Chapter Thirty-Three

Everything Was Perfectly Fine Until We Met Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 33 
Endurance

***

A week has passed since our little vacation in Seoul. The boys from Seoul tend to video call us whenever they are free from schedules, Taemin and Taerin-ah are actually getting along with these boys... too much maybe? but if that's what they want fine, I'll allow them to continue talking to the boys.

I know that there is nothing wrong with letting Taemin and Taerin talk to them and especially Jongin, but my concern is Taemin. Would he not possibly feel  a little uncomfortable talking to Jongin, does he not feel that awkwardness that I feel with my daughter confronting her real father and her father Taemin acting like everything is fine? Am I just over thinking things? These thoughts have been filling my mind and lately I have been zoning off. The secret about Taerin-ah being Jongin's child has remained as a secret, from him and the rest of the exo members, but after the confrontation I can't help but worry about when that time will come when everything will be revealed.

I'm scared, actually I'm dreading for that day to come when the truth is revealed, but only I'm worried about it. There is no hint of Taemin worrying about it that it scares me, of how he is being oblivious to the situation.

You are enduring all these new happenings that are occurring in our life. You don't complain but deep down inside there is a hint of uneasiness in you but does anyone in this household notice it?! aigo ~ I'm dying from frustration, but I shall endure it. 

Here you are on a bright day stuck at home. Why is that you ask? well because your family prefer chatting with EXO then hanging out as a family outside. You acted as if you were enthusiastic in the video call, putting on a fake smile every now and then in front of the boys. As you observed your family getting closer to these guys the more you get tensed, who knows what could possibly happen. 

"Chanyeol ahjussi, I want a big Pororo doll ~ please ~~~" Taerin-ah pleaded from the webcam of our laptop.

"aigo ~ arraseo, ahjusshi will buy you BIG pororo doll he smiled" erupting a loud squeal from Taerin-ah

"SARANGHAYO CHANYEOL AHJUSSI!" she thanked shooting love hearts at him *adorable*

"Hyorin-ah, why aren't you talking???" D.O oppa questioned in the middle of the video call, your thoughts were interrupted as you looked at the screen with six boys staring at me. 

"uh-uhm how can I talk if you're always talking to Taerin-ah instead of me!" you answered and heard them all saying "ahhh and oh's" * was that close* stuttering in front of them made me feel even more embarrassed, but I guess they bought the little lie. *good save*

"well how have you been then Hyorin-ah?" Baekhyun oppa asked

"busy cleaning, cooking, helping Taerin-ah with homework, giving Taerin extra personal lessons for ballet at home, simply busy" you replied hoping that they wouldn't ask more. 

"geeez, that being at home all the time" you heard someone comment but you couldn't figure out who said it.

"sorry guys but I'll be leaving the conversation now ~ I need to cook dinner" you waved goodbye and rushed into the kitchen leaving Taemin alone with the boys since Taerin-ah went to help you with dinner.

"Taemin-ah, what's up with Hyorin-ah? she hasn't been herself alot, is she okay?" Suho oppa asked from concern

"really? she seems fine to me though?" Taemin replied *really ignoring my weirdness*

"ani, she must just be jealous that were always online talking to you guys" Taemin laughed off, and changed the mood back to how it was earlier. As Taemin shrugged the question, he finally realised the way you have been acting. He turns around from the chair and shifts his attention to you in the kitchen cooking, indeed you didn't look to happy and now it was concerning him.

"uhm Hyung, guys ~ we'll talk again next time, I guess I should help my wife cook dinner. Bye" he waved and ended the call

As Taemin walks towards the kitchen, he wraps his arms around your waist while you were standing in front of the stove. He rests his chin on your shoulder, but you shrugged your shoulder. That little action startled Taemin and he let's go of his grip on you. "Hyorin-ah, what's wrong?" he was able to ask but instead you ignored his question and focused on the pot that was in front of you.

"yeobo ~ can you just please wash up, and help Taerin-ah wash up. Dinner will be ready soon" you replied in a flat tone, having no expression. 

You could tell that Taemin wanted to comment back, but he obeyed your order and took Taerin to the bathroom with him, to wash their hands. As they walked out of the bathroom the table was now ready and served for dinner.

Taemin would steal glances of you from the corner of his eyes while you all eat, to avoid his gaze you tried to start a small conversation. "Taerin-ah how was school?" you asked

"It way good, we had a show and tell about last weekend and I talked about meeting exo ahjusshi's" she beamed *great, I dug my own grave* I tried stuffing my mouth with food to avoid questions that would be asked but to my luck Taer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter