Chapter Forty-Eight

Everything Was Perfectly Fine Until We Met Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 48 
Special Announcement

***

It took a week for the announcement to be scheduled. Exo had a break and during the week you and Lee Sooman-nim organised the announcement, rather then the announcement being an interview it was going to on broadcast. 

You're one step away from releasing the weight from your shoulder... once you come out all you have to do if deal with the reaction from the public. You will be looked down for someone who ruined their 'Kai's Life'. Someone who wants attention after leaving for four years then re-appearing in his life with a kid. You'll be someone who's holding Kai back. 

But it's something you have to be strong about and face it. There will be some people who would accept it but the fraction compared to those who won't., will be huge.

As you and Lee Sooman-nim have been planning the announcement you have requested for your to be able to explain yourself first without any interruptions from the press. Once you're done talking then they can bombard you with questions. There will be no more lies that will be told. 

You have been thankful to have your Hyomin's family, Exo, SM Entertainment and Jongin's family by your side. This year has probably been there year where you have explained yourself multiple times. Jongin's noona's and parents reaction weren't as bad as to what you were expecting. More like you were expecting a slap on the face??  but from when the two of you first started dating, Jongin did introduce you to his family and they welcomed you as their daughter.

- Flash back from a year ago - 

"where are you going all dressed up?" Jongin asked while you were applying some make up. 

"I have a meeting with Hyomin for her wedding so I'll be late don't bother waiting for me and just take care of Taerin-ah arraseo" you quickly ran out of the apartment before Jongin could stop you.

You immediately sent a message to Hyomin while driving telling her to back you up if Jongin decides to call her. Tonight you wanted to personally talk to Jongin's family. It's been four years since you've seen them and you are nervous as hell. If Jongin was by your side it could have been easier but as usual you decided to do explain yourself on your own.

With a heavy heart you knocked onto their door that has not changed for the past years. Seconds felt like minutes and your heart was racing as you heard the door knob turn. "annyeongha- Hyorin-ah?" Mr. Kim asked 

"ne, annyeonghasaeyo Mr. Kim, it's been awhile" you greeted and bowed. It has been years but he still welcomes you with a fatherly hug

"come inside now - it's cold outside" he welcomed you inside. Maybe visiting them without any notice was a little bit rude .... you awkwardly walked into their lounge. Nothing has changed in this household. 

"APPPA WHO WAS THAT- Kim Hyorin?!" one of Jongin's noona yelled as she walked downstairs. The youngest noona of of Jongin, she was the eonni you've always wished for who will always be by your side, she was someone who would side with you rather then her own nam dongsaeng hehe. 

"It's been awhile eonni ..... annyeong" you awkwardly bowed. Eonni didn't feel awkward at all and ran up to you and greeted you with a big warm hug "I haven't heard from you for ..... years! where have you been? what have you been doing? how are you? where's Kkamjong?" she bombarded you with questions while hugging you. 

"honey who's here?" Jongin's eomma called from the kitchen. "let's go into the kitchen I bet eomma will be happy to see you" eonni claimed while practically dragging you to their kitchen. Eommo-nim, she hasn't changed either and just seeing them smiling as if it was the old days where you would stop by "eomma look who's here!!" eonni squealed making you embarrass

"omo ~ Hyorin-ah how are you? we weren't expecting you" Eommo-nim greeted. 

"sorry Eom.. Mrs. Kim, I wasn't able to inform you before hand so sorry for interrupting you all" you saw her smile fade away as her expression changed "Mrs Kim ??? oh my it's been four years since we last met and don't worry your not disturbing us. We insist that you join having dinner with us Hyorin" she replied.

"well if that's okay with you, plus I wanted to talk to you all" 

"hm arraseo we have alot to catch up on for now do you want to help me cook for dinner?" you nodded as Mrs. Kim asked and you were given the job to cut the vegetables. While you were helping out eonni was just sitting down near the counter snacking on a few things while the thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter