Chapter 22

Truly Madly Deeply

 

When Key and Jonghyun finally arrived at the hospital, they ran to the reception desk and asked where Lee Taemin and Choi Minho were.

                “Lee Taemin just required a minor surgery so he’s already in his room, however, Choi Minho is still in critical condition so you’ll have to wait for the doctor’s to finish” Key and Jonghyun quickly went to Taemin’s room and saw him still sleeping, the anaesthetic still haven’t worn off so all they could do was wait in the room. After an hour or so, the doctor came into the room and told Key and Jonghyun the results.

                “Choi Minho was lucky, the knife didn’t damage any organs or bones, he just need to refrain from any large movements for 2 weeks to allow the wound to heal. Lee Taemin’s wound is minor so after a day or two, he should be fine. Just tell him to be careful of his wound and not hit it against anything” the doctor explained, Key and Jonghyun were relieved.

                “What’s going to happen to the girl that attacked them? Did she have any mental illness?” the doctor nodded, apparently her sister had the same illness so she was already admitted to the hospital. The waitress was a bit less severe so they thought medication would be able to control her, but sadly it went out of control and her delusions took over her. (Sound similar?)

Key placed Yoogeun on the bed beside Taemin so they could be together. Key placed Yoogeun on Taemin’s bed and laid him beside Taemin’s body. They looked so adorable together, after a few minutes; Minho was wheeled in and was transferred to the bed beside Taemin. After the nurses left, Key and Jonghyun pushed their beds together and placed Yoogeun in the middle.

                “The perfect family, aren’t they?” Key sighed; it was just too adorable seeing their baby and their grandbaby like that. Key and Jonghyun decided to leave them for now since Taemin was going to wake up soon so they could take care of Yoogeun. Besides, Taemin loves Yoogeun so much, it might be even worse not having him by his side. About 10 minutes after they left, another woman came inside the room and sat down beside Taemin. She continued to sit there until Taemin woke up and opened his eyes.

                “You’re awake, Taemin. How are you feeling?” Taemin turned and saw that it was Minho’s umma. Taemin’s eyes start watering; he was scared that she was going to be angry at him for hurting her son.

                “Taemin! Why are you crying? You must be thinking that I’m going yell at you” she gently wiped the tears away and held Taemin’s hand.

                “Mrs. Choi, I’m sorry, I didn’t think this would happen. I already tried to avoid her, but it didn’t work” Taemin continued to cry while Mrs. Choi continued to wipe the tears away.

                “It’s not your fault Taemin, it’s the girl who had problems of her own. It had nothing to do with you. Besides, I have never seen Minho protect someone so much before. You’re very important to him, I see that he has proposed to you, that mean we’re family now” Mrs. Choi said as softly brushed Taemin’s eyes away from his eyes.

                “Minho is lucky to have you as an umma, Mrs. Choi. I noticed the change too, but I’ll love him no matter how he is, he’s still my Minho” Taemin stared tenderly at Minho beside him, Minho’s umma saw the look that Taemin had in his eyes and knew that her son was in good hands.

                “Taemin, call me Choi umma from now. Mrs. Choi sounds too strange since you’re practically my son now” Mrs. Choi smiled as she leaned forward and placed a kiss on Taemin’s forehead. She stood up and said that she needed to get back to the company, she went to Minho’s side, placed a kiss on his forehead, and then she softly Yoogeun’s cheek before she left. Taemin looked over at Minho and slowly, he reached over and grabbed Minho’s hand. Taemin gently and slowly his side so he could keep an eye on Yoogeun and Minho at the same time. Even though there was a dull pain, he ignored it and continued to stare at the two of them.

                “I love you, Minho. I tried my best, I backed away from her so I wouldn’t get into a fight with her, but in the end, you got hurt. It’s my fault; I was scared that if I got into another fight, you would leave me. I don’t know what to do anymore, Minho” Taemin gripped Minho’s hand as he started to cry. He heard cooing and saw Yoogeun had rolled onto his side, facing him.

                “Are you trying to cheer me up, Yoogeunnie? Don’t worry, umma’s okay. Umma will be strong for you” Taemin lightly Yoogeun’s cheek before looking back at Minho and saw that his eyes were open. Taemin squeaked and tried to pull his hand back but Minho had a firm grip on it.

                “Minnie, it’s not your fault. You didn’t know this was going to happen. I heard everything that you said. From now on, I just want you to be Lee Taemin, don’t have to hold yourself back. You are who I fell in love with; I love everything about you, Minnie. I love you” Minho said as he entwined his fingers with Taemin’s and gripped it tightly. They silently looked at each other until they heard light breathing noises coming from between them; they looked down and saw Yoogeun sleeping. Taemin giggled at the sight and Minho felt his heart beat faster; he could never get tired of the sound of his angel laughing.

Pretty soon, all three of them were asleep and everyone that came in couldn’t help but feel their hearts melt at the sight of the happy family. After a few hours, Key and Jonghyun came back to bring Yoogeun home, Taemin was sad that he had to go, but Minho assured him that nothing will happen to their baby.  

“Don’t worry baby, we’ll take good care of Yoogeunnie, he is my grandbaby after all. I’ll bring him home so there’s Mrs. Choi looking after him too” Key and Jonghyun carried the sleeping Yoogeun home. A few hours after Key and Jonghyun left, the doctor came in and told them that Taemin’s wound was almost healed so he could go home but he needs to be careful of it. As for Minho’s wound, he could go home, but he can’t do anything active for a few more days.

“Minnie, call the driver and ask him to come pick us up. I can’t wait to go home!” Minho sounded happy.

“Does that mean that you didn’t like it when I cuddled with you on the hospital bed? You wanted to leave so badly?” Taemin pouted and tried to make his eyes watery but they weren’t coming so he hid his face in his hands.

“Minnie! I don’t mean that, it’s just that being stuck in the hospital couldn’t compare to being home and cuddling with you on our own bed!” Minho tried to explain, he finally realized that he was being tricked when he heard giggles coming from Taemin’s covered face. He pulled Taemin’s hands away and held them by his side.

“This calls for punishment, how you dare trick your husband” Minho sat Taemin down on the bed and sat beside him. He cupped Taemin’s cheek and slowly placed his lips on Taemin’s. Minho backed away and saw that Taemin’s face was red; Minho pinched it and laughed when he saw Taemin pouting.

You’re just too adorable, Minnie” Minho chuckled as he Taemin’s red cheeks. Taemin grabbed his hand and held it.

“Only to you” Taemin whispered as he leaned in and pressed his lips to Minho’s.

 

A/N

I was listening to this song called “Yours alone” by William Wilkerson and Valerie Miller while typing this chapter. If you ever have a chance, watch “Heartless the story of the tin man”, it’s a short film and it’s just so amazing.