Japan

Childhood friends

Minhwan's P.O.V.

We were already in Japan. As soon as we arrived at the dorm, I called _____. “Hello?” she answered. “You miss me?” I asked her. “Aish.” She complained. “Mwo?” I asked. “Ne. I miss you so much.” She told me. Was that real? “Jinja?” I want her to repeat it again so I asked. Does she think of me as often as I think of her?

“Aniyo. Do you really think I’ll miss you?” she said. “Who do you miss?” I asked. “Jonghoon oppa.” She replied. “Jonghoon? Oppa? You call him oppa?” I questioned her. I never heard her call me oppa then she calls that guy “oppa”? “Wae? I’m a fangirl too. It’s a fangirl thing. You won’t understand!” she said.

“Am I not your bias?” I asked her. “Why would you be?” she asked in reply. “Aish.” I protested. She just laughed. That is her hobby. Laughing at me. “I guess I’ll just say bye.” I told her. “I miss you!” she finally said.

“Call me oppa.” I ordered her. “Mwo?” she asked. “Wae?” I asked her. “We’re just the same age.” She told me. “I’m still older by 5 months.” I said. “Ya! I need to go. Our teacher’s already here. I’ll turn off the phone.” She told me. “Aish. Excuses. Minhwan oppa will call you after class.” I told her. “Fine. Bye!” she said then hung up. I was lying on the bed at that time when Jonghoon came inside the room.

“Was that _____?” he asked me. “Ne.” I replied coldly. “What did she say?” he asked. “None of your business.” I responded. “Did she look for me?” he asked. “Aniyo. She didn’t even mention your name.” I said then walked out of the room. He’s so confident. Tsk.

Jonghoon’s P.O.V.

She didn’t even mention my name? I don’t believe him. I dialed _____’s number on my phone. It was turned off. But why was Minhwan able to call her? Is Minhwan so much ahead of me?

“Hyung, Manager said we’ll leave after an hour for the fanmeet.” Jaejin said as he entered the room. “Ne.” I replied. “Hyung, are you alright?” he asked me. “Ne. I’m just thinking of _____.” I said. “Don’t think about her so much. There’ll be many girls later.” He said then flashed a big smile at me. Jaejin left the room. I’m really thankful the other members are still there to help me through this situation.

“Hyung! Can I borrow your phone? I need to call my mom. My phone’s battery is empty.” Seunghyun asked as he hurried inside the room. “Aish.” I complained then gave him my phone. “Gomawo” he said then stormed towards the door until he reached the living room.

Your P.O.V.

Finally, my classes ended. I my phone. There was one missed call. It was Jonghoon oppa. I wonder why he called. I was about to go out of the room when Sam, my girl classmate, called me. “_____, don’t go home yet. Let’s have a meeting for our project.” She said. “Ah. Sure.” I replied then sat on my chair.

We were in the middle of the meeting about our history project when my phone suddenly rang. Everyone looked at me. Who could it be? “Mianheo.” I apologized then walked towards the door. “Yoboseyo?” I answered. “Did you miss oppa?” It was Minhwan. Who else.

“Aish I’m in an important meeting.” I protested. “Is that more important than me?” he asked. “Ne. Where are you?” I asked. “Our fanmeeting just ended. Wae? You’ll go here?” he said. “Aniyo. Call later. I’ll be dead if I miss this meeting.” I told him. “I’ll end this call if you call me oppa.” He said. Aish. He’s so childish. I hung up and ended the call. But before I even turn off the phone, it rang again.

“Mwo?” I answered. “Why did you hung up?” he asked. “I’m in a meeting.” I replied. “Is it really hard to say Minhwan oppa?” he asked me. “Aish. Minhwan oppa.” I said softly. “I can’t hear you.” He said. “Minhwan oppa.” I said in a normal voice. “I still can’t hear you!” he exclaimed.

“Choi Minhwan!” I scolded him in a loud voice. My classmates looked at me. “Mianhe.” I apologized. “hahaha…” I heard him laugh. He seemed to be dying out of laughing so hard. “Call me later. Tonight. It’s Friday. I can sleep late.” I told him. “Ok. Bye dongsaeng!” he said to me.

I went back to my chair and was able to listen clearly to my group mates suggestions about the project. But as soon as it ended, my mind flew. It went to Japan. I can imagine myself talking with Minhwan. I can imagine his hands holding mine. His eyes staring at mine. His lips gently kissing mine.

Omo! What am I even thinking of!!! Aish. He’s my best friend and I think of him with dirty thoughts. Ottoke!!! But honestly, I can still remember the softness of his kiss until now. I wonder when will that happen again.