Chapter 24

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                After Taemin and Minho came out of the room, Jonghyun had already calmed Key down enough that he only screamed at Minho for a little while, he didn’t even attack him. Minho mouthed ‘thank you’ to Jonghyun and sat down on the couch with Taemin. They were quietly watching television when Taemin suddenly screamed out, everyone jumped and Minho quickly turned to Taemin, thinking he was hurt somewhere.

                “Minnie, what’s wrong? Is your wound hurting?” Minho started to gently rub Taemin’s stomach but he shook his head. He pointed to the screen and Minho saw what he was screaming about. It was the face of the taxi driver that drove him home, and underneath the name was the word ‘serial killer’. Apparently he targets young women and would torture them and then kill them. Key decided to call the police since Minho told him that the serial killer was eyeing Taemin weirdly. A police officer came to take a statement but assured them over the phone that they had nothing to worry about since they were all boys, however, when he saw Taemin, he got worried.

                “I didn’t know you had a wife, was she the one that was targeted?” the officer asked as he started to take down notes.

                “Umm...I’m a boy” Taemin quietly said. The officer’s eyes widen, he didn’t expect a boy to be so beautiful. The officer then continued to ask what did the man do or say.

                “Well, when we were in the car, he was eyeing me the whole time, and then he said something about me looking beautiful. The scary part was when I went to pay him, he grabbed my hand and wouldn’t let go even though he knew that I was a boy. Before he left, he gave me a creepy smile and then he drove off” Taemin looked down at the floor, he was still disturbed by the smile the man gave him, Taemin’s not worried about his own safety, he just didn’t want him to harm anyone else. Minho placed his arm around Taemin’s waist and pulled him close.

                “Don’t worry, Minnie. The police are going to find him, nothing’s going to happen” Taemin nodded, but he still couldn’t shake off the feeling that something bad was going to happen. After the statements were taken down, the officer left and told them that they would inform them if they catch the serial killer. They were all worried but also confused as to why he would target Taemin.

                “Well, Taemin does look like a girl, it’s not a surprise he would mistaken him as a girl in the first place” Jonghyun said, this was not the first time someone had mistaken Taemin as a girl and tried to ask him out.

                “But when he found out that Taemin was a boy, he didn’t back down but seem to be even more interested in him! Who knows what he’s going to do!” Key didn’t want anything to happen to his baby, but he didn’t know how to protect him. Taemin knew that there was nothing they could do except to be more careful. Key decided to cook a late dinner, after all that’s happened, they were all tired and hungry. Taemin went to wake Yoogeun up and brought him downstairs; it was time for his dinner anyway. When he went upstairs, Yoogeun was still sleeping, but as Taemin got closer, he saw something clutched in his tiny little hands. Taemin walked closer and saw that it was a little slip of paper; he pulled it from Yoogeun’s fingers and read it.

                                                Your baby looks a lot like you, just as beautiful

                Taemin wanted to cry, how did he get in without them knowing? He picked up Yoogeun and looked him over, no injuries. He let out a sigh of relief; he was scared for Yoogeun’s safety more than his own, then he remembers what he had to do.

                “Umma! The killer got into our house! I found this in Yoogeunie’s hands! What should we do?!” by now both Taemin and Yoogeun was crying. All three of them looked at the scene, Taemin was trying to comfort Yoogeun but his own cries would start up again. Minho immediately went over and held Yoogeun while allowing Taemin to cry onto his shoulder.

                “How was he able to get in? Yoogeunnie was sleeping on the second floor!” Jonghyun went upstairs and saw that the windows were locked and there were no scratches indicating that there was forced entry, by the time he came downstairs, Key was already talking on the phone with the police.

                “I don’t care what you think! My baby and my grandbaby are in trouble right now! Send someone over or I will personally drive over there and kill you!!” Key slammed the phone down, causing everyone to jump. Key kissed Taemin’s forehead and went back to making his food. In about 10 minutes, a police officer arrived and he looked a bit scared.

                “Umm...so is there an incident to report?” his eyes landed on Taemin and he walked over, wanting to get a statement from him.

                “Stay where you are! He’s already stressed enough, we don’t need someone scaring him again” Key ordered as he stood in front of Taemin and shielded him from the officer.

                “So what exactly happened?” the officer asked from across the room, every time he wanted to step closer, he could feel Key’s eyes shooting lasers at him, making him stay where he was. Taemin explained everything from the beginning all the way to when he found the slip of paper in Yoogeun’s hand.

                “We’ll have to take the paper back to the lab to check for fingerprints, hopefully we’ll be able to catch this guy soon” the officer excused himself and left with the evidence. Taemin was still shaken up, if the serial killer was able to get into the house, who knows what he’s going to do next. When Key was finished making dinner, he ushered them into the dining room and placed the dish in front of them. Taemin didn’t have the appetite so he just sat there feeding Yoogeun his milk, Key and Jonghyun tried to persuade him to eat but he kept on refusing.

                “Minnie, you’ve got to eat, you can’t starve yourself. If you get sick, who’s going to take care of Yoogeunnie?” Minho tried to reason with Taemin. He saw Taemin look down at Yoogeun in his arms, he saw the look in his eyes and knew that he had won. He slowly picked up a spoon of rice and placed it on Taemin’s lip.

                “Please, Minnie? For me, for Yoogeun?” Minho pleaded; Taemin finally opened his mouth and allowed Minho to feed him. After Taemin’s plate was cleared, he went back upstairs and placed Yoogeun on his bed. He gently kissed Yoogeun’ forehead and went to check the windows, he made sure it was securely locked before leaving the room. He later when into his room and climbed into bed and cuddled with Minho, he laid his head on Minho’s chest and felt his warmth, being close to Minho always made him feel better.

                “Don’t worry, Minnie. I’m always here to protect you and our son. Nothing will happen to us” Minho kissed Taemin’s forehead before pulling the covers over their bodies and drifting off to sleep.