Flame

Jungcest one-shots

 

 

 

It was hard. It was extremely hard to watch my sister being all lovey dovey with Jonghyun. To make matters worse she was still ignoring my presence. I sat alone away from everyone else who was gathered around the large bonfire. I shouldn't have come. I'm just a waste of space. I sighed heavily, and felt the cold ocean water hit my bare feet. I shivered, and retreated further up the shoreline. I unintentionally caught sight of my sister, and him making out. Seeing that really made me feel like . I felt an unknown hand on my shoulder, and turned to see a friend of Jonghyun's. I heard his name was Taemin. He didn't look that much older than me.

 

“You look a little bored over here. Need some company?” He smiled in a way that made me feel almost comforted even though I didn't know him at all. He sat down beside me despite me not even answering him yet. He didn't seem like the type to take no for an answer.

 

“Oh. I guess so. Thanks.”

 

“What's the matter?”

 

“You wouldn't understand..”

 

“Try me.”

 

“I like someone, but they obviously don't like me.”

 

“Is it Jonghyun hyung?” I didn't reply. I wasn't about to tell him it was my older sister who I was fond of. I shifted around awkwardly, and looked over at the large flame from the bonfire in the not so far distance. I heard him chuckle. I figured he thought I did like Jonghyun.

 

“It's alright. I'm single. We can get to know each other.” I felt him put his hand on my shoulder. I gazed upwards to see him greet me with a beautiful smile, and a cheerful expression. I wasn't sure what to say to him. I wasn't really interested to be honest. He pulled his hand away, and turned around. I was curious as to what he was viewing, and turned also. I saw my sister, and her so called “ex”.

 

“I see you're flirting over here.” Her tone sounded annoyed. I guess I was the last person she wanted to have contact with. My eyes fell to the sand, and stayed focused on the tiny grains in front of me. I didn't want to look at her at all.

 

“Noona, did you hit poor Soojung-ah? She looks miserable whenever she sees you.” Jonghyun was laughing. I'm glad you think this is funny .

 

“There's nothing wrong with her. She's just doing that for attention.” Hearing those words hurt so much. I couldn't believe she would say that to my face. It wasn't true at all. You don't know a damn thing about how I feel!

 

“...I hate you.” I hissed lowly. I saw everyone's faces twist in shock, and I stomped off towards the other end of the beach. I sat alone near a large boulder. I felt so angry, and hurt that I couldn't help but start crying like mad. I heard foot steps approaching, and wiped my eyes. My sister came into view through my blurry vision, and the tears wouldn't stop overflowing.

 

“S-Soojung! I know you don't mean that.” She reached out towards my face, possibly to wipe the stream of tears trickling down my cheek. I pushed her hand away before she could, and heard her emit a small gasp.

 

“What if I do? You've been treating me like dirt.” I managed to get out in the coldest voice I could muster. I wanted her to know that she wasn't welcome.

 

“I just wanted you to get over me..” I heard a slight shake in her voice. She sounded nervous, or upset. It didn't make sense to me. I was the one who was hurting so much this whole time, so what gave her the right to be upset? Perhaps, it was my words. They surely hit a nerve, but they couldn't possibly make her feel as bad as she had been making me feel. I felt a small pang of guilt for what I had said to her. It was true. I didn't mean it, but should I of have? After all hate is the closest emotion to love.

 

“I am.” I replied in my harshest voice, and walked away from my speechless sister. I lied. I'm far from being over you. I just want things to be normal again. I want my unnie back. Is that so hard to ask?