Chapter 9

Truly Madly Deeply

 

It’s been a week since Minho started bring Yoogeun see Taemin, it became Minho’s habit to speak to Taemin. He would tell him what happened to Yoogeun that day or what he found interesting. It was like Taemin became his human diary. One day, he was telling Taemin his normal day when suddenly he heard Yoogeun crying. He picked him up and that was when he saw that something was wrong with Taemin. His breathing was irregular and the heart monitor was going crazy. Minho pressed the emergency button and pretty soon a doctor and a nurse came rushing in, they ushered Minho and Yoogeun out and told them to wait outside.

                Yoogeun started crying and it seems as if he knew his umma was in danger. Minho sat down on the bench and cradled him, trying to stop his crying.

                “Don’t cry, Yoogeunnie, appa’s here” it was the first time Minho referred to himself as Appa. Yoogeun slowly stopped crying, Minho was surprised. Usually it was only Taemin that could get him to stop crying. The doctor and nurse finally came out; Minho stood up and asked what was wrong.

                “We’re not entirely sure, we check all of his vitals and everything was in order. It was just that minute that everything appeared wrong. However, when we were helping him do a check-up, we saw minimal movements in his fingers; we think his chances of waking up have increased. We’re not sure by how much but we are optimistic” Minho bowed and the doctor left. Minho smiled, that means Taemin might wake up sooner. He chuckled when Yoogeun opened his eyes and started at Minho who looked happier than he ever did.

                “Someone looks happy” a voice appeared by the door and Minho looked behind him, it was Key and Jonghyun. Even though Minho knew that they wouldn’t forgive him so easily, he wanted to share the good news.

                “Hyung! The doctor said that Taemin might wake up earlier, isn’t that great?” Minho had a wide smile on his face. Key stared at him, he had no idea why he was so happy, but he was glad to hear the news.

“You do know that if Taemin wakes up, he might want to take Yoogeun back right? Then you’re all alone again” Minho froze, he never thought about that. He was actually starting to enjoy talking to Taemin and holding Yoogeun in his arms.

                “Well then, I guess I’ll just have to make him move in with me when he wakes up. I have Yoogeunnie at my house, if he wants to see his baby, he’s going to have to move in” Key and Jonghyun froze, was this the same Minho that tried to get Taemin to abort the baby? What happened to him?

                “You can’t force him to move in with you, he has a choice!” Key snapped at Minho, he was willing to do that just to have Yoogeun close to him.

                “I’ll move his stuff to my place, so when he wakes up, I’ll just transport him to my house instead of yours. He’ll have to say yes if he ever wants to see Yoogeunnie ever again. Besides, Yoogeunnie needs his umma or else he won’t stop crying” as if right on cue, Yoogeun starts crying, Minho passes him to Key who tried to calm him down but was unsuccessful. Minho finally took Yoogeun from Key and gently placed him beside Taemin. Yoogeun immediately stopped crying and he turned his head as if he wants to see his umma.

                “I guess you’re right, but if I find out that you’re hurting my baby in any way, I will ing kill you!” Key kissed Taemin’s forehead before leaving with Jonghyun.

                “Don’t worry, Yoogeunnie. Both appa and umma will be by your side, whether he wants to or not. The following day, people came and took all of Taemin’s belongings and moved them to Minho’s house, he specifically prepared a room which looked similar to Taemin’s old one, hoping he will like it. Minho continued to visit Taemin at the hospital, sometimes he didn’t even bring Yoogeun there, and he just wanted to see him every day. A nurse came in to check Taemin’s vital and wasn’t surprised to see that Minho was already here.

                “How nice of you to visit your wife every day, he must feel so loved right now” Minho gave her a small smile. Is that how people see them, as a married couple? Minho didn’t mind people saying that, since Taemin did give birth to Yoogeun. Minho had held onto Taemin’s hand every day, feeling the warmth and the smoothness of it. Sometimes when Minho was talking to Taemin, he would randomly start playing with his fingers and once in awhile, brush the hair away from Taemin’s face. It was earlier today that Minho realized that Taemin’s hand looked a bit bare; he took something out of his pocket and slipped it on Taemin’s finger.

                “Was that your wedding ring? Can’t believe how beautiful it looks on him!” the nurse complimented the ring before she left. Minho looked at the ring; it did match Taemin a lot. Minho was holding onto Taemin’s hand when he felt him twitch, Minho gasped.

