Chapter Fifty-Four

Everything Was Perfectly Fine Until We Met Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 54 
Family Gathering

***

A month has already passed and today, you and the family were on you way over to Jongin's parents house for dinner. Since it was warm, you decided to dress up in a red sweater dress with a crotchet fringe on the top and as for the shoes you decided to wear your pair of maxstars (platform sneakers) for comfort. 


"ya ~ put this on" Jongin handed you one of his thick padded jackets. "you're still sick!" he claimed.

Recently you have gotten cold. Your eyes have been harshly irritated for the past two weeks, having red and watery eyes. You nose has been running but recently it has settled and you've been picky with your food lately. 

Jongin has been terribly worried for the past two weeks but you reassured him that these are the symptoms you usually get when your sick. Even when you're sick you really moody. That's just how it is for you.

Everyday he insist on staying home with you, but you decline his offer. Jongin has a hectic schedule right now, but this week Jongin was being stubborn and took a day of to be with you and now you're on the way to your future in laws. 

As the three of you were standing in front of the Kim's Residence, you started to feel nervous. Jongin must have noticed from the corner of his eyes as you have gotten a lot quieter. 

"halmoni ~~~~ hanabeoji ~~~" Taerin called through the security camera

"Rin-ah ~ you shouldn't be nervous. You even came here by yourself without telling me before" he half joked and half meant.

Before you could even reply their front door opened and the three of were greeted with a happy Mrs. Kim "aigo! ~ my baby Taerin-ah is here ~~~~~ halmoni missed you so much~~" and showered her grand daughter with kisses.

"omo. ya Kim Hyorin. What happened to you?" she handed Taerin to her husband and examined your face. "you have a slight fever ... are you okay? Bali come inside!" she pulled you and Jongin inside to the lounge. 

"eomma, it's okay I just caught a cold. I'm recovering anyways" you reassured with your eyes smile "do you need any help in the kitchen?" you asked

"ani! just stay here and rest. Jongin you take care of her" his eomma claimed. 

"yesss.." you heard kkamjong silently cheer. You nudged his side with your elbow and glared "help your mum!" you whispered.

"EOMMA RIN-AH WANTS ME TO HELP YOU- AHHH.. arraseo" he winced, rubbing his arm that you pinched. 

"let's go upstairs, it's warmer there" He lead you upstairs to his bedroom. 

Entering Jongin's bedroom was like entering his childhood. Everything he had in his room were during his school days. Action figures, cartoon posters, school books for year 1 to 6. It was adorable.

"kyaaa ~~~ what's this?!" you found his old pair of ballet shoes. Like a fangirl you were squealing over all his clothes that he once was able to fit in. "it's so smart for eomma to keep your room exactly how it was for over 10 years now" 

"haven't you been here before??" he asked fascinated by your reactions. 

"correction. I've been over your parents house numerous of times before thanks to you but only to have dinner. Remember? your old apartment on the other hand ... was another story" you explained while laying down on his bed that had a galaxy bed cover set. 

"even your bed smells like you ~~" you squealed 

Jongin was smiling to himself as you were in your own world admiring his bedroom. He then joined you on the bed and cuddled you closer. "ya ~~~~ move over" you whined

"this bed is a single bed remember .... I was 10 when I used to sleep here so we have to be closer right" he smiled. 

Yours eyes just automatically began drooping. Jongin was just watching you trying to stay awake. He tucked in a stand of your hair behind your eyes and caressed your face. "you know just sleep ~ dinner will take awhile to be done" 

"sirreo ~" you whined 

"jinjja, there's no difference between our lives even though we're legally married now Kim Hyorin-ssi" Jongin chuckled

"we lived our lived backwards" you giggled and in fact it was true but at least you guys are married now. The two of you pushed aside a proper wedding and will wait for the right year, for now as long as the three of you are together then everything is fine. 

In no time you have already fallen asleep. Something you also like to do when your sick. Jongin quietly watched you sleep. The door then opened a crack and a little head popped in "appa ~~~~" 

"Taerin-ah ~~" he called her to join them in bed

"halmoni said dinner is ready bali" she tried pulling Jongin up. "let's wake eomma up first" 

"there's no need ... you guys are loud enough to wake me up" you sighed and struggled getting up. 

Walking downstairs into the dinning room, the table has already been set and eomma and appa were already seated. "ngaw Rin-ah ... you have to make sure you have plenty of rest tomorrow. Jongin-ah stay home with her tomorrow" his eomma scolded him. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter