Chapter 5

Truly Madly Deeply

 

Kai and Taemin went to the airport to pick up Key and Jonghyun from their honeymoon and the first thing Key noticed was the weight change in Taemin.

                “Taebaby, you’ve lost weight, and I thought you might be okay without my food! Did you miss umma?” Taemin nodded, he had missed his umma a lot, he wanted to spill everything right then and there, but he told himself to be strong and to hold it in. On the way home, Key and Jonghyun was talking about their trips and everything they had seen. Taemin tried to pay attention but his mind was somewhere else, he was worrying about how to tell his umma about it, hopefully Jonghyun would be able to hold him back. Soon, they got home and Kai left after carrying the luggage in, Key and Jonghyun collapsed on the couch after walking into the living room.

                “House, I miss you so much! So, did anything happen while I was gone?” Taemin nodded and grabbed Key’s hand, they went upstairs and that was when Taemin explained everything.

                “Umma, please don’t get mad, but something has happened. I’m pregnant” Key froze, then he started laughing.

                “Aww, Taebaby, you’re just too adorable, you know that males can’t get pregnant, that wasn’t funny” Taemin shook his head.

                “It’s not funny because it’s true, umma. I really am pregnant. I have a baby growing inside me right now” Key stopped laughing and when the reality sank in, he exploded. Jonghyun ran upstairs after hearing Key scream.

                “WHO IS THAT BASTARD?! I’M GOING TO CHOP OFF HIS BALLS AND HIS , I’LL MAKE HIM WATCH ME FEED IT TO THE SHARKS AND THEN I’M GOING TO KILL HIMMM!!!” Taemin tried to pull Key back but he was too weak for a raging umma. He saw Jonghyun running up the stairs.

                “Appa! Help me!” Taemin cried as Jonghyun ran over and helped him hold Key back, after a few minutes, Taemin was exhausted.

                “Umma! Please, I don’t want him to have anything to do with my baby, he already said so himself. I’m going to have it and take care of it on my own. Aren’t you happy for me? You’ll be a halmeoni soon!” Taemin giggled as he thought of his child calling Key that, it was cute.

                Key had calmed down, but he was still fuming inside, who was this man that impregnated his baby but didn’t want him? Right now, Key tried to forget everything and just focus on taking care of Taemin. In a few weeks, he had another appointment and this time, Key was planning to go with Taemin. He won’t let him face it alone anymore.

                For the past few weeks, Taemin had been constantly throwing up; he had lost a lot of weight and would sometimes end up fainting in the washroom. Key once found Taemin lying on the floor and he freaked out.

                “AHHH!! TAEBABY!!” Key ran over and gently picked up Taemin, he saw that he was still breathing so he carried him over to the bed. Jonghyun had come up to bring some lunch for Taemin when he saw Taemin lying on the bed and Key’s crying face.

                “Yeobo! What’s wrong? Did Taemin faint again?” Key nodded as Jonghyun sat down beside him, he didn’t know why since Taemin wouldn’t go to the doctors unless it was a scheduled appointment. Jonghyun was worried about Taemin, his son was getting skinnier and skinnier each day, he wanted to find out who was the guy that did this to Taemin and give him a beating. It was then Taemin started mumbling in his sleep.

                “Baby....Umma will...protect you...” Jonghyun smiled gently when he heard that, Taemin was always so caring, even in his sleep, he talks about his baby. The next words made Jonghyun freeze.

                “Choi...Minho...don’t want...any money” Taemin mumbled as he his side. Both Key and Jonghyun stared at each other. Key knew that Choi Minho was Jonghyun’s best friend from high school and that he was also a big player. Key and Jonghyun decided to keep quiet; they didn’t want to upset Taemin even more and since they now know who the appa was, they could easily find him out.

                “Jongie, are you still best friends with Choi Minho? I might need to speak with him in the future” Key’s voice was laced with venom which made Jonghyun shivered, he nodded. He’s still best friends with Minho but not sure about the future, after what he did to Taemin, he might not be. He decided to privately meet up with Minho, just to ask him what happened.

 

                It’s been about a week since Key and Jonghyun found out who the appa was, today, Key and Taemin was out shopping again so Jonghyun decided to call Minho and catch up.

                “Hello, Minho? It’s Jonghyun, how’ve you been doing so far?” Jonghyun tried to keep his voice as neutral as possible; he didn’t want to risk Taemin finding out.

                “Hey, hyung. Everything’s been fine, just the usual you know? So I heard you’re married? Congratulations! Any plans for a family?” Jonghyun was starting to get disappointed in him, he sounded so normal, as if there wasn’t someone carrying his baby around.

                “Probably adoptions, you? Found someone special to form a family yet?” Minho chuckled; Jonghyun was hoping he was going to say yes.

                “There was one person a while back, he came up to me and said that he was pregnant, I didn’t want my image to be ruined so I tried to get him to abort it and I’ll pay him a large amount of money, but in the end he said he’ll raise it himself. As long as he doesn’t bother me with it, I’m fine with that” Jonghyun faked a laugh. He wanted to punch Minho and kill him right now. Jonghyun ended the call and a few seconds later, Key and Taemin walked through the door. No matter what happens, he’s going to support Taemin and keep his grandson healthy and happy.