                “Taemin, if you can hear me, grip my hand harder!” Minho felt the hand he was holding squeeze him tighter and tighter. Minho got up and pressed the emergency button, within seconds, a doctor came running in.

                “Doctor, I felt him grab my arm and he responded to me!” Minho didn’t know why he got so worried, but he wanted Taemin to wake up. The doctor checked up on Taemin and that was when Minho heard something.

                “Yoo...geunnie” Minho looked down and saw that Taemin’s eyes were slowly opening. Minho grabbed his hand and sat down beside him.

                “Taemin, you’re awake!” Taemin looked over to see who grabbed his hand and saw Minho; he just continued to stare at him.

                “What’s wrong Taemin? Are you hurting anywhere?” Minho asked as he brushed Taemin’s hair from his eyes.

                “Yoogeun, where is he?” Taemin weakly asked, Minho called his house and told his umma to bring him to the hospital.

                “He’s at my house, but I told my umma to bring him here. When you get better, you’re going to live at my house, that way you can take care of Yoogeun at home” That was half the truth, Minho had actually wanted to see more of Taemin and with him around the house, he would be able to see him more often.

                “Why? Why can’t I bring Yoogeun back to my house? He’s my son!” Taemin tried to sit up but Minho pushed him back down, he was still weak since he had just woken up.

                “He’s my son also; he’s registered as Choi Yoogeun. You said so in your letter, if I wanted to take him back, I could. I was just fulfilling your wish” Taemin pouted, he didn’t expect Minho to change his last name too. Minho was staring at Taemin, he saw his pout and he wanted to taste his lips. Minho was tempted but he knew not to, if Key and Jonghyun were to found out, they would definitely kill him. After 10 minutes of silence, someone knocked on the door and came in. It was Minho’s umma and in her arms was a tiny baby.

                “Taemin, glad to see you’re finally awake. Guess who’s here to see you?” Mrs. Choi bent down and slowly placed Yoogeun in Taemin’s arms. Taemin held him close and for the first time, Minho saw Taemin really smile. It wasn’t a polite smile or a force smile, it was a genuine smile. Minho had never seen anything that beautiful before.

                Taemin smiled when he saw Yoogeun, he was beautiful, perfect. When Yoogeun opened his eyes, he saw Minho’s feature in them, especially the eyes. Yoogeun stared at Taemin and it seems as if he knew that Taemin was his umma since Yoogeun appears relaxed and wasn’t crying at all.

                “Taemin, you’re going to make a great umma. Did you know that every time Yoogeun starts crying and we can’t get him to stop, we will always bring him here? Once he lies beside you, he immediately stops, he misses you” Mrs. Choi looked at Taemin and her grandson lovingly. As she looked at the way Taemin was holding Yoogeun, she noticed something on Taemin’s finger.

                “Taemin, when did you start wearing a ring?” Taemin looked at her with a confused face; he then looked down and saw a ring on his finger.

                “I don’t know, Mrs. Choi. I didn’t even notice it was there, I should take it off, just in case someone accuses me of stealing it” Taemin was about to place Yoogeun down when Minho stopped him.

                “Don’t!.. I gave it to you” Minho mumbled, he avoided Taemin’s eyes.

                “Why? I have no relations to you, except I gave birth to our child. Why did you give me a ring?”

                “Because we are a family, I am the appa, you are the umma and Yoogeun is our son” Taemin teared up when he heard Minho say that. He never thought Minho would see Yoogeun as his son and not a thing. Minho saw a flowing down Taemin’s face and he gently wiped it away. Taemin stopped and stared at him, Minho looks away, he had no idea why he did that, he just didn’t want to see Taemin cry anymore.  

                “Where’s umma and appa? Are they coming?” Taemin just finished asking when the door opened and Key came running in with Jonghyun behind him.

                “Umma!!” Taemin cried as he saw Key running towards him, but Minho blocked him.

                “Move ! I want to see my baby!” Jonghyun tried to hold Key back.

                “If I don’t block you, you’re going to hug Taemin who is holding Yoogeun right now. You’re going to end up hurting both of them!” Minho yelled out. Key froze as he realized what Minho was saying. Jonghyun thought that Minho only cared about Yoogeun, when did he care about Taemin too?