Chapter 52

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                The next morning, Taemin woke up and saw Minho’s back facing him; he was worried that his back might be wounded from the fall last night so he looked underneath his shirt. Minho woke up when he felt someone touching his back and tried to turn around, only to find that Taemi’s entire head was in his shirt.

                “Minnie! What are you doing?!” Taemin removed the shirt from his head and stared at Minho with watery eyes.

                “Don’t cry, I didn’t mean to yell at you” Minho Taemin’s cheek and pulled him close, one of the things he hate was seeing Taemin cry.

                “I’m not crying because you yelled at me. Minho! Why didn’t you tell me that your back got bruised?! It must hurt so much” Taemin started to cry, making Minho panic.

                “Minnie, please stop crying. It’s doesn’t hurt that much, come on” Minho wiped the tears away and allowed Taemin to bury his head in the crook of Minho’s neck. His fingers gently brushed over Minho’s back, he suddenly jumped up and went to the bathroom, leaving Minho all alone on the bed.

                “Minho! I forgot that umma brought me this cream; it’s really good for bruises. Go take a shower and I’ll rub it on your back” Minho pointed to his lips, causing Taemin to roll his eyes as he gently pecked his lips. While Minho was in the bathroom, Taemin went to check up on Yoogeun, he must’ve tired himself out since he was still sleeping. He decided for the time being to start making breakfast, by the time he was finished, Minho was already coming downstairs with Yoogeun in his arms.

                “Our lovechild saw me walking past his room and decided that he wanted to join us for breakfast too” Taemin giggled as he saw Yoogeun trying to bite Minho’s fingers, whining when he pulled his fingers out of Yoogeun’s mouth.

                “I wonder what’s wrong with him, is he finally teething?” Taemin got closer and gently opened his mouth. He inspected the gums and was surprised to see there were traces of little baby teeth peeking out.

                “Minho! Our baby is growing up so fast” Taemin picked Yoogeun up and swung him around, hearing his cute jingling giggles.

                “I think we’ll have to go shopping for some toys for Yoogeun, especially to make his teething less painful” Taemin nodded and got Yoogeun’s milk ready, he could already hold it and it adorably. After they finished eating, they decided to go to the nearest baby store and look for some toys for little Yoogeunnie to play with.

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun and Key had just gotten up and went over to Lauren’s room, she was still sleeping soundly.

                “Jongie, I want to bring Lauren shopping today. We only have pyjamas for her, she needs prettier clothes if she’s going to be our daughter” Jonghyun chuckled as he saw Key smiling at the thought of dressing up their daughter; she was really cute so there’s no problem in finding anything that wouldn’t match her. Key decided to go and wake Lauren up; she adorably rubbed her eyes and yawned.

                “Sweetie, umma and appa are going to bring you shopping. Just pick whatever you like and try on whatever you want ok?” Lauren nodded and gave Key one of her rare smiles. He wanted to scream in happiness but contained himself as to not scare her away. It was when he went downstairs that he exploded.

                “OH MY GOD!! Lauren loves me!!’ Key jumped on Jonghyun and gave him a big kiss.

                “What happened upstairs, yeobo?” His hands automatically moved to his round and started squeezing, making Key to slap his hands away.

                “Our little girl smiled at me! She was so beautiful! When she grows up, we’re going to have to protect her and fight off all the ert boys” Key said as he picked up the spatula and started cooking, he was in such a good mood that he made Jonghyun’s favourite food, not that he was complaining. Lauren came downstairs and acknowledged that Jonghyun was there by bowing slightly; he patted her head and helped her into her chair. Lauren appeared to like more Key more by the way she moved around him, she looked less distant compared to when she was with Jonghyun.

                “Come one Lauren, let’s go change into something nice and then we’ll go shopping” she immediately grabbed onto Key’s hand and hesitantly held onto Jonghyun’s, she knew that he loved her just as much but maybe it’s because he looked like a dino she was a bit shy. However, the puppy looking side of him helped a lot. After getting into the car, they drove to the mall and went straight to the children’s section.

                “Remember what I told you, sweetie? Now go” Lauren ran towards the racks and started to look through the clothes, her eyes glittering as she saw the beautiful, colourful dresses. After they had 7 dresses, 5 pair s of jeans and 7 t-shirts, they went home. Key decided to let Lauren do a little fashion show in the living room, she would wear different outfits and Key would be at the side taking pictures. Jonghyun was sitting by the side, cheering and clapping his hands every time Lauren got to his side. Then she did a very surprising thing, she ran towards him and took his hand.

                “Yeobo, she’s holding my hand! Quick, take a picture!” Jonghyun walked along Lauren and they posed before heading back to the side. Jonghyun had a huge smile on his face; he always knew patience was going to reap great rewards and this one was an incredible one indeed. 

 

A/N

Apologies for the short chapters, I have a feeling this story might finish soon. I think their adventures are going to come to an end after a little while.