Please do wait

Childhood friends

Jonghoon’s P.O.V.

“Hyung! I made a mistake!” Seunghyun said. He was still holding my phone. And he looked as if he did something really terrible. “Mwo?” I asked him. “I think I deleted someone’s number in your phone. I just don’t know who exactly.” He said. Aish. He’s probably in his 16th dimension when he did that. I snatched my phone from his hand and searched for my mom’s number, then my dad’s. Then I thought of _____.

“Who was it?” Seunghyun asked me. “_____.” I said. “Oh. Omo. Mianhe.” He said. “Of all the numbers. Tsk.” I told him. “Do need some help?” he asked me. “I don’t need your help. I need her number.” I said. “I’m Minhwan’s roommate. I’ll take care of it.” He assured me.

Minhwan’s P.O.V.

“_____. It’s already 11pm and you’re still awake?” I asked _____. “Your still awake too.” She said. “I’m used to it. You’re not.” I told her. “What are you doing?” she asked me. “Nothing. Just talking with my special friend.” I answered. “Special?” she repeated.

“Ne. Why are you laughing?” I asked as I heard her sweet laugh. “ Cause you’re joking.” She said. “I’m not.” I assured her. “I’m your best friend. Using the word “special” means you have feelings for that friend.” She told me. “I know. That’s why you’re my special friend.” I said.

“Mwo?” she asked. Her voice was so sweet. She seemed to be flustered. I hope I can see her expression now. “I’m not good at this.” I told her. She didn’t reply. “I like you.” I told her. Still, there was not a reply. I do hope she’s still listening. “I-I love you. I don’t know. I always think of you. I can’t get you out of my brain. I’m willing to do anything just to make you happy.” I finally said.

“Minari.” She said. “Was I too fast?” I asked her. “I don’t think I’m ready for this yet.” She told me. Her words were like knives cutting every inch of my skin. “I’ll wait.” I replied. I’ll stand with my words. “I guess that should be all for tonight.” She said. “Ne. Good night.” I answered.

I looked at the blank ceiling. Do I still have a chance? Or will I just wait and then end up with nothing as a prize of patience? I don’t know until when I have to wait. But for now, that’s all I can do. 

Jonghoon’s P.O.V.

It’s early morning and Seunghyun was the first person I saw. I hope he doesn’t irritate me like yesterday. “Did you get it?” I whispered to him. “Ne. But I was not able to find her name on the contacts. I only saw “best friend” so I get that number. Is my logic correct?” he asked me.

“Where’s the number?” I asked him. It’s her. I think so. Minhwan never told us about any other best friend. “Here.” Seunghyun said as he handed me a piece of paper. I texted the number immediately. “Good morning! Did you have a good sleep?” I asked.

“Good morning! Who’s this?” she replied. Was this really _____? Is she putting a prank on me? “Ya! This is oppa!” I texted her. “Oppa? I think you got the wrong number.” She said. I got the wrong number? Does Minhwan have another girl best friend? I called the number.

“Hello?” a female voice answered. It was a sweet and beautiful voice but definitely not _____’s. “Isn’t this _____’s phone?” I asked. “Ani~ Who’s this?” she asked me. “Choi Jonghoon.” I replied. “Aish. Leave her alone.” The girl said. “Mwo?” I asked in confusion. This girl!!! Does she even know me?

“I’m busy now.” She said then ended the call. She’s so disrespectful. Whoever she is. Seunghyun, on the other side of the room, was still looking at me. “Hyung, I’m great right?” he said. “Yeah. Wrong number!” I said. I need to know the owner of that number. She might be able to help me.