Love and Spaghetti

Childhood friends

@NinaNoDevilNa and the other readers as well Thanks a lot! Please keep reading. :)

 

Minhwan’s P.O.V.

I pressed the doorbell. Why can’t I hear Jin’s voice and the girls’ laughs? The gate opened. It was _____.

“Come in.” she said. We entered the house. I thought the others will come?” I asked. “They’ll arrive at 6pm. They still have classes. We’re left here to prepare for the party.” She answered. This is really awkward. She seemed to be uncomfortable talking to me.

She led me to the kitchen and confessed something. “Minwhan. Let’s make spaghetti.” She said. “Yeah. Sure. Where are the ingredients?” I asked trying to make the conversation informal. “Here.” She showed them to me. “Let’s start!” I said as I washed my hands. I noticed that she didn’t move. “Ah. I don’t know how to cook.” She said softly, looked down in embarrassment then slowly looked back at me waiting for my reply.

I smiled at her. “That’s why I’m here.” I said then patted her head. She smiled. It was a smile I haven’t seen for years. “So I’ll be your teacher for today.” I told her. “Yes sir!” she replied. I gave her instructions then she did everything that I said. And the result?

“Is it alright?” She asked when I tried it out. “Aish..” I said then gave her a poker face. She took a deep breath then pouted. She was so cute.

Your P.O.V.

“I’m so sorry. I tried my best.” I said to him. I reached for my phone. “Let’s just call a fast food chain.” I said trying to cover up what I’ve done. He suddenly stood up and took my phone. “You cook so well.” He said.

I just looked at him. “Mwo? It’s the best spaghetti I’ve ever tasted.” He said. “Jinja?” I asked, reached for a fork and tasted the pasta. It was indeed delicious. “Ahhh…” I said in happiness. I looked at him and hugged him right away not knowing what I have done.

“He-“I heard someone said. It was Eun Ji, Min Yeon and Seoh. They just caught us hugging each other.  Minhwan and I instantly let go of each other. Minhwan took some plates and I welcomed them.

“Ah. You’re here. We j-just finished cooking. Hehehe…” I told them. They gave me a tell-me-your-secret look. “Mwo?” I asked them. “Where’s Jin?” Minhwan asked as he put the pitcher on the table. “He’s outside getting the cake.” Min Yeon said.

There was a moment of silence. Eun Ji, Min Yeon and Seoh are still looking at us. “Ah. Seoh! Happy birthday!” Minhwan told Seoh and handed her a silver necklace. “Omo. Is it for me?” Seoh asked. “Would I give it to you if it’s not yours?” He said. “Kamsahamnida.” Seoh said.

Jin came and we sang a happy birthday song to Seoh. We ate the spaghetti. Afterwards, everyone was full and tired but Eun Ji still wanted to know something from me. “Thanks a lot everyone. I love you all.” Seoh said to us. “It’s nothing.” I said. Then, Seoh, Min Yeon and Jin said that they’ll go home.

“We’ll go now.” Jin waved from his car. “Bye!” Minhwan, Eun Ji and I said. “Ah. _____, I’ll help you with the dishes.” Minhwan volunteered. “Yeah. Sure.” I answered him. “Minhwan. I think you should go now. I can help _____. She need to tell me something.” Eun Ji told him. I looked at her then to Minhwan. Minhwan looked at me. I just smiled. “Ok. Bye!” Minhwan said. Get on his car and left.

“_____, let’s get inside?” Eun Ji told me. “What’s it that you want to know?” I asked. “As if you don’t know.” She said.