Solos and hugs

Childhood friends

Minhwan’s P.O.V.

We entered the stage. There were lots of fans in the audience. I wonder if this is just a TV appearance or a concert. We started playing our instruments. Primadonnas screamed as they heard Jaejin, Hongki and Seunghyun’s voices. They seemed to be dying for the hyungs’ voices.

Finally, my solo came. I hit the drums as much as I could. More screams were heard. But in the middle of my solo, someone butted in. Jonghoon played his guitar. The other three were flustered and so was I. I saw Hongki telling me to just continue. Is this Jonghoon’s way of being professional?

I stopped for Jonghoon’s solo. He strummed his guitar and the Primadonnas screamed. Wanting for revenge, I hit the drums during his solo. Pris shouted thinking we’re doing a solo battle. What they do not know is that we did a battle for someone’s heart.

“What have you done?” Hongki asked as soon as we entered the dressing room. “He did it first.” I told him and I saw _____ enter the room. “_____, why are you here?” I asked her. “I just want to congratulate FT Island.” She said with a big smile. “Did you hear my voice? It’s great, right?” Jaejin asked her. “Ne.” she answered.

_____’s P.O.V.

I looked at Jonghoon and congratulated him. “Oppa! You did great!” I told him. “Did I?” He asked. “Ne. You also look handsome today.” I said. I thought I blush a little. Never mind. I said that because it’s true. “Ya! Stop prasing him. This is boys’ dressing room. You shouldn't be here!” Minhwan told me as he put his arm around my shoulder.

“Ya! Fine. I’ll go back there. Don’t forget that you’ll bring me home later.” I reminded Minari as I shove off his arm. “Ne.” he said as he patted my head. He looks extremely handsome. I just don’t know how to say it. His smile and his eyes are enough to melt me down. What? Why am I even thinking of that?

I went outside their dressing room and back to the audience. Moments later, the show ended and I waited for Minhwan. He wasn’t wearing his suit that he wore awhile ago but he still looks handsome. We entered his car and drove to my house.

“Was I great awhile ago?” he asked me. “No.” I said. “No?” he asked. He looked shocked. “You weren’t great. You were extremely great!” I told him. A smile was seen on his face. I just love his smile. “Are you free tomorrow?” he asked me. “I have classes.” I said.

“Then, you won’t see me for a while.” Minhwan said. “Wae?” I asked. “FT Island will have a concert in Japan. So we’ll be there for two weeks.” He said. “jinja? Do well!” I told him as we went outside the car. I opened the gate and let him enter the house. He was quiet.

He sat on the couch and asked “You won’t miss me?” I looked at him and laughed. Of course. I will. But I guess I won’t miss you as a friend. I think I’m falling in love for you. But how will i tell you? You might be eyeing someone. There are loads of other pretty idols. “Ya! You really won’t miss your best friend? Aish. Do you really like Jonghoon that much? You won’t even miss me?” he asked me as he stood up.

Jonghoon? Why talk about about Jonghoon all of a sudden. Now I’m pretty sure I don’t have feelings for leader. “Of course, I’ll miss you.” I replied. A smile suddenly appeared on his face and he hugged me immediately.

It was cold that night. I felt the warmth of his body on mine. I had the feeling that the time stopped. If this could just last long. But moments later, an unexpected guest came – my Imo. And she just caught us hugging each other. Minhwan immediately released his arms around me and I saw him bit his lip.