Ice cream bribery

Childhood friends

Your P.O.V.

*ring ring*

“Yobeoseyeo?” I answered my phone.  “_____, are you free today?” It was Jonghoon on the other side of the phone. “I have classes.” I told him. “How about after classes?” he asked. “Why do you want to see me?” I asked him as a reply.

“I just want to.” He said. “You think I’m that easy to get?” I questioned him. “Aniyo. You want me to treat you some ice cream?” he asked. “Yup!” I answered. I do love ice cream!!! Every bit of it! “Then, I’ll pick you up after class.” He said and the call ended. Ah, wait. He’s gonna pick me up? Aish… I was easily bribed by an ice cream.

~the school bell rang

“_____. You gonna go with us?” my classmate asked me. “Ah. I guess not today. Got an appointment with someone.” I said. “Boyfriend?” she asked. “No. Just a friend.” I defensively said.

Jonghoon was already in the university’s gate. He was inside his car so I went inside.

“Isn’t easy to get, huh?” he said to annoy me. “Ya! Let’s just go and give me your promised ice cream!” I told him. “Spoiled brat!” he told me and gave me his big smile. After five minutes, we were inside the ice cream parlor. We were already eating choco sundae when he asked me.

“Can I ask for an advice?” I said. “Sure. What’s it?” I asked him. “I have a friend. He’s Mr. A.” he said. “He is a friend of Mr. B.” he continued. “So?” I asked him waiting for his reply. “Mr. A and Mr. B loves the same girl. What should Mr. A do?” he finally asked.

“Who does the girl like?” I asked him. “I dunno.” He said. “Mr. A should know  who the girl likes to know what he should do.” I told him. “What if the girl likes Mr. A?” Jonghoon asked me. “Tell Mr. A to give it a go.” I said. “And what if the girl likes Mr. B?” he asked with hesitation. “Mr. A should let her go.” I answered him.

“Let her go without fighting for her?” he asked me. “Sometimes, letting go is for the better.” I told him. I hoped he understand me. I’m wondering who Mr. A is and Mr. B. That girl must be very lucky.

Jonghoon’s P.O.V.

Let her go? What if she likes Minhwan more? Should I let her go? Seeing her eating her ice cream made me smile. If making her choose me would be as easy as bribing her ice cream, it would have been easy.

“Do you like ice cream?” I asked her. “I don’t like it. I love it!” she said. I smiled as a reply.  She stopped eating and jokingly said “Don’t smile at me like that. I might fall for you.” “If that’s the case, I’ll smile at you until you fall in love with me.” I told her then held her hand. Omo! Isn’t this too cheesy for her?

“*cough cough cough* Hahahaha. Oppa! You’re so funny! Keep eating your ice cream it’ll melt.” She said as she immediately took her hand.

*ring ring ring*

“Yoboseyeo?” I answered the call. “Hyung, come home now. Emergency meeting.” Jaejin said. “It’ll take me 30 minutes before I get there. Now? Why didn’t you call me earlier?” I asked him. “That’s why it’s called emergency, bro. Just go here as soon as possible.” He said then hung up.

“It’s Jaejin. We have an emergency meeting. Is it alright if I leave?” I asked _____. “Yeah. He would call if it’s not important.” She told me. “I’m so sorry. I’ll just treat you again some other time.” I said. “Sure! Go now. He might end up killing you if you don’t go on that meeting.” She said. Aish. Jaejin! Wrong timing!