Chapter 34

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                Taemin woke up and he felt someone warm against him, he looked around and saw that he was sleeping in Key’s bed. He had no memory of climbing into bed, so when he turned around expecting to see Key, he saw the person that he dreaded to see the most. Taemin tried to inch away but little did he know, he was on the edge of the bed, after a few more inches, he let out a squeal of pain as he landed on the floor.

                “Owww...my ” Taemin whimpered as he sat on the ground trying to rub the pain away, when he looked up, he saw Minho staring at him with worried eyes.

                “Minnie, are you okay?” Minho tried to reach for him but Taemin shrunk back. He stared at Minho with his big innocent eyes that were filled with sadness. Minho felt his heart clench, did he really hurt Taemin that much?

                “Minho, please don’t hate me. I never regret loving you, but I just had to know. After what my parents did to me, it takes me a lot to trust someone, and when you told me about your past yesterday, I thought you were going to leave me like you did with other girls. I love you too much to let you go but I was afraid that you might push me away and leave me all alone” Taemin’s tears slowly flow down his face, dripping down his chin. Minho stared at him and then started to get closer, this time, Taemin didn’t move back. Minho sat beside Taemin and pulled him close.

                “Minnie, I was stupid. I didn’t think about your past and I just pushed you away. I even left you there all alone! What if something happened to you? I would never forgive myself. It’s not you who needs to ask for forgiveness, but it is I. From the first time we’ve met, I’ve already been hurting. You were right; everyone that’s been with me was single, but not willing. You were the only one, but I don’t regret it doing it. If I had allowed you to leave me that night, I wouldn’t be able to be your husband today, and we wouldn’t have our baby son with us right now” Minho kissed the top of Taemin’s head. He felt Taemin snuggle into his embrace.

                “Minho, I’m sorry for saying that. I don’t know what came through me, I wasn’t thinking right when we were fighting. I knew that you love me, but for some reason, there was a thought in the back of my mind, causing me to doubt your love for me” Taemin wrapped his arms around Minho’s waist and placed his head on the crook of his neck.

                “Minnie, I promise that from now on, I’ll try to be as patient as I can. I won’t run off and leave you alone again. I almost lost you tonight; I’m not going to risk it again. Whatever happens, I will tell you everything. No secrets will be kept, I promise you that. You’re the only one in my life” Minho saw Taemin wipe his tears away and smiled, he didn’t like seeing his Minnie cry. Taemin tried to stand up but before Minho could remind him about his leg, he yelled out and fell down in pain.

                “Minnie! Are you okay? Don’t you remember? You injured yourself last night, I’m sorry Minnie. I shouldn’t have left you alone last night. I heard you yell out but I didn’t turn back, if I did, then you wouldn’t be in so much pain” Taemin looked at his foot, it was still a bit red but it didn’t swell too much, it must have been Key that helped him apply ice on it. There was something that Taemin didn’t hear from Minho yet.

                “So...that means you still love me back? Even after all that I’ve said? Do you still love me?” Taemin looked into Minho’s eyes and were hoping to find the answer that he was looking for.

                “Of course Minnie, I love you with all my heart” Minho leaned down and pressed his lips to Taemin. He felt Taemin melt into the kiss and he enjoyed the sweet taste that belonged to the boy in his arms. After breaking the kiss, Minho carried Taemin and brought him back to the bed, they both sat there until a knock was heard.

                “Baby, are you hungry? Umma’s going to make some food, also you too froggie” Taemin giggled at the name, making both of them smile.

                “So I see that you two made up already, that’s good to know. Also froggie, I would let you know, that if you ever hurt my baby again, I won’t hesitate to kill you” Minho nodded, he knew not to take Key’s threats lightly; suddenly he felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist.

                “Mine” Taemin said as he nuzzled his head into Minho’s chest. Key laughed at his son’s adorableness as he left for the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

                “Yes, I’m only yours Minnie” Minho said as he lifted Taemin up and brought him to the bathroom so they could brush their teeth and wash their faces before they went downstairs. When Minho carried them downstairs, Taemin saw that Yoogeun was already sitting in his baby seat.

                “Yoogeunnie, did you miss umma?” Taemin cooed as soon as he was placed on the chair beside their son. Yoogeun looked over and tried to touch Taemin with his little hands, making gurgling noises as if he wanted to talk. Taemin giggled as he took Yoogeun’s hand and kissed it, watching him play with Taemin’s fingers were just so adorable they could stare at him for the whole day. Suddenly Taemin got an idea.

                “Minho, do you want to meet Yejin noona today? She was the friend that I made a few days ago when you went to buy ice cream” Key placed the food on the table and looked at Taemin’s smiling face. It was nice to see that he had other friends than just them and Kai.

                “Sure Minnie, do you still have her number? Let’s call her and we’ll meet up today” Taemin smiled happily as he chewed the food that Key prepared for them.

                “Umma, appa, do you want to come over too?” before Key was able to say anything, Jonghyun interrupted him.                

                “Sorry Taemin, your umma and appa have something to do today. Your umma lost a bet so he has to do his punishment today, but you two have fun!” Jonghyun said happily as he wrapped his arms around Key’s waist which resulted in an elbow to the ribs.