Good bye

Childhood friends

Minhwan’s P.O.V.

It’s her last free day in Korea. Tomorrow, she’ll be going back to her family. I looked at her as she packs her things. She smiled at me but I can see that she really wanna cry.

“_____.” I called her. “Mwo?” she said then turned her back on me. “Why aren’t you looking at me when I called you?” I asked. She just replied with a faint laugh. I stood up and hugged her from the back. “Ya! Will see each other someday.” I told her. She nodded. I turned her around. I can clearly see those tears flowing from her eyes.

I want to cry. Seeing her like this rips my heart. I hugged her. Her chin rested on my shoulder and my arms around her waist. “I’ll go back here after my studies.” She promised. “Ne. I’ll force Manager to have a concert there.” I said. “Don’t cry. We’ll see each other again. Okay?” I told her. “Ne.” she replied softly.

I loosen my hug and she wiped her eyes immediately. “So cute.” I told her. “I’m crying and you can still say that!?!” she complained. “That’s the _____ that I know.” I said. She smiled. When will I see that smile again? She’s a brave lady. I trust her. I know she’ll be fine without me.

“Annyeong!” Min Yeon said as she entered the house. Jin and Seoh are with her. “Oh. What are you doing here?” _____ asked. “Aren’t we allowed to go here anymore?” Seoh asked. Jin sat beside me. “Why are you here?” I asked him. “We bought some food. Let’s have a farewell party.” He announced.

 “Where’s Eun Ji?” _____ asked. “She’ll come with Jonghoon, Hongki, Seunghyun and Jaejin.” Min Yeon replied. I looked at _____. She was in the middle of smiling and crying. I like her like that. She seemed to be fragile and strong at the same time. I want to protect her. Will I be able to do that while we’re at different countries?

The girls prepared the food. Jin and I arranged the room since FT Island will also come. Moments later, the hyungs came. “Sorry we’re late!” Seunghyun said. “It’s nothing.” _____ said. I can see that she’s happy that everyone’s there. But I can also feel his sadness. She needs to leave us tomorrow.

We ate, chatted and drank the whole night. It’s one night we’ll never ever forget. How I wish it won’t end like this. I want to keep her beside me. But I can’t take her away from her parents. I also want to be successful in life. I guess I need to wait and sacrifice for a little more time.

Your P.O.V.

Early morning and my flight’s on 3pm. I stood up and took a stroll outside. The morning breeze was great. It woke me up. I just didn’t like that it also made me realize that it could be my last time to feel that morning breeze. I saw my aunt sweeping in their garden.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I greeted Imo. “______ are you ready for your flight?” she asked. “Ne. But honestly, I still don’t want to leave Korea.” I told her. “We need to sacrifice sometimes, darling. Don’t worry. You can visit someday.” She said. I looked down on my toes. It’s a sad thought. I don’t even know if I can come back. “Will Minhwan come with you on the airport?” she asked. I nodded.

“He’s really sweet. Be careful. People might catch you.” She reminded me. “Kamsahamnida.” I said then gave her a tight hug. I went back to my house and waited for Minhwan to come.

11am and Minhwan came. “You ready?” he asked. I just smiled. He put my luggage on the trunk. And we drove to the airport. “I can only stay up to here.” He said. “Ne.” I smiled then looked on my shoes. I don’t want to cry now. “Ya! Don’t cry in front of me now.” He said. I tried to smile but tears suddenly fell down my cheeks.

Telling me not to cry makes me cry. Aish. Why did he say that? He hugged me. My face was buried on his chest and I kept on crying. “I like you like this.” He whispered. “Because I can always protect you like this.” He continued. I didn’t reply. I was drowned with my own tears. He released his arms around me. i looked at him. I know he wants to cry too.

“You trust me, and I trust you. Okay?” he said. I nodded. “We’ll be together forever, okay?” he asked. I nodded. “We’ll see each other soon. One year is just a short time.” He said. “Smile now.” He continued. “My princess, I love you so much.” He said. Okay. I burst into tears.

Minhwan is really good in making me cry. “Go now. You’ll be late.” He said as he wiped my tears. “Saranghaeyo.” He said. “Saranghaeyo.” I answered. I pulled my luggage and lined up on the check in station. I left him there. I don’t want to look back. I might not be able to ride the plane if I do that.

I guess it will be a long time before we see each other again. I haven’t ridden the plane yet but I miss him already. I wish I can extend my stay here.