On a date

Jungcest one-shots

OTP 30 day challenge

Day 4:  On a date

 

[btw before you read incase you didn't know jagiya means 'honey' or 'baby' it's used by korean couples ke ]

 

 

 

 

I think when you're a minimum waged, entry level worker, it's harder. I guess I should just be specific, and say it's hard to answer questions like; Who are you dating now? Now, you're probably wondering what's the big deal? Or that's not a hard question to answer. Well, to me it is. Why you ask? The CEO of our company, Jessica Jung. That's why. Still don't get it? We've somehow started dating because when she interviewed me she was really attracted to me. She told me to keep our relationship a secret. I guess she is embarrassed of me because I'm low class. I'll ask her why tonight on our date.

 

I curled my hair, and parted it to the side for the occasion. I put on some light make up to still maintain a natural look, and a simple white dress. I didn't have much to work with, or even that many outfits in my closet. All of my income goes towards the rent, bills, and whatever left was for buying food. I gazed at my reflection in the mirror one last time before I left my one bedroom apartment. We were supposed to meet at a high end restaurant in uptown Seoul. I told her before I didn't have the money to afford that kind of date, but she insisted she would pay for everything. I refused many times, but she just doesn't take no for an answer.

 

I took the public bus to uptown since it was the only form of transportation I could muster to afford. The ride was longer than intended due to a wreck, followed by a large amount of traffic. It was something uncontrollable, and yet I was worried that I would upset the CEO by showing up late. The bus reached the next bus stop approximately twenty minutes later than I had intended to arrive. I was already late by ten minutes, and I still hadn't reached the restaurant yet. She was going to think that I ditched her!

 

I scampered to the location, and fixed my hair back into place before entering. I looked around inside to the see the enter restaurant was empty. Did she give me the wrong place? I was about to leave until a well dressed waiter approached me.

 

“Are you Jung Soojung?”

 

“Yes, I am.”

 

“Follow me.”

 

I followed him all the way to the back of the restaurant to the biggest table which was lit by candle light, and had the CEO sitting there with a big smile. He pulled out my chair for me, and I sat down. He left after, and I bowed quickly to the CEO.

 

“Ms. Jung! I'm sorry I'm so late! There was a wreck, and lots of traffic and-”

 

“Ms. Jung? What's with that?”

 

“I don't want to disrespect you mam.”

 

“We're going out now. I want you to call me unnie.”

 

“Are you sure? Something so casual..”

 

“If it's coming from you then it will surely be really cute.”

 

“O-Oh..ok...unnie.” I was started to get all flustered by her charming words. I think she was teasing me a bit too, just to get me to blush. I think she noticed my cheeks turning shades, and smirked.

 

“Hmm...I wonder what name I should call you.”

 

“You can just call me Soojung, miss...I mean unnie.”

 

“I think I'll use jagiya. Don't you like it?”

 

I felt my face flush entirely red. I didn't expect her to use that kind of name. I always thought she was a really formal person who would always use professional titles. Jagiya? I had never been called that before. It really threw me off guard, and I was unable to speak.

 

“Jagiya, you look really gorgeous tonight. I really do enjoy it when I get see you dressed up like this.” I buried my face in my hands, so she wouldn't see my red face. I heard her chuckle in amusement, and watched her gently remove my hands from my face. She held my left hand in her right, and rubbed the inside of my palm gently.

 

“You look better than me unnie.”

 

“At this very moment in time, I don't there is anyone who could look more beautiful than you do.” I didn't think that I could get any more embarrassed than I was after she said that. She was so kind, and honest. Most people would just say those things to say them, but when she said it I could tell it was the actual truth. I felt very special that she felt that way about me.

 

“T-Thank you very much, unnie.”

 

“You're so formal. How cute.”

 

“Should I not be? Am I doing something wrong?”

 

“Shhh. You're worrying too much. Just speak normally as you would to anyone else.”

 

I wasn't sure what else to say I was too nervous to think of a conversation. I just awkwardly grabbed the menu, and looked at what there was to eat. Everything on the menu was so expensive. The most expensive dish on the menu was usually what I received as a paycheck. She must be really rich to be able to afford to eat at these places all the time. I'll be courteous, and order the cheapest thing on the menu since she's offering to pay.

