Radio

Childhood friends

 

Jonghoon’s P.O.V.

“What’s this?” I asked as I entered the house. They were already seating on the couch with Manager. “Jaejin, you didn’t tell him?” I heard Seunghyun ask our bassist. “Don’t look at me like that. I told him a million times that this is an emergency meeting.” Jaejin replied. “Shut up boys. Jonghoon, sit down.” Manager said and so I sat.

“Hongki will be at Japan tomorrow for an interview for his drama. Two of you are needed for a radio show and two are needed in a variety show. We need to decide who’s who.” Manager said. “I’ll go with the one from the 16th dimension.” Jaejin said. “Ya! Jaejin, don’t you think the reality show would be great? Girls also need to see are faces. Not just our voices.” Seunghyun told Jaejin.

“So it’ll be Jaejn and Seunghyun on the reality show and Jonghoon and Minhwan on the radio.”Manager told us. So it’ll be the two of us? That would really be awkward. “Can’t I go with Seunghyun or Jaejin instead?” Minhwan asked. The five of us looked at him.

“We’ll go to the radio show.” I told him. I tried to be calm as much as I could. I already told him to be professional but he’s acting like a kid. Tsk. “So it’s set. Get back to your own lives.” Manager said. Minhwan was the first to stand up and immediately locked himself in his room.

~The next day on the radio show

“Good morning everyone. We’re here with FT Island’s leader and lead guitarist Choi Jonghoon!” the radio host said. “Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted. “And FT Island’s maknae and drummer Choi Minhwan!” she told the listeners. “Annyeonghaseyo!” he greeted.

“Let me ask you a few questions before we let them hear your newest song. Is that alright?” the host asked. “Yes.” Minhwan and I both replied. “Many girls are interested with this question. What is your ideal type of girl?” she asked.

Wow. Of all the questions to be asked for the both of us, why this one? “I like someone who isn’t princess-like. Just an ordinary girl who can make me smile.” I answered her. “Wow! But you sure look like a prince. Don’t you think a princess would be good for you? How about Minhwan?” she said.

“A person who does makes mistakes so I can always protect her by my side.” He replied. Is _____ someone who makes a lot of mistakes? Is that how he looks at her? “Ahhhh… These two are really every girl’s dream guy.” She said. Minhwan and I laughed as a reply.

“I just wonder what will happen if you guys liked the same girl.” The radio host said. Our smiles were swept away. “Oh. But I hope that won’t happen. And I’m pretty sure you have different dream girls, right?” she said. None of us spoke. “Ok. So more questions with these handsome guys after their new song. Primadonnas, stay tuned!” she finally said.

Minhwan’s P.O.V.

At last, the show ended. As soon as we got out of the room, I confronted Jonghoon. “I told you it’ll be better if we separated.” I said. “I told you to be professional, didn’t I?” Jonghoon asked me. “Why are you still not giving up? Do you think you can get _____?” I asked as a reply.

“I’ll give up when I’m sure you’re the one that she loves.” He told me. As easy as that? The I’ll prove it to you.“Fine. May the best man win.” I said. I don’t want to have a fight with hyung but I can’t just give up _____.