Chapter 51

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                After playing in the beach for a few hours, Minho drove all them back to a restaurant near their house. When they sat down, Hanyoung, their waitress, came up and took their order, she was very accepting about their orientation and even complimented that Yoogeun was cute. Just as they were nearing the end of their dinner, someone barged in and demanded to speak to Hanyoung.

                “Sir, I would have to ask you to leave or else we’ll call the police” the man shoved the manager aside and marched to their section where Hanyoung was still serving customers.

                “You ! Who told you to hide my son from me?! Give him back to me!” the man gripped her arm and slapped her. Hanyoung fell to the floor, everyone was staring but no one was doing anything. Yoogeun started to cry from the noise and screams, Taemin tried to calm him down but the man started screaming again, scaring Yoogeun.

                “Excuse me, could you please leave? You’re scaring my wife and baby, in fact you’re interrupting everyone’s dinner here” Minho stood up and tried to reason with the man but all the man wanted was for Hanyoung was to return his child to him.

                “This is none of your business! Why don’t you take your wife and son out of here before I throw them out myself?!” Minho had heard enough and tried to restrain the man but he threw Minho away from him, causing him to crash onto a chair, his expression showed that he was in pain.

                “Minho!” Taemin called from his table, he didn’t want to leave Yoogeun alone but the man was getting on his nerve.

                “The court ruled Kyungie to live with me, you have no right to take him back” Hanyoung said, she rubbed her cheek a little before standing up.

                “I don’t care, he’s mine! He wants his appa!” the man continued to yell, he picked up the chair and threw it across the room. Taemin screamed; if it had been 2 feet to the right, it would’ve hit Yoogeun. Taemin had enough; he stood up and approached the man. Minho wanted to call Taemin back but he was too late. Taemin turned the man around and slapped him right across the face.

                “Listen here! If you cared so much about your son then you wouldn’t go throwing chairs around. What if that chair hit my son?! You don’t care do you? No wonder the court wouldn’t give the custody to you, there’s a big chance that you might hurt and injure your Kyungie, is that what you want?!” the man looked at Taemin in shock, he was so tiny but yet he stood up to a big man like himself.

                “But-“ Taemin slapped him again.

                “No buts! With such a temper, do you want your son to grow up and be like you? Hitting his wife and frightening little babie, is that what you want? ANSWER ME!!” Taemin screamed, the man shook his head, he was actually a little scared of Taemin right now.

                “Look at my child, I’m an umma and my heart breaks seeing him cry like that, if you think you deserve to be Kyungie’s appa, then look like one! A good appa doesn’t go and his umma! How do you think Kyungie would feel seeing his appa do that? Do you think he would be happy?! NO HE WOULDN’T! He would in fact be scared of you. Now you apologize to your wife! GO!” Taemin smacked him on the shoulder and forced him to walk up to Hanyoung.

                “I’m sorry, Hanyoung” the man looked at Taemin who nodded.

                “Listen Jinsuk, the reason why I took Kyungie away was because of your anger. He already told me that he was scared that you might hit me. Go home and maybe we can consider family therapy. It would be good for the both of us” Jinsuk agreed and started to walk away but not before bowing at Taemin and then walking out. Minho stared at Taemin, he had never seen him like that before.

                “Minho! Are you okay? You hit pretty hard on your back” Taemin ran over and helped Minho back into his chair. The manager came up and thanked Taemin for helping them solve the problem; he even offered to pay for the meal. Taemin thanked him and then Hanyoung came up.

                “Thank you so much sir. No one dared to stand up to him since he’s big in size; you were the first one that actually made him look a bit scared today. The reason why I took Kyungie away from him was because he told me that he’s sometimes scared when he’s alone with Jinsuk. He’s only 5 years old and usually he loves his appa but because of his anger, Kyungie was scared for both of our safety” Taemin nodded, he was an umma himself and would do anything to protect their baby. Hanyoung thanked them again before going back to her position.

                “Wow Minnie, for a second there, I thought Key had come and had taken over your body. You were in crazy umma mode” Taemin blushed and giggled, for once he was happy that he was able to protect his family.

                “I think whenever Yoogeun is in danger, my umma mode comes out. Of course it’s not as crazy as my umma’s but it’s up there. So don’t make me mad or else call my umma self out and beat you up” Taemin gently rubbed Minho’s back and was worried that he might have some bruises.

                “I think even if I make you mad, a kiss from me would make you all better” Minho gently kissed Taemin and his flushed cheeks.

