Chapter 6

Truly Madly Deeply

Double update :)

 

 

The time has comefor Taemin to get an ultrasound and to find out what that baby was. Taemin was starting to get worried, he knows about the risks and he was always afraid that the next time he goes in, the doctor will give him some bad news. The doctor looked at the screen and smiled at Taemin.

                “Congratulations, it’s a boy! As seen on the screen, he’s going to be a healthy baby, but Mr. Lee, you do know about the risk right? If anything unusual occurs, please come to the hospital right away, the more you wait, the more dangerous it’s going to be for you and the baby” Taemin nodded, he hoped nothing would happen the baby. He left the room and Key and Jonghyun was waiting outside for him. He held the picture in his hand and showed it to Key.

                “Look, umma. That little thing is my baby right now! He’s still very small but in a few months, he’s going to look like a full grown baby. He’s really adorable isn’t it?” Key looked at Taemin who was smiling lovingly at the picture; he knows that Taemin would be a very good umma. Jonghyun didn’t know why Minho wouldn’t want to keep the baby; he’s probably going to be adorable just like his umma, if Minho wasn’t going to love him, then he’ll receive endless love from his hal-abeoji. Jonghyun chuckled to himself.

                “What’s so funny appa? Did I do something?” Jonghyun shook his head, he just couldn’t believe it. Taemin was like a child himself but he has to take care of a baby in a few months. He was forced to grow up and we weren’t there to take care of him when it happened. Jonghyun knew that Key was thinking the same thing after seeing the look in his eyes.

                “Taebaby, let’s go home now. You must be tired, you’re starting to fall asleep while sitting on the chair” Taemin sleepily nodded as he rested his head on Jonghyun’s shoulder that carried him out the car. Key couldn’t believe that his baby was carrying a baby inside of him, he saw Taemin’s body and he was getting skinnier and skinnier every day. Even though Taemin was a few months pregnant, his health appeared to be decreasing, Key was starting to get worried.

                They all went home and Jonghyun placed Taemin on the bed, it was almost time for dinner so Key went into the kitchen and started preparing the food. Jonghyun came in after tucking Taemin in and wrapped his arms around Key’s waist.

                “Yeobo, I’m starting to get worried about Taebaby, he’s getting weaker and weaker every day. I’m just curious, were there any risks that he didn’t tell us about?” Jonghyun shrugged, Taemin haven’t told him anything, even if he did, of course he would tell Key the first minute he finds out.

                “Taemin didn’t say anything to me. It might be all the worrying and the doctor’s visit that wore him out. With all your cooking, I’m sure he’s going to turn back to the healthy looking Taemin soon” Key smiled, he hopes so too. After a while, dinner was finished as Key went upstairs to wake Taemin up. Just as he opened the door, he saw Taemin turn to his side, his back facing the door.

                “Taebaby, it’s time to wake up. I made some food, eat some dinner before you go back to sleep” Key walked closer and saw that Taemin’s body was shaking; he walked over to the other side and saw Taemin crying.

                “Taebaby! Why are you crying? Are you hurting anywhere?” Taemin shook his head; he didn’t know how to tell his umma about the risks. If he does die during the process of giving birth to his baby, then his baby won’t have an umma or an appa. He didn’t want to give birth to his precious baby and just leave this world. He felt like such a huge burden to Key and Jonghyun.

                “Nothing, umma. I was just afraid that I might not be a good umma when the baby comes. I might not be able to take care of him. It’s such a huge responsibility and I don’t know if I would be able to handle it” Taemin hid his face in the pillow as Key leaned down and hugged him. He never knew that Taemin was so afraid, he was still young and he had to force himself to grow up so fast.

                “Don’t worry, Taebaby. Umma and appa are here to take care of you and the baby. We will be one big family, we’ll help you. You will never be alone” Key whispered as he pulled Taemin closer and kissed his head.

                “Come on, you need to eat and so does your baby. Let’s go down and eat dinner together, as a family” Taemin nodded as he wiped his tears away and went down to the dining room.

