Double date

Childhood friends

Your P.O.V.

I woke up early. It’s a holiday today so Minhwan and I decided to have a date. I’ll meet him in a restaurant. He said it’s his treat so I’m kinda excited. I dressed up and hurried to the restaurant. He was already there.

“Ya! I’ve been waiting for 15 minutes. Everyone’s looking at me.” Minhwan welcomed me with that line. “I’m not yet late. I’m 5 minutes early.” I told him. I sat down on my chair. He leaned forward and examined every inch of my face.

“Why are you like that?” I asked him. “I think your beautiful today.” He said. “So I’m not beautiful yesterday?” I asked him. “Ani~ You’re more beautiful today.” He corrected himself. I laughed. His smile turned into a blank face. His eyes were wide open.

“Ya! Are you alright?” I asked. He didn’t reply. I noticed him staring at someone at my back so I turned around and saw familiar faces. “Isn’t that Eun Ji?” Minhwan asked me. “Ne. She’s with Jonghoon?” I asked him. “Is your eyesight 20/20?” he asked me. “Ne. I guess.” I said.

He suddenly stood up. I was not able to do anything so he ended up standing in front of the two. I can’t hear what he’s saying but Eun Ji and Jonghoon looked like they’ve been caught doing something by a secret camera. Moments later they joined us in the table.

“Eun Ji.” I said. She looked at me then smiled. “You and Jonghoon are dating?”I continued. She looked at Jonghoon. “This is your fault. You made me like her.” Jonghoon told me. What? I didn’t understand that. What did I do?

We ordered food. I can’t help seeing Jonghoon having secret glances on Eun Ji. They look so cute together. I ship them! Kekeke. “You wanna go to the amusement park?” Minhwan randomly asked. I looked at him. “It would be so much fun there!” He said. “I won’t enjoy. I don’t like rides.” I told him and I’m serious. I don’t like rides. The goose bumps I’ll get. I can already imagine it.

“You’re scared, huh? Don’t worry! Oppa is here.” He said proudly. “What do you think?” He asked Jonghoon. “Yeah. If Eun Ji wants to go, I’ll go.” He said then looked at Eun Ji. “Mwo?” she said. “You want?” Jonghoon asked. “Sure. Why not.” She answered. “It’s a double date. I guess.” Minhwan said.

We reached the amusement park and there were lots of people. They were looking at us and I just hate the attention we got. We lined up for the roller coaster and just by looking at it; I think I’m going to throw up. “Minari, can we go somewhere else?” I asked. “Ani~ we’re already at the middle of the line. We’ve already spent too much time.” He said. Omgg! My boyfriend was more excited than the kids around us.

We entered the ride and it started. I closed my eyes. I felt my insides turning all around. I heard screams. Suddenly, someone hugged me. My face buried on his chest. I know it’s Minhwan. Who else could it be? “I’m sorry. I never thought of how scared you are.” He whispered. I smiled. As soon as the ride ended, I stood up and felt a bit dizzy.

“Are you alright?” Minhwan asked. “Ne.” I lied. I don’t want him to worry. “Oh. Hyung and Eun Ji left us!” he said as he noticed that they aren’t behind us. “Maybe they want some private time.” I said. “Those two. What do you think they’re doing?” he asked. “Leave them alone.” I told him. I’m happy for them. I really never imagined that they’ll end up with each other.

Eun Ji’s P.O.V.

After the ride, Jonghoon dragged me towards a mascot. “Let’s have a photo with him.” He said. “You’re like a kid.” I told him. “I’m still a kid!” he protested. We asked a random person to take our photo. I had so much fun with him today.

He dragged me towards his car while his arm was on my waist. “Let’s just go to your house.” He said. “Mwo?” I asked in disbelief. “What are you thinking? I’m not a ert!” he said. “Let’s go to the grocery first and buy some food. What do you think?” he said. “Ne.” I answered then entered his car.

At this time, the grocery store had few customers and mostly are ajhummas. So only few were looking at us. He held me hand. I felt safe. I held it tight. “What shall we buy? Let’s make kimchi stew.” He said. “You know how to cook?” I asked. He looked at me and gave me a How-dare-you look. “You really think I can’t cook?” he told me.

He dragged me along and picked every ingredient that he needs. He definitely knows all the ingredients. We went home with a box of goodies. “Ya! Help me with these!” I shouted as I carry the box out of the car. He was already opening my house’s gate. He really had the nerve. “Ya! That’s my house!” I shouted but he just continued walking inside.

At last, I’m on the kitchen. I was all sweaty and he looked at me. “Are you trying to seduce me by being that sweaty? You think I’m an easy guy?” he asked his voice was a bit loud. “Are you shouting at me on my own house? Seduce? What are you talking about?” I told him. I was about to unpack the goods we’ve bought when he held my hand.

“I guess I’ll be an easy guy on you.” He whispered then kissed me once more. This was our second kiss. But I consider it more special. The first was like due to our mixed emotions. Now, we’re sure of our feelings.

One of his hands was wrapped around my waist while the other was at the back of my head. Thank goodness it’s on my head. I could’ve fallen backwards. The kiss wasn’t that long compared to the first one but this one’s more intimate. I dunno really. I shouldn’t think of him and imagine us like this! I’m not a ert!

I fixed my hair and unpacked the box as if nothing happened. He was still looking at me. “Mwo?!” I asked him with an irritated tone. “Are you a witch or a fairy?” he suddenly asked. “Why are you so weird?” I told him. “When I kissed you, I felt like there was magic.” He said. This guy. I laughed. “You watched too much movies and dramas that’s why.” I said.

“Go to the living room.” He ordered. “Wae? This is my kitchen!” I told him. “I’ll make the Kimchi stew. I’ll prove to you that I can cook.” He arrogantly said. Aish. He has so much pride. “Fine! Make it delicious or you’ll find yourself outside this house.” I told him then went back to the living room.

He’s a bit weird. He’s a derp. While waiting, I thought of something. I’m in a relationship with FT Island’s Choi Jonghoon. I never imagined that could happen.