Chapter 8

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                 Key and Jonghyun went home after they saw that Taemin was moved to the room. Key was still crying when he arrived home, Jonghyun tried to comfort him, but it seems like nothing was working. Key decided to go up to Taemin’s room; at least it will feel as if he was close to him. Key went to Taemin’s bedside table and picked up a book, it was Taemin’s diary. He had never let Taemin know that he knew where he hid; he would read it just to make sure Taemin wasn’t doing anything bad. He opened it and two letters fell out. One was for him and Jonghyun and the other was for Minho. Key opened the one addressed to him and started reading.

 

A/N

Listening to If I Die Young by The Band Perry, such a beautiful song

 

Hello umma,

                I know you have been reading my diary from time to time, if you get this that means you are reading through it again. I wanted to say thank you for raising me up my whole life. I have never kept any secrets from you, but I really don’t know how to tell you this. When I found out I was pregnant, I was shocked, and I didn’t know how to handle the news.

                The doctor told me I have a 50% chance of dying, but I just couldn’t bear the thought of killing my own baby. It’s a part of me. I never told you who the appa of the baby was; I think it’s time you should know. His name is Choi Minho and he me, he took my innocence. At first I blamed him, but then I grew to love my baby, now I’m thanking him for giving me such a beautiful gift.

                I don’t care if he wants to be the appa or not, but I am determined to give birth to him and raise him to be a good boy. I was prepared for the worst, if anything happens to me; please take care of Yoogeun for me. I had a dream and that name came to me, I was my son to be called Lee Yoogeun.

                One last thing, and umma I hope you will help me. If Choi Minho comes and ask to take Yoogeun, please allow him to. He already doesn’t have his umma, I want him to have an appa by his side. You know Mrs. Choi is a nice woman; she will take care of Yoogeun if Minho doesn’t. So, please umma, help me fulfill my last wish.

                I will miss you and appa dearly, please don’t cry for me. I always want to see my umma as the happy, diva Kim Kibum. Tell appa I love him too. Good bye.

                                               

                                                                                                                                Love, Lee Taemin

                Key was sobbing by now, he held Taemin’s letter close to his body and tried his best to stop crying. His baby wanted to see his umma happy and that’s what he’s planning to do. He’s going to be strong and wait for his baby to wake up. Key looked at the letter in his hand, he didn’t want to give it to Choi Minho but he promised Taemin that he would help him fulfill his last wish. Key called Jonghyun and asked him to drive him to Mrs. Choi’s house.

               

                “Kibum, how are you feeling? You have to stay strong, Taemin wouldn’t want to see you like this” Key silently sat there; he took out the letter and gave it to Mrs. Choi.

                “Taemin wrote two letters, one addressed to me and the other to Minho, could you help me pass it along? I don’t think I can personally hand it to him” with that Key and Jonghyun bowed and left the house. Mrs. Choi walked upstairs and knocked on Minho’s door; she slowly opened the door and saw Minho lying on the bed.

                “Minho, Kibum came by and dropped off a letter” she left the letter on the bedside table and left the room. It’s going to take her some time to accept what her son did to Taemin. She still loved him but it was just a lot to take in.

                When Mrs. Choi left the room, Minho looked over and picked up the letter. On the front it just said To Choi Minho; he opened it and read the letter.

 

Choi Minho,

                You must be surprised why I would write you a letter, I knew earlier on that I might not be here to take care of little Yoogeunnie. That’s the name I decided to give him. When I first found out I was pregnant, the doctor told me that I have a 50% chance of dying. I actually to considered of aborting the baby, after what you done to me, I really was thinking about it. Little did I know, I grew to love my baby.

                I wanted to thank you for giving me such a beautiful gift. It’s sad that I won’t be there to enjoy it a bit more. If something happens to me, could you please take care of Yoogeunnie? He already lost his umma; I don’t want him to not have his appa by his side. If you don’t want to raise him, at least keep him by your side; let Mrs. Choi take care of him. That is my last wish; I hope you can help me fulfill it.

 

                                                                                                                                                                Lee Taemin

                Minho felt his heart clench when he read it, for some reason, he felt sad thinking about Taemin. He just hoped that Key didn’t kill him when he appears to take back Yoogeun. The next day, Mrs. Choi and Minho went to the hospital to pick up Yoogeun; they saw Key and Jonghyun there already.

                “You read Taemin’s letter? You know what to do right?” Minho nodded as he gently picked up Yoogeun and cradled him. He looked really adorable and sometimes, he seems to pout the same way as Taemin did. Minho had no idea how he was able to notice and remember that but he saw the resemblance. The nurse came in and asked if they know what name the baby would be called.

                “He’ll be called Yoogeun, Choi Yoogeun” Minho was about to turn away when Key grabbed him.

                “Taemin wanted him to be called Lee Yoogeun, why are you changing it?!” Jonghyun held Key close and tried to calm him down.

                “He’s my baby also, I have the right to name him whatever I want” Minho left with his umma. As they drove home, Minho was starting to find Yoogeun more and more adorable. When they arrived home, they had already prepared everything the baby needs, except for his umma.

                The next day, Minho came home from work early since he wasn’t sure if his umma would be able to handle Yoogeun, he looked through the whole house and they were nowhere to be found. He finally asked one of the maids who said that they went to the hospital to see Lee Taemin. Minho opened the door to Taemin’s room and found his umma sitting beside the bed; he walked closer and saw the baby was sleeping beside Taemin.

                “Umma, what are you doing here? Why did you bring Yoogeun here?” Minho picked up the baby which caused him to start crying.

                “Minho! Put Yoogeun back down, I only brought him here because he wouldn’t stop crying at home, but as soon as I laid him on the bed, he stopped. I guess he knows who is his umma” Minho’s umma laughed softly as Minho placed Yoogeun back down and he started to go back to sleep.

                “When did this start?” Minho looked at the baby and started to pick out the resemblances. He started to notice Taemin’s smooth skin and his plump rosy lips. How come he didn’t notice it the first time he saw him? Minho decided to take a few weeks off and accompany Yoogeun whenever he started crying and wanted to be beside Taemin. He told his umma to go home first, since she was here for several hours, he’ll take over.

                Minho silently sat in the room while Yoogeun lay beside Taemin. He had woken up but was happy to just lie there. Minho saw Taemin’s hands and decided to help him place it under the covers; he touched them and was surprised as to how soft they were. He held his hands and realized that even though he was in a coma, Taemin’s hands were really warm. For some reason, it felt nice so Minho decided to continue to hold them. He touched Yoogeun’s cheek and chuckled when Yoogeun opened his eyes and looked at Minho.

                “Hey there, miss your umma? Guess you can’t sleep without having him beside you right?” Yoogeun could only blink and slowly he went back to sleep. Minho smiled as he saw Taemin and Yoogeun lying side by side, he didn’t know why he hated Taemin so much before, and he wasn’t that bad. Minho decided to set a designated time that he would bring Yoogeun over and to allow Taemin to see his son.