looked so beautiful in that dress, my daughter." Mrs. Choi proudly said to her daughter.

"Of course, Umma bought it for me. Thank you Umma." Joohyun replied as she hugged her mother.

Suddenly, Jongin came and handed a paper to Joohyun.

It was a letter with two young people drawn in it, a girl who was feeding his little brother. Suddenly, Joohyun's eyes started to tear.


To my beloved sister,

                    Happy birthday noona! Jongin is thankful to have a great noona like you. Thank you for taking care of me. When I grow up, I promise to take care of noona from those boys who will harm you. I love you noona! <3

                                                                                                                                        - Your cute brother, Jongin. :)


Joohyun suddenly approached Jongin and hugged him tightly, "You really know how to make noona cry. Thank you Jongin, I love you too."

Mr. Choi looked at the beautiful scene attentively, "Thank you Lord for giving me great children." He muttered softly and smiled at the thought of it.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Mrs. Choi suddenly came beside Mr. Choi and put her arms sweetly over his shoulder.

"Yes, I'm thankful to God that our children are getting along really well." Mr. Choi replied.

"We better get going now. Or else, we will be stucked in traffic." Mrs. Choi told him.

"Okay." He shortly replied to his wife. "Okay kids. We've got to go now." He then called his children.

When they got out from their house, there's a car waiting for them. Mrs. Choi, Joohyun and Jongin all had the same reaction, their eyes almost pop out. Mr. Choi was embarassed.

"Wa-wait... Before you think this is my car, I'm telling you that a friend of mine just offered a free ride to Seoul since he is also going there today." Mr. Choi chuckled.

All the amazement in their eyes lost. "I thought our dream of having our own car had come true." Mrs. Choi said with disappointment in her eyes.

"Don't worry, Yeobo. I will work even harder for us to have our own." Mr. Choi said and hugged his wife tightly.

"Don't worry. As long as we're together, those things doesn't matter to me. You are one million times better than them. You are priceless." Mrs. Choi told her husband who was blushing at the time.

"Can we expect a new baby brother or sister?" Joohyun teased them

Both Mr. and Mrs. Choi were shocked and embarassed.

"Joohyun-ah!" Mrs. Choi called her daughter like she was about to scold her.

"I'm just kidding Appa and Umma. But we won't be bothered about it if you want." Joohyun joked her parents more.

"Maybe our princess is right?" Mr. Choi seductively told his wife.

"Yeobo! Our children are hearing you." Mrs. Choi was embarassed with her husband's action.

"We didn't hear anything, right Jongin?" Joohyun smirked at her mom.

"Noona is right." Jongin followed Joohyun and smirked.

"Aigoo. Let's go already." Mrs. Choi told them.

They get inside the car and smiled at the driver who was Mr. Choi's friend.

"Happy birthday Joohyun. Your dad really wants to make your birthday a memorable." His dad's friend said.

"Thank you Mr....." Joohyun was having trouble figuring out his dad's friend name.

"By the way, I'm Mr. Park." He told Joohyun.

"Thank you Mr. Park." Joohyun said and laughed.

"You're welcome." He replied to Joohyun. "Your child is funny." Mr. Park told Mr. Choi who was sitting in the front passenger seat. 

"I know, that's why I am lucky." Mr. Choi proudly said to Mr. Park.

Joohyun and Jongin both went to sleep on the travel. After one and a half hour, they finally arrived in Seoul. Mr. Park dropped them infront of Lotte World.

"Thank you Mr. Park." Mrs. Choi told the kind man.

"It's nothing. Enjoy your birthday, Joohyun-ah. Mr. Choi, see you around." He said and finally drove off.

"Wow! This is so big." Jongin was fascinated by the new surroundings.

"Let's go. We should make every minute of this day memorable." Mr. Choi said.

When they got in, they started riding all the rides they could ride. Jongin and Joohyun were enjoying it so much, probably due to the fact that it's their first time to go in a amusement park. It is already afternoon when they decided to eat lunch. While they were waiting...

"It was so fun and tiring at the same time. This will probably be the best birthday of my life." Joohyun exclaimed.

"But noona kept shouting in my ear. I almost got deaf." Jongin complained which caused laughter to the family.

"And our young boy is really brave, I thought you would cry a lot." Mrs. Choi said.

"Yeah, he can really watch for his sister once we grow old." Mr. Choi replied.

The food arrived and everyone started eating and taking pictures. Once they finished eating, they went in a cinema to watch movie. After an hour and a half, the movie they were watching was already finished. It is already 5PM, and it's already starting to get dark. They decided to roam around the mall for the last time before they leave.

*

Meanwhile, a young boy was roaming around the mall located in Lotte World with his mother, her mother's friend and the daughter of her mother's friend. It was not until he saw a life-size figure of his favorite hero, Batman. He stood outside the window glass, staring at the figure with full of amazement until....

"Umma? Where are you?" Baekhyun looked at his surroundings to look for his mom but no trace of her were there.

He started to cry. He is lost. He started to walk around, hoping he would see his mom. Baekhyun, despite of his young age, is not a coward and definitely not a quitter. He is still crying but he still decided to look for his mom. He then decided to went out of the mall and search for her outside. He was walking along the narrow road until he heard a woman shouted....

"Yeobo! The child!" 

Baekhyun then looked at his back and saw a car aggressively approaching him. 

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" He shouted with fear.