Celebration

Childhood friends

Your P.O.V.

It was 6 pm and I’m already in FT Island’s dorm. The celebration was inside their house. There was a table full of foods. There was also beer. I could say they’ll drink until morning. Minhwan spotted me and he hurried towards me.

“Ya! You’re here!”he said in excitement. I smiled at him. He put his arm on my waist and led me to the table. “Help yourself!” Hongki said. “Here’s some beer!” Seunghyun said as he handed her a glass of it. “Ya! Don’t let her drink that!” Minhwan said. “It’s cold today. One glass won’t harm. I guess.” I told him so I took the glass of beer. “For FT Island’s success!” Seunghyun said as he raised his glass of beer.

We ate the food on the table. It was only FT Island and I. Everyone was happy except for one person. Jonghoon. He was seriously drinking beer. I went to him and asked “Are you alright?” He just smiled. He doesn’t want us to know the pain he’s getting.

Was he’s sadness because of me? Omo. I am very sorry. “_____!” Minhwan called me. He’s a bit drunk I could say. I walked towards him and he held my hand. We sat on a bench in the garden. It was quiet there. I looked at him. Shall I tell him that I also love him?

“_____-ah. Shall I still wait?” He asked me. Tears suddenly fell from his eyes. I can’t see him like this. “I waited for months. If I still wait do I still have a chance?” he asked me. “I don’t know if you like Jonghoon. I love you. I do hope you feel the same for me.” He said. “Minari, you’re drunk.” I told him as I try to comfort him.

“Tell me. Do you like me? Or should I just give up?” He asked. I dunno how to respond. I hold his cheeks and gave him a kiss on the lips. He looked taken aback at first but seconds later he held the back of my head and played with my hair.

He kissed me gently and so did I. I can smell the fragrance of his hair and it’s just addicting. I touched his shoulders then pushed him lightly. I moved away and sat properly. “Was that a yes?” he asked. I giggled. He smiled then stood up. “______ loves me!!!!” he shouted. I tried to pull him back to his seat but he kept on jumping. He’s like a kid and I like him like that.

Jonghoon’s P.O.V.

I watched them as they kissed. I heard Minhwan’s shouts. I guess I lost the match. Tears fell from my eyes. I don’t know why I had the feeling that I wasn’t hurt that much. I embraced my defeat willingly. I called Eun Ji. “Can we talk?” I tried to say. “What happened?” she asked. “I’ll tell you. I’ll go to your house.” I said.

“What’s the problem?” she said as soon as I arrived in her house. “You don’t live with your parents?” I asked her. “There in America for some business thingy. What made you go here?” she asked so I told her what happened. “I thought she’ll properly explain it to you. Maybe she’ll tell it after she talks to Minari.” She told me.

“You didn’t wait for her to talk to you?” she asked. “You think I can still wait? I’ve waited for a long time.” I told her. “It’s not a good feeling but you need to deal with it.” She said. “I need her.” I told her. “Maybe there’s some other person for you. There’s a special someone for everyone.” She said. She looks to be sincere in everything that she said.

Her eyes weren’t glaring at me tonight but she’s still pretty. Her lips looked soft. Maybe there’s really a special someone for everyone. Could that special someone possibly be Eun Ji? She looked flustered as I drew nearer to her. I closed my eyes and our lips met.

I pressed my lips on her. I held the back of her head. Her body was close to mine. I can almost feel her fast heartbeat. Her hands started to hold my chest. I thought she’ll push me away. I kissed her gently and she kissed in return. Her left hand held the back of my head and played with my hair while her other hand clenched my shirt.

Suddenly someone called. We came back to our senses. She looked embarrassed as I answer the call. “Hello?” “Hyung, where are you?” Jaejin asked. “I came to my friend’s house. I needed to talk to someone tonight so I came here. I’ll go home later.” I said then ended the conversation.

She was staring blankly at her toes. I smirked. “Was it your first?” I asked. She nodded. “You liked it, right?” I asked her boldly. “Ya! I don’t. I was just shocked!” she replied. “Is that how shocked girls kiss?” I asked. She was glaring at me again.

“I’m so sorry. I got shocked too.” I said. “Don’t worry. You’re not a bad kisser.” I continued. “Aish. You went here crying like an idiot. Now, you can make jokes like that?” she said. “’cause my love doctor healed me.” I said pertaining to her. “Love doctor?” Eun Ji said.

I smiled. She rolled her eyes. “Ya! I shall go now. Tell _____ I’m fine.” I said. I stood up then walked towards the door. I sensed that she’s right behind me so I tried to pull on a joke. I immediately looked back at her. She was frightened so her back hit the wall. I put my right arm on the wall. Her face was again inches from mine.

“Shall we do it again?” I asked. She glared at me and slapped me. “Ya! I was just joking!” I told her then hold my slapped cheek. Honestly, I pulled on some jokes for me to forget everything. I want to smile even for an hour and being with this new friend makes me smile like crazy. I went back to my car then to FT Island’s dorm.