Chapter 33

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                Taemin limped towards a bench by the side and sat there, he tried to gently rub his ankle but the more he touched it, the more it hurt. In the end, Taemin just left it and began to wipe his tears. He hadn’t meant to hurt Minho but he had to know, now he wasn’t sure whether it was a good idea to ask or not. Taemin took out his phone and called his umma.

                “Umma, can you come me pick up? I’m going to stay at your house tonight” Taemin didn’t want to explain too much on the phone, he waited for Key to come and was surprised that he had arrived in a few minutes.

                “Baby, are you okay? Where’s Minho’s?” at the mention of Minho’s name, Taemin bursted into tears.

                “Umma, I think Minho doesn’t love me anymore. What do I do?” Taemin hugged Key and cried on his shoulder. Taemin cried himself to sleep and Key carried himself into the car, pretty soon, they reached home and he carried Taemin into his room.

                “Jonghyun, can you stay over at Minho’s house tonight? I think something happened to them, find out for me. Thanks, yeobo” Key hung up the phone and went to care for Taemin. His face was still stained with tears and he was mumbling and whining in his sleep. Key was slowly taking Taemin’s shoes and pants off when he saw Taemin’s ankle swelling and red. He gently touched it and Taemin whimpered in his sleep, after changing all of Taemin’s clothes, he went downstairs and got some ice to wrap around Taemin’s ankle.

                “Baby, what happened? You were fine before when you left umma hate to see you cry. It reminds me of when you were . I don’t want you to go through the pain you had when your parents left you again” Key kissed Taemin’s forehead and pulled the blanket over both their bodies, he pulled Taemin close and slowly fell asleep. Minho finally reached home and when he opened the door, Jonghyun was standing there.

                “What happened with Taemin? Key called and said that Taemin’s staying over there. Now you better tell me what happened to my son or I won’t hesitate to let Key kill you!” Jonghyun threateningly said.

                “I don’t want to talk about it, ask Taemin to tell you tomorrow” Minho walked upstairs and went into his bedroom. Jonghyun looked as he walked upstairs; he was not going to let this go that easily. Not when his son was being hurt right now. He ran upstairs and slammed the door open.

                “I’m not leaving until you tell me what happened. You two were so in love, what happened tonight? Did Taemin do something? Did you do something to hurt Taemin?!” Jonghyun grabbed Minho’s collar and pulled him up.

                “If someone was hurt, it’s me! Taemin would rather believe someone than trust me. He doubted me, I felt betrayed. I thought he loved me! Why would he do this to me?” Minho pushed Jonghyun away and sat down on the bed with his head in his hands.

                “Minho, after what you did to him in the past, you have to be patient with him. Can you tell me in detail of what happened?” Minho explained in full detail, thinking that Jonghyun would agree with him, but he was wrong.

                “Are you really that stupid, Minho?! Do you know why Taemin asked you that? When that bastard told Taemin that after you were done playing with her, you kicked her away, he was afraid that you would do the same to him. Didn’t we tell you that he’s very sensitive to these things? You left him once in the ball, and after what that told him, it just reinforced his fear of you leaving him! How could you not understand that?!” Jonghyun wanted to punch him but he knew that if he did, Taemin would be mad at him. Minho continued to sit on the bed, he really was stupid, and how could he forget that? It was at that moment a maid knocked on the door and said that someone had dropped off a package and said that Minho had to open it tonight or else he’ll regret it.

                “Do you know who sent it?” the maid shook her head and left the room. Minho picked up the package and opened it, inside was a recording. He looked at Jonghyun and they both gathered close as Minho pressed play.

 

                “Let me go! Minho’s going to find me and then you’re going to get hurt! Why are you doing this?!”

                “I’ve been competitors with Minho for more than 10 years already, whatever I like, and he would always steal it from me. This time, I’m going to take something precious of his, like he did to me. It’s going to be no different, after he’s done with you, he would throw you away and go on to the next target. That’s what he did to my girlfriend! He stole her away from me and then dumped her after he won her heard; I can’t believe you’re so gullible thinking that he would actually fall in love with you”

                “You’re lying, Minho loves me, and he wouldn’t do this to me! He promised that he would be with me forever and after, you’re wrong!”

                Minho’s heart broke when he heard Taemin’s cries, so Taemin had trusted him. It was that bastard of a competitor that manipulated him.

                “There’s no point on crying for him, he was a cruel, heartless bastard! I doubt he would change just for one person”

                “I know Minho loves me, he wouldn’t do this to me”

               

The recording ended and Minho stared at the recording, he didn’t know what to do. He had just left Taemin alone at the banquet hall; he was just like his heartless parents, leaving him all alone. Minho felt his heart clench when he thought back to the time he heard Taemin squeak out but he hadn’t turn back. What if Taemin had hurt himself, or what if his competitor had hurt him?! Minho got up and ran downstairs.

                “Where are you going?!” Jonghyun screamed as he ran after Minho, he instructed the maid to look after Yoogeun and if there does anything to immediately call. Jonghyun ran outside and got into the car just before Minho drove off.

                “I’m going to see Taemin, I want to tell him I love him again. I shouldn’t have left him there all by himself, he must’ve been so scared!” Minho sped through the streets and in no time, they reached Jonghyun and Key’s house. Jonghyun slowly opened the door and led Minho upstairs, they opened the door and Minho saw Taemin sleeping Key. Jonghyun walked over and gently woke Key up, as soon as his eyes open and he saw Minho, his face turn into a scowl and he dragged Minho out of the room.

                “What did you do to my baby?! He cried himself to sleep after I went to go pick him up, how could you just leave him there?! What if someone him? Would you be happy then? You didn’t even know how much pain he was in. When I saw him, he was crying and saying that you didn’t love him anymore. Then I realized that he had sprained his ankle, poor baby was hurting so much. I was so afraid that he was going to go back to when his parents left him and he came knocking on my door. He was such a little thing, I don’t want him to go back to that state again” Key wiped away his tears as he continued to glare at Minho.

                “Key, let’s give Minho and Taemin some privacy, you must be tired from taking care of Taemin all night. Let’s sleep in the guest room; I know for sure that Minho’s going to take care of our son” Jonghyun led Key into the guest room and gave Minho a thumbs up before closing the door. Minho walked into the room and saw Taemin curled up into ball. He gently got on the bed and got under the covers, slowly; he got beside Taemin and wrapped his arms around Taemin’s little body, feeling his warmth.

                “Minho...forgive...me...I...love...you” Taemin mumbled in his sleep as he turned around and unconsciously cuddled into Minho’s chest. Minho gently Taemin’s cheek and brushed his hair away from his eyes.

                “It should be me that should ask for forgiveness, you didn’t do anything wrong, Minnie” Minho pressed his lips to Taemin’s forehead and took in his scent.

                “I promise no matter what happens in the future, I’m never going to let you go again” Minho whispered as he pulled Taemin close and closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth Taemin beside him.