Chapter Forty-Nine

Everything Was Perfectly Fine Until We Met Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 49
 Manipulated

***

"Lee Taemin ...." that name that you struggled to utter. He may have been the understanding, good boyfriend and husband but with how things have turned out now … his pretty face was used as a mask to cover his real character.

There are many ways to consider guys as 'bad boys' but Taemin was different. Apparently loving someone for four years then suddenly breaking up with them is okay. Apparently sending them away and filing a divorce way okay, apparently …. reappearing a year later again and announcing that you're still married to him is okay! 

Is this how easy I am!!!? Repeatedly your feelings are being played around. In a year you are able to adjust accept the reality but now isn't this too much? How dare he reappear and announce that we're still together. Hearing that come from his mouth made you furious, you were trying to clear everything for the sake of Kai but now …. another problem had to reappear. 

It felt as the time suddenly froze. Your mind went blank as you were seriously taken back from Taemin. Looking at him … something felt different. He was actually fighting for you, that was the one thing you wanted him to do a year ago. He reassured you that he wouldn't easily give neither you or Taerin to Jongin but in the end, he didn't keep that promise since 'it was for the best'. 

But now that he was fighting back for you why didn't you feel happy? It no longer felt right. Cameras continued flashing and questions were being thrown at you, but from that moment. Heck you didn't care. Lee Taemin is back and seeing him right in front of you is making you furious. 

Your thoughts had been interrupted as you felt Lee Sooman-nims hand squeeze yours to reassure you that everything okay. You came back to your senses. 

"Shall we continue this another day. Hyorin has a very important appointment right now. We'll continue again and I'll make sure that no one releases any information until the conference is complete. If people disobey my orders consequences will occur. We will get going first" Lee Sooman-nim announced

From that Lee Sooman escorted you out of the conference room. Everything was going well until ... You stopped walking causing Sooman-nim to turn back around, seeing you blank. 

He didn't need any explanations as he knew what was up. He pulls you into a fatherly embraces "just let it out Hyorin-ah". Just from that you started bursting into tears, no longer able to hold back the tears you've been holding back. 

As you were busy crying your eyes out, Lee Sooman-nim decided to drop you of home. Since it was a week day Taerin was currently at school which was fortunate for you since you didn't want her to see you in this state.

Jongin was about to welcome you happily, but as he open the door seeing you with you head hanging low and Lee Sooman-nim's arm around your shoulder, he knew that something didn't turn out right. Jongin was flustered, he couldn't say anything .... he just thought that you were prepared for this but ...

"she's just flustered after a little incident during the conference" Lee Sooman-nim explained "she needs to rest first then we should talk" he handed you to Jongin.

As Jongin carried you into your bedroom his heart ached. "what did you do to deserve all this?" he whispered, he lied you down on your bed and tucked you in. Once he walked out of the the bedroom into the lounge Lee Sooman-nim had already made himself comfortable in the lounge, gesturing Jongin-ah to sit down with him. 

"what happened during the conference??" he asked straight to the point. Before Lee Sooman-nim could answer he sighed. "Everything was going according to plan until .. Lee Tae-"

"LEE TAEMIN?! WHAT ABOUT HIM?!" Jongin cut in

"he suddenly appeared during the conference and claimed that Hyorin was still married to him, legally." he answered

"so, he didn't finalise their divorce papers huh?" Jongin asked

"I guess so. She was seriously taken back ... hm that Lee Taemin is messing with her emotions again" he sighed feeling guilty

While he was being informed about what occurred during the press conference his fists were curled into a ball, his knuckles were turning a pale and his expression has stiffen. 

"he had this all planned didn't he? tsk ... what an . He practically gave her to me! But I knew it was to good to be true for him to let go, this guy is sly...." Jongin spoke finally understanding the situation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter