Haze

Jungcest one-shots

 

 

She likes me? Why am I so surprised? She's always been the type to copy everything I do, and follow me everywhere begging for my attention. I thought it was normal behavior. Have I been hurting her unknowingly all this time without realizing it? Jessica, what are you doing? It's better if I just pretend that it never happened. I want to do just that, but why can't I stop thinking about it? She's so innocent, and cute. I feel bad for doing this, but it's better that way.I sighed, and walked out into the snow filled front yard of ours. A chilly wind blew past making me shiver.

 

“What are you thinking so deeply about over there?” I saw my ex boyfriend Jonghyun come into view. He had the same cocky smirk as he always had. That look he had always annoyed me so much. It had already been a year since we had broken up, but we still kept in contact occasionally.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“To see you of course.”

 

“I broke up with you for a reason .” I heard him chuckle, obviously not phased by a word I said. No surprise. He came closer, and reached for my hand. I swatted him away, and huffed. He laughed even more. What an annoying guy. I turned to go back inside, and saw Soojung watching us from the front window. I quickly turned back around, and looked upwards at him.

 

“Even so I want to invite you to the bonfire party we're having at the beach tomorrow. You can invite Soojung-ah too. She's so shy. It'll be good for her to socialize.” I saw him waving behind me, and I knew it was to her. I shifted around awkwardly at the mention of her name. I really didn't want to speak with her unless I absolutely had to. If I ignored her long enough she'd surely get over me.

 

“Ask her yourself.” I muttered lowly trying to come off as cold. He raised an eyebrow, and I saw him motion at my sister to come outside. I secretly hoped that she wouldn't. I heard the door creak open slowly, and felt myself tense up.

 

“What you're fighting again? Did she call you short or something? I hate when she does that to me.”

 

“It's none of your business. Just go already!” I grabbed his jacket sleeve, and pushed him towards the ice covered road. He wouldn't budge, and pulled away. I saw him waving in the distance again, and felt a pair of eyes on me. An instant wave of uncomfortableness over came me, and I looked across the street pretending to be distracted.

 

“So are you going or what?” He grabbed my face, and pulled on one of my cheeks. I shoved him off, and saw Soojung in the corner of my eye. I didn't dare turn to look at her.

 

“Yeah. I'll go.” I pretended to cough, and saw him go behind me. I assumed he was probably giving her a friendly hug. After all they were oddly friends.

 

“I'll pick you up tomorrow night.” He patted my back, and made his way across our neighbor's yards so he wouldn't have to walk in the slippery road. I shook my head watching him, and felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head momentarily, and saw my little sister. Her eyes were red, it was obvious she had been crying. Just seeing her for that little moment made me feel incredibly guilty. I knew it was my fault she was upset. I brushed past her, and walked back inside. I could hear foot steps trailing behind me as I walked up the stairs.

 

“Unnie..you're not going out with him again are you?” Her voice was quiet, almost a whisper.

 

“I'm busy.” I said harshly, and slammed the door to my bedroom closed. I slumped down on to my bed, and buried my face into my hands. How much longer was I going to have to do this? It was killing me inside.