 

“See anything you want to eat jagiya?”

 

“The salad...”

 

“That's all? I'm going to get you the biggest steak they have. Don't argue because I'm not changing my mind.”

 

I nodded, and mentally drooled. Steak was one of my all time favorite foods, and I wasn't going to say no to it. My stomach growled in hunger, and she giggled at me. I coughed in an attempt to cover it up, but it didn't work so well.

 

“So, tell me how is working going? Nobody is being mean to you right? If anyone is causing you trouble tell me, and I'll personally fire them.”

 

“Everything is fine! The just ask about my relationship status a lot...”

 

“Did you tell them about us?”

 

“You said not to.”

 

“Ah, that's true.”

 

“Do you not want me to tell them because you're embarrassed to be going out with someone as low class as me?” I looked down at my lap, and an awkward silence befell us. I heard her shift around in her seat as if she was suddenly uncomfortable with the subject at hand. If she really felt that way then I guess I could understand. She must have grown up around only rich people, being with me could be an embarrassment to her family, or social status.

 

“It's nothing like that. Don't ever think that's why.”

 

“Then why?”

 

“If my ex Yuri finds out then she'll be really angry. She'll harass you, and everything else she can think of.” I really wasn't expecting her reasoning to be over an ex. I was suddenly feeling kind of jealous. It seemed like she wanted to hide what we had just her ex wouldn't know about it. To me that seemed like she wasn't over her still, or she still wanted some kind of relationship with her. I started to feel really upset. I would of rather it had been about social status instead.

 

“So, if you're worried about that then..you must still like her.”

 

“No, you're the only person I have feelings for. I broke up with her because I had no feelings left.”

 

“But, you must of called her jagiya too.”

 

“Wrong again. You're the only person I've called jagiya. I simply called her Yuri.”

 

I was at a loss of words, again. I just didn't like the idea of our relationship being a secret just because she didn't want to make her ex mad. She said she didn't like her, but if she didn't then why would she still care about her feelings? I guess I kinda felt annoyed that someone else was in the picture. I felt hurt too that she never even mentioned this girl before either. I looked up for a moment to see her ordering for us, and I looked back down at my lap.

 

“Are you upset?”

 

“Maybe, I should just go home.”

 

“Jagiya, don't be like that.”

 

I said nothing, and started to get up from my chair. I turned to walk away, but she pulled me into a back hug. I felt my pulse quicken from the sudden contact, and swallowed hard. I was upset, and hurting. I just wanted to go home, but when she held me like that I didn't want her to let go. We stayed that way silent for a moment before she spoke again.

 

“I don't want you to be upset.”

 

“How can I not be?”

 

“It's not that I don't want her to know because I want to be with her. It's that I don't want her to know because she'll get insanely jealous, and try to ruin our relationship. She would get so mad if I spent time with friends over her. I can't imagine how she'd be if she knew we were together.”

 

“If she's like that then why do you keep her working in your office? It sounds a bit suspicious...”

 

“I keep her around because her family is a large, and poor one. They depend on her for everything. I can't just fire for her whenever I know she has people to take care of. You understand right?”

 

I nodded, and pulled away from her. I bowed to her, and gave her a fake smile. She frowned a bit, obviously seeing through my facade. She grabbed, and held my hand. I let her hold it for a moment before removing it from her hold.

 

“Then, I'll be going home. It's getting late, and soon the buses won't be running anymore.”

 

“Stay, I'll take you home after.”

 

“I don't want to...”

 

“When can I see you again?”

 

“Can't you see me at work, or are you too afraid of Yuri seeing that too?”

 

“Jagiya...”

 

I ignored her, walked out on our date. She didn't stop me this time. I left the vicinity quickly, and returned to the bus stop. I sighed, and sat down on one of the unoccupied seats. I felt a little guilty for walking out on her especially whenever she already ordered our food, but still I was upset. I heard foot steps approaching, and looked up to see her. She sat down next to me, and we sat in silence. I didn't want to talk to her anymore.

