Unexpected guest

Childhood friends

Your P.O.V.

“Omo. _____. Ah. I just came to check if you’re alright. I think came on the wrong time.” She said. “Ah. Ani~ It’s not what you think Imo. Ah. Imo, this is Minhwan. He’s my best friend since primary. I think you’ve seen him before. Minhwan, this is my aunt.” I told them.

“Minhwan? Choi Minhwan?” Imo asked to confirm that she heard the name correctly. “Nice meeting you.” Minhwan said then bowed. “FT Island?” she asked. This time her eyes were open wide? Does FT Island have a bad reputation in our town?

“Ne.” Minhwan replied then looked down in embarrassment. “Ah. Imo. He’ll go home now. Right Minari?” I said. “Ani~ Why are you sending him away?” Imo told me. What’s going on? “Sit down first. _____ will make some tea for you.” Imo told Minhwan. I’ll make tea? Kekeke… What’s gotten into Imo?

“_____. Make him some tea before he leaves. It’ll be good for his body.” Imo said to me. “Mwo?” I asked her. “Go make him tea.” she replied. It looks like my aunt is a Primadonna. I went to the kitchen and made tea for the three of us.

Minhwan’s P.O.V.

_____ went to the kitchen. Omo. Why is her aunt like this? Ottoke? I have a feeling that I’m on the hot seat. Did she figured out that I like her niece? I was caught hugging _____. Will I be scolded and be banned from this house?

“Are you really Choi Minhwan of FT Island?” she asked again. “Yes.” I said politely. “Omo! My niece didn’t tell me you were friends! My family is a big fan of your band!” she said excitedly. I thought she’ll scold me. I just smiled as a reply. I don’t know how to react in this kind of situation.

“Good thing I have a marker in my bag! Will you sign my shirt?” _____’s aunt asked me. “Mwo?” I asked in reply. I just can’t believe this is happening. “Just sign it. At the back. At the back.” She said. “Ne. Kekeke…” I said and signed the back side of her shirt. At last, _____ came back.

She sat beside me. “What took you so long?” I whispered to her. “I made tea.” She replied in a soft voice. Her Imo was looking at us. She looked so happy. I took a sip of tea to reduce the awkwardness of my actions. “Are you a couple?” ______’s aunt asked us.

“*cough cough cough*” that was all I can reply at the moment because I felt like the tea went straight to my stomach without passing through my esophagus. Her aunt seemed to me flustered all of a sudden. “Imo.” I heard _____ warn her aunt. “Wae? He’s single and your single. What’s the problem there?” she told me.

Then it’s alright for her family? They’ll accept me? “Minhwan, do you like my niece? Isn’t she pretty?” her aunt asked me. I just smiled. “Ah. Imo. Minhwan needs to go home now. He had to do loads of stuffs tomorrow.” _____ said. Aish. This kid wants to kick me out of her house.

“Right, Minhwan?” she asked as she stepped on my foot. “Aish.” I complained. She stood up and pulled me up. Her aunt stood also. _____ pushed me up to the gate. “Bye Minari!” She told me as she waved her hand.

I walked back to the car and looked back at them. “Take care. Don’t be shy to go here every now and then! You’re always welcome here!” Her Imo said. “Kamsahamnida.” I said then bowed at her. As I open the front door of the car I heard her aunt sing “Annyeong nae sarang sarang sarang~~~”. I looked back at them and smiled at her aunt. She’s so cool but a little weird though. I get inside the car and waved my hand as a goodnight.