Chapter 16

Truly Madly Deeply

 

The next day, Taemin was ready to get out of the hospital and Minho was on his way to come pick him up. Taemin was with Yoogeun the whole night, not wanting to let go, suddenly the door opened and he looked up smiling, thinking that it was Minho. It was a girl and she had a smirk on her face.

                “You don’t know who I am, but I know who you are Lee Taemin, you’re the freak that had Minho’s baby. That’s disgusting, how can you do that to oppa! I was his ex-girlfriend, we were so in love, but then he got tired of me and dumped me. What do you have that I don’t?” she got closer and Taemin started to get afraid, he didn’t want her to hurt Yoogeun and since he was holding him, he couldn’t move too much. The girl stepped closer until she was beside Taemin, he shrunk away.

                “Why are you here? I did nothing to you, please don’t harm my baby” Taemin whimpered as he tried to get out of the bed but the girl grabbed his hair and pulled his face towards hers.

                “You came into his life so he kicked me out of his, is that still not your fault?!” she raised her hand and slapped Taemin’s face, creating a red handprint. The sound was so loud that it scared Yoogeun and he started crying.

                “Don’t cry, Yoogeunnie. Umma’ s here, umma won’t let her do anything to you” Taemin was too busy looking after Yoogeun that he didn’t notice that the girl had gotten closer, she suddenly grabbed Yoogeun and wanted to take him away from Taemin.

                “NO! What are you doing?! Don’t touch my baby!!” Taemin was holding Yoogeun closer to his body and tried to push her away, but she snapped and was scratching and slapping Taemin. By now, Taemin’s arms were full of scratches and his face was starting to get bruised from the slaps, but he still didn’t let Yoogeun go. Yoogeun continued to cry and it was his cries that caused a few nurses to come inside and see what was happening.

                “Help me!! She’s trying to take away my baby!” Taemin finally was able to get out of her grasp as a doctor and a few nurses came in and took her away. Taemin slid down to the ground and started crying, he was still in shock and wasn’t able to control his sobs. Yoogeun was still crying so Taemin tried to hold back his sobs and take care of Yoogeun first. It was at that moment that Minho came walking in with a bouquet of flowers, his smile slid off his face when he saw Taemin on the ground crying with scratches and bruises on his face.

                “Minnie! What happened? Who did this to you?! Are you ok?!” Minho immediately got beside Taemin and gently touched his cheek, causing Taemin to hiss in pain.

                “One of your ex-girlfriend came and said that I was the one that ruined her relationship with you, you said you would protect me!” Taemin cried as he tried to get Yoogeun to stop crying, Minho wanted to hug Taemin but was afraid that he would injure him even more.

                “Minnie, I have never been in a relationship before! You’re the first relationship I ever had! I admit that I did sleep around before, but it was always one night stands. You were the first person I was ever serious with. You have to believe me!” Minho gently lifted Taemin’s face and looked him in the eye, it was still teary and a bruise was forming on his left cheek. Minho lightly it and leaned down and placed a kiss there. Taemin closed his eyes and sniffled, he wanted to believe Minho, and he really did.

                “I believe you, Minho, but how can you explain who she was, how did she know your name?” Taemin finally got Yoogeun to stop crying, he looked at Minho and they both looked confused. It was at that moment a doctor came in and tended to Taemin’s wounds.

                “I’m terribly sorry about that, Mr. Lee. She is a patient here and she somehow got out of her room. She was admitted because she had delusions that people were taking away her boyfriend and she got violent. She found out Mr. Choi’s name and thought that he was her boyfriend so when she saw you two together, she decided to attack you” after the doctor bandaged Taemin up, he left the room and left Taemin and Minho alone. Taemin looked down and wouldn’t look at Minho, he was feeling guilty. He should’ve believed Minho in the first place.

                “I’m sorry, Minho. I should’ve believed you, it’s just that I’ve been lied to a lot that I don’t know what and who to believe anymore” Taemin pouted, he didn’t want Minho to be angry at him so when he saw Minho’s hand approaching him, he flinched and move back.

                “Minnie, I won’t hurt you. You don’t have to move back” Minho gently pulled Taemin into a hug, careful of Yoogeun between them. Taemin smiled softly as he felt Minho’s warmth around him, he was stupid to think that Minho would hit him.

                “Minnie, I’ll understand if you don’t want to tell me, but what happened to your parents? Did they have something to do about your nightmares?” Minho felt Taemin tense up so he released him and looked at Taemin. He was avoiding eye contact so Minho knew that Taemin still didn’t feel comfortable talking about it.

                “I-I don’t think I’m ready to talk about yet. Please give me some time, Minho” Minho nodded; he didn’t want to put Taemin to go through any more pain than he was already in. He picked Taemin up bridal style and placed him back on the bed; he sat down on the edge and continued to look at Taemin and Yoogeun.           

                “Does it hurt? I’m sorry I wasn’t here to protect you, if only I had to came a few minutes earlier, I would’ve been able to protect you from her” Taemin shook his head, it didn’t matter what she did to him. As long as Minho was here, he felt happy and safe. The doctor came back and said that Taemin could either decide to leave today or he could leave tomorrow since he got a few more wounds on him. Taemmin decided to leave today since he already had everything ready, Minho helped Taemin gather his stuff and helped walk Taemin out the door. Taemin suddenly stopped as he bent down and picked up the bouquet of flowers that Minho dropped.

                “Thank you, they’re beautiful” Taemin gave Minho a small smile before they walked out of the hospital.