                A few more months have passed and Taemin was already in his fifth month, the first thing he did every morning was look in the mirror. The baby bump was starting to show, he would rub it and would always talk to the baby. One morning, Jonghyun came into the room and saw Taemin standing by the mirror, looking at it.

                “Good morning, Taemin. Talking to your baby again? He’s growing so big, does it hurt?” Taemin smiled, he always talks to his baby in the morning. He’s not sure but sometimes he thinks his baby knows his umma is talking to him.

                “Only sometimes, I think he’s moving so he would stretch himself, but other than that, everything’s fine” Taemin rubbed his stomach again. He followed Jonghyun downstairs and began to eat breakfast.

                “Taebaby, remember to tell umma if you’re hurting anywhere, you’re baby bump is starting to show so you’ll have to be careful. Pay attention to people and to sharp corners, also no more dancing until the baby is born” Taemin pouted, he loved to dance, so that means he wouldn’t be able dance for a few more months. He continued to eat when he suddenly felt a movement inside him; he sat very still and was pretty sure he felt it.

                “UMMA!! The baby’s kicking! He kicked me!” Jonghyun and Key ran to his side and knelt beside Taemin.

                “Can umma and appa feel?” Taemin nodded and took their both hands, he placed their hands where the baby kicked and waited, after a few seconds, the baby kicked again. Making Key giggle, it really was a miracle; there was a baby inside his baby. It happen a few more times that day and every time, Taemin would rub his stomach and would talk to his baby. He would still throw up but during the morning, he tried to keep it from Key since he didn’t want him to worry too much. Taemin weighed himself, he lost 5 more pounds since last week and even though he didn’t have much of an appetite, he would force himself to eat, for the baby.

                Today, Key and Jonghyun decided to take Taemin out shopping for baby clothes, since they already know the , it should be easy. As they walked through the shop, everyone was giving Taemin weird looks, they could tell that he was a boy and he was pregnant. Key would glare at the people, making them look away and left them alone. Taemin didn’t want to spend too much on baby clothes but Key was having none of that.

                “He’s going to be my grandson, of course he needs to wear cute clothes, he’s going to be such an adorable baby, and everyone would love him” Key brought the clothes to the counter and the total came up to $700, Taemin’s jaw dropped. He tried to put some clothes back but Jonghyun already gave his card to the woman, completing the transaction. Jonghyun carried all the bags while Taemin and Key walked out of the store, just then Taemin saw Minho’s umma. She waved and walked over, Taemin smiled shyly at her and bowed.

                “Hello, Mrs. Choi, how have you been doing? It’s been a while” Mrs. Choi nodded, she smiled at Key and Jonghyun and asked them if they wanted to sit down for some tea, Key immediately said yes and pulled Taemin toward a nearby restaurant. They sat down and that was when Mrs. Choi noticed Taemin’s baby bump.

                “Omo, Taemin, you’re pregnant?!” Her eyes widen and continued to look at the bump; it was Key that interrupted her.

                “Why? Is it wrong? Are you going to tell him to abort it?” Key eyes glared. She was nice and seems kind enough, but if she was like her son, then Key would immediately leave.

                “Oh no, I was just surprised. I’m sure Taemin would become a great umma, he’s such a gentle and nice boy” Key’s eyes soften, so she was different from her son.

                “Hello, Mrs. Choi. Remember me, Kim Jonghyun” Jonghyun smiled, when they were in high school, he would always visit Minho’s house and his umma would always treat him so well. He really liked her.

                “Of course, Jonghyun. You’ve grown up; I remember you would always come over to Minho’s house and play after school. Everything’s been fine?” Jonghyun was happy that she still remembered him, which would make everything so much easier in the future.

                “I just came back from our honeymoon. I married this little cutie here, his name’s Kim Kibum. He treats Taemin like his son so that’s why he’s so protective of him” Jonghyun pecked Key’s cheek which made him giggles and blush.

                “I understand, from an umma’s point of view, it sometimes gets hard to let go. I’m sure Kibum feels that way too” Key nodded, he’s starting to like Minho’s umma more and more. Maybe in the future when Taemin is finally able to tell us who the appa is, she would take our side. That is her grandson too, there’s no way she wouldn’t want to be part of her grandson’s life.