Chapter 20

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                Minho felt something move beside him so he opened his eyes and saw Taemin trying to get out of bed.

                “Minnie, where are you going?” Taemin turned around and his face was stained with tears.

                “Minnie! What’s wrong? I’m sorry, is your cheek hurting? I didn’t mean to hurt you, please forgive me” Taemin shook his head; he didn’t know how to tell Minho. He told Minho that he was fine and that he was just going to check up on Yoogeunnie. Minho nodded and softly kissed him, Taemin was going to miss that. When he went to Yoogeun’s room, he had to make a decision. He wanted to take Yoogeun with him but he didn’t want Minho to be all alone. It was Taemin’s choice to leave, Yoogeun was better off staying here; Taemin wouldn’t be able to support him by himself. He gently kissed Yoogeun’s forehead and pulled the covers up before leaving the room.

                “Minnie, I’m going to take a shower. We’ll have a talk afterwards, I want to discuss something with you” Taemin nodded, he tried to remain calm on the outside, but on the inside, he was starting to panic. What if Minho was already planning to tell him that he’s going to leave him? What if Minho tells him that he’s getting tired of him? What if Minho tells him he doesn’t love him anymore? Taemin couldn’t let that happen, his heart won’t be able to handle it. When Minho was in the washroom, he took that chance to pack some clothes and placed it in his bag; he took one more look at Yoogeun before he went downstairs. He couldn’t just leave without leaving a message so Taemin quickly sat down and started writing a letter.

 

Dear Minho,

                By the time you read this, I would be already gone. It’s not that I don’t forgive you for slapping me, it’s just that I’m afraid that you’re going to get tired of me and leave me. I’m afraid that you’re not going to love me anymore. I don’t think I can handle if that really happens, so I’m going to leave before that happens. I’m leaving Yoogeunnie with you, please take care of him. I love him so much, but I don’t want to take everything that you love from you. Please take care of yourself and forget me.

                                                                                                                Love, Minnie

 

                Taemin was about to get up and leave when he saw Minho walking down the stairs.

                “What are you writing, Minnie? A love letter to me?” Minho picked up the letter and started reading it, and then he looked down saw Taemin’s bag.

                “You were planning to leave me? Why, Minnie?! Hit me, yell at me but please don’t leave me! Minnie, I love you and I always will. I will never fall out of love with you. You are my world!” Minho pleaded with Taemin, he grabbed Taemin’s body and hugged him tightly.

                “Minho, please let me go! How can I be sure that you won’t stop loving me? I don’t want that day to come where you say that you don’t love me anymore! I don’t want it to happen!” Taemin started to cry.

                “Is it because of your parents? I promise I won’t leave you like they did! I love you! You know what scared me every day? I was afraid that you would realize that you’re too good for me. I was just some scumbag that you and left you, you’re an angel that gave birth to our baby boy. You know, I once had a dream that God wanted to take you back because he was missing his angel. I cried and cried for you to stay but you didn’t. That dream was always in my head, I was wondering when that day would come. Today, it came, but please, I beg you, please don’t leave me!” Minho was sobbing now; he had knelt down, begging Taemin to stay.

                “Minho, I’m not an angel, I’m just a freak who was able to give birth to our baby. If anything, I belong in hell! My parents are something of the past, the recent nightmares that I had was of you leaving me. You became my most important thing in my life, I can’t bear to live without you” Taemin got down and hugged Minho, he loved the warmth of Minho’s body, the feel of his arms around his body.

                “I love you, Minnie. I swear to God that I will never leave you. You mean too much to me, you became my entire life. If I leave you, I will surely die. How can I prove to you that I love you so much?” Minho tightened his hold on Taemin, he didn’t want to ever let go.

                “Just hold me, I love feeling your arms around me” Minho nodded and pulled Taemin even closer, he sat Taemin on his lap and kissed his forehead.

                “Does this mean that you’re not leaving us? That you’re going to stay with us forever?” Taemin nodded, he knew he had trust issues back when he was young. Whenever he finds someone that he cares about, his trust issues would always ruin it for him.

                “I have trust issues, so you’ll have to help me get through them. I might become more obessessive in the future, please trust me when I say that I’m not like that usually. I just couldn’t control myself when she called Yoogeun an ugly baby; he’s the most beautiful baby in the world!” Taemin pouted, Minho chuckled as he saw his Taemin come back.

                “Don’t worry Minnie; you’ll always be number one. I promise you that I’ll help you through it; I’ll show you that I love you so much that your trust issues will go away. Does this mean I can rip up the letter?” Taemin nodded, he smiled as he saw Minho rip the papers to shred.

                “How did you know about my parents? Umma and appa told you? I told them not to tell anyone. I’m going to get revenge on them” Taemin pouted which caused Minho to kiss his lips.

                “They just care about you; they really are your umma and appa. They love you so much” Taemin nodded, he already knows.

                “I’m going to force them to buy me banana milk for a month! Its’ the least they could do!” Taemin giggled when Minho suddenly picked him up bridal style and carried him upstairs. They went into Yoogeun’s room; Minho placed Taemin down and gently picked Yoogeun up.

                “We’re a family again, I’m glad you didn’t leave me, Minnie. I want to get married as soon as possible. That way, you will forever be mine” Minho smiled as Taemin took Yoogeun and held him close.

                “You will have to follow some rules if you want me to marry you” Taemin said as he placed Yoogeun back in his crib and got a pen and paper.

                “Anything” Minho was willing to follow any rules to be forever with Taemin.

 

Rule 1

                Kiss me at least once a day

Rule 2

                Tell me you love me at least once a day

Rule 3

                Hug me at least once a day

Rule 4

                Call me at least once a day

Rule 5

                Never look at another girl unless it’s your umma or our future daughter

               

                Taemin gave Minho the list who read through it, he laughed when he read the last rule.

                “When do you want to have our future daughter, Minnie? My Minnie is thinking about ‘that’, so cute!” Minho hugged Taemin tightly who giggled. He knew that he wouldn’t be able to have with Minho right now, but he knew that as long as they both try hard, it will happen in the future.