                “Stop Minho, everyone’s staring now” Taemin tried to pull his lips away from Minho but his face was held tight in Minho’s hands.

                “So? Let them” and Minho pulled Taemin in for another deep kiss. After a few more seconds, they broke up and saw Yoogeun staring at them, or behind them. They turned around and saw Hanyoung coming up with a dessert in her hands. It was a banana split with a cherry on top. Taemin’s eyes lit up when she placed it down on the table.

                “This is my treat, thanks for helping me even though I was a stranger” Taemin smiled and Minho thanked her. Taemin immediately picked up and spoon and started eating, he gave a little bit to Yoogeun who made a happy cooing sound. Taemin giggled and went back to the dessert, he was about to pick up the cherry but Minho took it and put it in his mouth. Taemin pouted and was about to ask for another one when Minho kissed him, he felt Minho’s tongue his lips and he allowed entrance. What he wasn’t expecting was for Minho to push the cherry into his mouth before removing it. Taemin smiled cutely and enjoyed it.

                Minho saw Yoogeun reaching for his own pureed food and fed him what was left; he wondered how long it would take until he got tired of bananas. After they left and thanking the manager for their meal, they got home and almost collapsed on the couch. Yoogeun had already fallen asleep in the car and after they removed his jacket, he was left to sleep in his crib. Taemin went back to his room and went to brush his teeth, after he came out; Minho was already sleeping on the bed.

                “Minho go brush your teeth, I don’t want you to get cavities and whine to me about it. Besides, you had so many sweet things today, go” Taemin nudged him awake and tried to push him off the bed.

                “Ok, but on one condition” Taemin was waiting.

                “It’s always me kissing you, how come you don’t kiss me now? Are you still shy?” Minho turned and Taemin’s lips were on his.

                “I’ve gotten stronger, Minho. I might be shy about other things, but if kissing can make you do whatever I want, then I’m not afraid to do it” Taemin sent Minho an innocent smile before going to the closet to get a change of clothes.

                “Since you’re not shy about it, maybe next time you can ride me all night long”

                At Key’s house, Lauren was getting ready for bed, she was familiar with the places so now she rarely had to wait for them check on her to help her with things. By 10:00, she was already tucked in and was drifting off to sleep. Key decided to clean the kitchen before going to sleep; he had started when Jonghyun came in.

                “Yeobo, you can do that tomorrow. Why don’t you come sleep with me now?” he nuzzled his nose into Key’s neck.

                “I won’t have time tomorrow, Jongie. We promised Lauren that we would bring her to the amusement park tomorrow. I don’t want to break that promise” Key continued to scrub the countertops; it was kind of hard since Jonghyun had his arms around his waist. Jonghyun was about to reason some more when they heard a scream. Both of them ran upstairs and they saw Lauren sitting on her bed, her face all sweaty.

                “Lauren, sweetie it’s okay. Umma and appa are here. Did you have a nightmare?” Key pulled her onto his lap and brushed the hair from her eyes. She was really sweaty so Jonghyun went to the bathroom and got a wet cloth so Key could wipe her face and neck with it. Just when Key was about to get up and rinse the cloth, Lauren cried. It was her first time crying since her parents’ death.

                “Sweetie, it’s okay. Let it all out, just cry, umma and appa are here” Jonghyun rubbed her back and tried to soothe her cries. Key hugged her and he felt her little hands pulling onto his shirt, his shoulder muffling her cries. Key looked at Jonghyun with watery eyes and they knew that Lauren was starting to open up to them. After crying herself to sleep, Key and Jonghyun went back to their room.

                “I think Lauren might’ve had a nightmare about her parents. Her parents did suddenly disappear from her life, it must be so hard on a little girl like her” Jonghyun wiped the tears from Key’s eyes, he was really a great umma.

                “She’s going to be okay. Think about it, she’s our daughter. We’ll be with her every step of the way; she won’t ever have to be alone” Jonghyun rubbed Key’s back gently, seeing Key cry really broke his head.

                “You’re so cheesy sometimes you know that?” Jonghyun nodded and pulled Key closer.

                “So I guess the kitchen will have to wait tomorrow?” Key laughed, he sniffed a few times before kissing Jonghyun.

                “I guess so, but still no for tonight” 

 

A/N

Wow, can't believe it's 51 chapters already! Thank you for always commenting and giving me support. I think without my subscribers, I wouldn't be able to write for this long! I love you guys so much!