Chapter 32

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                After the speech, Minho and Taemin got off the stage. A bunch of people started to swarm and surround them, this time Minho kept his promise and tightly held Taemin’s hand.

                “Minho, your wife is so pretty, how come you didn’t introduce us to him before? I think we’ll be the best of friends” people were holding  Taemin’s hand and petting his hair, one person even dared to smack his cute little , making him squeak and grabbed onto Minho’s arm.

                “If you would all excuse me, my son is still at home and we would like to get back to him as soon as possible, please make way. If you would like to speak to me or my wife in the future, please call our company and my secretary would gladly help you make a reservation” and with that Minho gently pulled Taemin out of the crowd and exited the banquet hall.

                “Minnie, where did you go? I went to get some drinks but you disappeared afterwards, are you okay?” Taemin hesitantly nodded his head, he didn’t know how to tell Minho about his competitor, but Minho knew something was wrong.

                “Minnie, did someone do something to you? You can tell me” Minho stopped walking and cupped Taemin’s cheeks.

                “I waited for you to come back, but then someone started talking to me, he said he worked with you so I started responding thinking that he might be friends with you, but then he dragged me into a storage room and he said that he was your competitor and tried to have my ways with you so he could take something precious away from you” Taemin cried, he felt the tears slowly flow down his cheeks before Minho gently wiped them away.

                “Minnie, I’m so sorry, I promised that I would stay by your side but I ended up breaking that promise. Can you ever forgive me?” Taemin just looked at him, his lashes still wet with tears.

                “I just want to know one thing, he said that you took his girlfriend away from him and then dumped her after you were done playing with her, was that true? Just tell me the truth Minho” Taemin looked into Minho’s eyes and pouted, even though he wasn’t sure whether he would like to hear the answer or not, he wanted to hear it. He wanted to know whether the man was making things up or if it actually happened.

                “What he said was partly true, I did dump her after, but I did not steal her from him. I found out that after I’ve been with her a few days that he had ordered her to flirt with me and try to find out my company’s secret. It was only those few days that I stayed with her, after that, I dumped her. I didn’t steal any girl from anyone. How can you now believe me, Taemin?!” Taemin flinched; it’s been a while since Minho used his whole name.

                “I know I broke my promise, but how could you not believe me? How could you believe a stranger and think that I’m that kind of person. I know that before I wasn’t a good person, but the only people that I have ever been with were single and were willing. I thought she had broken up with him that’s why I allowed her to stay with me” Minho removed his hands from Taemin’s cheeks and let them dangle by his side, he felt hurt.

                “Not everyone you’ve been with was willing, single yes, but not willing” Taemin looked sadly into Minho’s eyes, even though he loved Minho, hearing Minho say that was just a bit too much.

                “I know Taemin and I’m sorry, do you regret being with me?” Taemin shook his head, he didn’t regret it one bit. Taemin stepped closer to Minho and grabbed his hand, but Minho didn’t hold him back.

                “Minho...” Taemin whispered but Minho just stared at him. He didn’t know why it affected him so much, he knew that he was a player in the past, but because of Taemin, Minho had changed so much for him.

                “Minho, do you regret being with me? I know I shouldn’t have doubted you, I’m sorry, please talk to me” Taemin began to cry, he quickly wrapped his arms around Minho’s waist and held him tight, not wanting to let him go. Taemin was waiting for the feel of Minho’s arms around his body but they never came. Taemin slowly removed his arms and step back.

                “I understand Minho, I’ll give you some space” Minho sadly looked at him and then turned around and started walking away. He thought he heard Taemin squeak but he told himself he had to be strong and he couldn’t give in so easily, so Minho didn’t turn around, he continued walking and got into the car with the driver. Taemin had fallen down as his legs gave away, causing him to sprain his ankle. He sat on the ground as he watched the car drive away; tears started flowing down his face from the pain in his heart and the pain on his ankle. He didn’t know how to get home.