 

“How can I make it up to you? I feel bad for ruining our date.”

 

“Just leave me alone.”

 

“Is that really what you want? I won't show my face to you again if you wish.”

 

“Don't do that! I still want you here. I'm just...jealous.”

 

“Of what?”

 

“I want to be the only girl you're in love with.”

 

“You are. That's why I call you jagiya. I think about you all day, and can't get you out of my head. I've never been attracted to someone as much before. I only went out with Yuri because I felt sorry for her. She liked me, and begged me to be with her. It really wasn't anything special. You shouldn't be jealous.”

 

“....Alright.” I didn't feel like arguing with her anymore, and she seemed to be being honest. She told me not to be jealous, but I still was. I wasn't happy, and I just wanted to go home. I wanted to be alone. The date was already ruined, and I was tired of hearing about this Yuri character. I'm sure she'd be thrilled to know she ruined our night without even being physically present.

 

“Now, how can I make it up to you?”

 

“Don't worry about it. I'm going to go to bed when I get home.”

 

“You can't go to bed hungry.”

 

“Watch me.” She didn't say anything after. I guess it was a bit rude of me. The bus pulled up, and she leaned in to me to give me a kiss. I turned my head so she was unable to, and got up from the bus stop seat. The bus opened it's doors, and I stepped on to the first step.

 

“I'll see you tomorrow then.”

 

“Ah. Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow, Ms. Jung.” She winced knowing that I was definitely not in a good mood anymore. I wanted to really prove my point by switching back to formalities. I got on to the bus, and sat in a window seat. The bus took off, and I saw her waving outside. I turned away from the window, and gave her the cold shoulder. I'm sure that will teach her a thing or two. The bus ride back was quicker than before since the traffic had cleared, and the wreck was no more.

 

I made it back home about 15 minutes later, and went straight to bed. I was too agitated to stay up,and do anything else. The next day began normally. I got up early, and showered. I ate a small breakfast, and went to work right after. I sat down at my desk to see a large bouquet of roses, and a box of chocolates. I knew who it was from, and wondered why she had done it. I pushed the gifts aside, and started to get to work without thinking about it.

 

In the middle of working I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see a strange girl that I had never seen before. She glared at me, and folded her arms. She looked really pissed off.

 

“Why did the CEO put these gifts on your desk?” The mysterious woman seemed like she was trying hard not to scream in my face. She was actually very intimidating, and I wasn't sure what to do.

 

“How should I know??”

 

“You do too know! I saw her do it! Now what's your relationship?” She got closer to my face, and I pulled back before seeing the CEO herself appear behind this woman.

 

“She's my girlfriend, Yuri.”

 

“Jessica why her!? Why would you choose her over me?”

 

“Because, I love her.”

 

I felt my heart skip a beat upon hearing that. I knew that she had feelings for me, but I didn't know that they were this strong. I saw unnie smile at me noticing that I was blushing already. Yuri shot me a death glare, and stomped off without saying a word. I felt uncomfortable around her, but at the same time I felt happy that she had told the truth to Yuri. I quickly got out my chair, and wrapped my arms around her tightly.

 

“I love you too.” I said shyly, and heard people around us begin a round of applause. I peered over my shoulder to see the entire office watching us. She gave me a quick squeeze before pulling away, and staring down all my clapping co-workers.

 

“Get back to work!” She shouted, and the office fell silent for a second. Not even a second later lots of loud typing, and the sounds of papers being printed were heard throughout the office. I sat back down in my seat, and felt her rub my head.

 

“Do you want to go on another date tonight? I promise it will be much better than last night.” I watched as she scratched her cheek with the tip of her nail. She looked uncertain that I would agree to it.

 

“I'd love to.” She smiled widely, and kissed my cheek before returning to her office. I typed happily with a blush spreading across my cheeks, eagerly awaiting for tonight.

 

 

Do you guys like these AU characters? I was thinking of using CEO Jessica, and her jagiya in other parts of the otp challenge series. I'll let the readers decided on that though. Just let me know! Please, and thank you! Thanks for reading. ^_^