Confrontations

Childhood friends

Your P.O.V.

We entered the house and sat on the sofa. “You’re on the hot seat, girl.” Eun Ji said. “Mwo?” I answered. “What’s between you and Minhwan?” she asked me. “Mwo?” I asked again. “Aish. Stop acting like you don’t know.” She told me. “Are you in a relationship?” she continued.

“Aniyo!” I replied. “Have you kissed?” she asked me. I looked at her. “Mwo? That happened already?” she asked, eager to know more.

“We’re just shocked and out of our minds. It’s not what you think.” I told her. “Ya! Tell me everything.” She said so I did told her everything including my date with Jonghoon.

“Wow! You’re dating two famous guys.” Eun Ji said. “Ah. It’s not like that. We’re all just friends.” I assured her. “You know what, if I were you, I’ll choose Minari. We know him for a very long time.” She said.

“I told you already. He’s not courting me.” I told her. “I really don’t like Jonghoon. He seems to be a playboy.” She said. “Playboy?” I asked. “Yeah. I can see it in his eyes. Minhwan even mentioned before that their leader watches .” Eun Ji said in annoyance.

“Aish… Let’s stop this. It’s getting late. Go home now.” I told her. “Ok. Fine. But please. Remember, you know Minari more.” She said. “Ne. I got it.” I replied to stop her. Eun Ji finally went away and I sat on my bed. It was only now that I was able to check my phone. There were two messages.

“Good night sweet dreams” – Jonghoon

“Did Eun Ji help you with the dishes? Good night. Sleep tight.” –Minhwan

If they do like me, who shall I choose? A friend who I know for years? Or a friend who is the man of every girl’s dreams?

Minhwan’s P.O.V.

“Good morning!” I greeted them. “Maknae’s back!” Jaejin exclaimed. “Bipolar kid. Tsk.” I heard Seunghyun say it. “Good that you’re back. I can now take a rest.” Hongki said. “Jonghunnie, make this kid suffer.” Hongki hyung told Jonghoon.

“Yeah. He has loads of work to do.” Jonghoon said. “Jinja?” I asked. “I was just joking so Hongki’ll stop.” He whispered to me. I just smiled in reply. I’m not yet in the mood to talk to leader. I went straight to Seunghyun to avoid an uncomfortable conversation with leader.

Jonghoon’s P.O.V.

Minhwan walked towards Seunghyun. Is he still avoiding me? Wae? Is it probably because of _____?

“Minari!” I called him. He looked at me and asked why I called him. “Help me with planting flowers in the garden.” I said then went outside. He followed me. I handed him a pot.

“Get a flower in that area and put it in that pot.” I told him. “Ne.” he politely replied. I took another pot and helped him. “Do you still have communication with _____?” I asked him. “Wae?” he asked in reply. “She doesn’t reply to my messages.” I said. “Jinja? Maybe she’s busy.” He told me.

“Do you like her?” I asked him. Was it really right to ask that question? Or will it just hurt me?

Minhwan’s P.O.V.

“Do you like her?” Jonghoon asked me. Should I say yes and be his enemy forever? But saying no will just make me suffer.

“Ne.” I bravely replied. “Ne?” he asked me. “Ne.” I repeated. “I love her.” Jonghoon said. Did I hear it correctly? “What should I do?” I asked him.”Let hyung have her.” Jonghoon told me. Let him have her?

“I can’t” I replied. “You can’t?” he asked. “Do I have to repeat everything that I say?” I asked him. He stood up and so did I. “Let’s be professional at work.” Jonghoon told me then walked away.