Chapter Eighteen

Everything Was Perfectly Fine Until We Met Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18 
Impossible (Jongin's POV)

***

Today we were going to meet our producer for one of our tracks 'Baby Don't Cry'. Who thought that I would have survive this training hell for four years and I am one step away from finally debuting. My training years was hell after being dumped by someone who you really loved I still question how I was able to do this on my own...

***

Kim Hyorin. We met four years ago and she was the first girl I ever loved. We might have been young back then but we didn't let that stop us. She was my first crush, first girl friend, and she was practically my first in everything.. Everything was going well as we supported each other during our trainee days, dancing was what put us together. We were inseparable ... but that's what I thought when she suddenly left me after our first year anniversary. 

She broke up with me through a phone call, a freaking phone call.. she could have at least confronted me in person. when she suddenly disappeared after our one year anniversary I kept calling her to check up on her, her excuses started to become lame and she hardly answered my call. From that I got suspicious and ask her if she was cheating on me, I got so insecure without her by my side during training and the words I dreaded to hear was said. The last thing I remember hearing was "I'm sorry". 

After that breakup I was now on my own in training. I wanted to leave, there was no point in pursuing this career is Hyorin was no longer by my side. I felt like my  life was falling apart, how could one year of happiness suddenly change and yet I was never able to see her if she actually meant it or not. She was out of reach, I tried meeting up with her older cousin Jiwon but she was out of reach too. I hardly saw her in the building whenever her name was listed for appointments with Lee Sooman-ssi. 

Lee Sooman-nim, he didn't allow me to leave SM. He said that I shouldn't let a girl stop me from pursuing my dreams.. I decided to stay as a trainee I had 3 more years and I'll debut as he promised. Our debut was getting closer *four years passed by* and now here we are about to discuss the new track when I saw her.

Me and the other guys were going inside the elevator, for a moment I froze on the stop looking at her, she hasn't changed. Still as casual and pretty as ever. 

"Hyomin-ah annyeong ~ we meet again" Baekhyun and Kyungsoo hyung waved

*they know her? ~ wait they got her name wrong ... it's Hyorin*

"ah, ne. Good morning oppa" she smiled back

"guys ~ she the producer for one of our tracks" Baekhyun hyung announced 

"ah kamsahabnida" the other guys thanked *Hyorin made the song?*

Hyorin was standing at the back corner of the elevator and I was next to her, I secretly stole glances of her unchanged appearance after four years, okay so maybe she grew a bit taller but apart from that it was still her. Just standing next to her again made me feel nervous ~ my heart was beating and I was standing straight and from my reflection from the mirrors inside the elevator you could tell that I was uncomfortable.

"where Luhan?" Kyungsoo hyung suddenly asked

"ah he'll be coming later" I answered.

*Luhan? is he the person she replaced me with?* I couldn't take this anymore. I have to talk to her. I need to heat those explanations to why she ended this. 

The elevator finally stopped at the recording studio and before she could enter I stopped her by holding onto her wrist pulling her back so we could talk. 

"can I help you? she asked trying to let go of my grip. 

"Hyorin-ah?" I asked not letting go of her wrist and looked at her intently, not leaving my eyes from hers. "Hyorin-ah is that really you?"

She looked at me with a confused expression... "you don't remember me?" I asked

"nugusaeyo?" she asked

"Hyorin-ah don't do this It's me!" I tried to stay patient, her little game was starting to get on my nerves.

"wait Hyorin-ah?" she asked once more and nodded 

" ..." I heard her curse

"so you do remember me?" I asked

"I'm sorry but I'm not Hyorin-ah" she apologised

"bullcrap! you clearly remember me ~ why would you even pretend to not know me!" I yelled

her expression changed ~ she was confused? 

"this is a misunderstanding .. I'm not Hyorin-ah ... she's my sister I'm Hyomin" she explained

I read 'Hyomin's' expression she meant what she said ... *Hyorin does have a sister ... but It can't be?*

"can we please discuss this privately ... for now we need to continue with our meeting" she pleaded and walked inside the recording studio

"sorry I got caught up with a phone call" she apologised

*thank god the studio room is sound proof so they couldn't hear us* 

"Hyomin-ah this EXO ~ they'll be debuting soon and the song that you and Luhan wrote will be in their album" Andrew hyung announced

"Hyomin-ssi your song is really deep, is it your own experience? Suho asked her

"ani-yo It's from a person who is really close to me" she replied

Now that I think about is the song directed towards me? ... if so it would have meant the Hyorin-ah wrote the ...

"okay well we have this little meeting settled, next week ... we have the music video shoot and Hyomin we need you to come to help us out if you don't mind" Andrew hyung asked and everyone agreed "well I guess this meeting is dismissed ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter