Chapter 14

Truly Madly Deeply

 

A/N

Sorry, accidentally named the previous Chapter 13 as 14, this one is the actual Chapter 14 

 

Minho went back to his room and sat down at the bed; he thought about Taemin and smiled at himself. He finally realized that he loves Taemin and he was glad to get that off his chest. He was about to go to sleep when he heard someone knock on his door, he opened the door and saw Taemin standing there.

“Minnie, are you feeling okay? You went to your room without finishing dinner” Taemin didn’t say anything; he just directed Minho to the bed and sat him down. Taemin sat down beside him and looked down. Minho looked at Taemin and when he got to his hands, he realized that Taemin wasn’t wearing his ring. Minho felt his heart break, was he too late and Taemin had given up on him?    

“Minho, I don’t know how to tell you this, I’ve kept it in my heart for a long time. When I first met you, I really thought you were a jerk. When you told me to abort the baby, I hated you. When you told me that you would help me create new and happy memories, I was grateful. When you said those words to me at the park, I was heartbroken. When you proposed to me, I really didn’t know what to say, but when I knocked on your door, I knew that I was in love. Even though you say you love me, I still feel like I can’t feel the love you have for me. I know it was Key umma that told you what to do; it doesn’t seem like your style. Please just give us some more time, I’m not ready” Taemin placed the ring in Minho’s hand and left the room. Minho stared at Taemin’s back and felt the first tear drop; it was his first time crying for someone else. He never knew how much Taemin meant to him until he had lost him.

The next day, both of them woke up and pretended that nothing had happened the night before. When Minho’s umma walked into the dining room, she knew that something was wrong; there was some unknown tension in the room.

“Good morning, are you feeling unwell, Taemin?” she sat down and ate her breakfast as she stared at Taemin. He shook his head and said that everything was fine. Minho’s umma knew about the incident at the park after what Minho had told her and just assumed that it had something to do with that. She soon left for work and told Minho that there was an emergency meeting about the company that he had to attend, but Minho didn’t want to leave Taemin and Yoogeun alone.

“Don’t worry, Minho. I’ll go over to umma and appa’s house; they’ll take care of us until you’re done with your meeting. Just come pick us up when you’re finished” Minho nodded, one thing that he liked about Taemin was how understanding he was. Minho left for the company with his umma while Taemin  decided to take the taxi with Yoogeun to Key’s house, they arrived shortly and Key pulled Taemin into a strong hug after opening the door.

“Baby!! So nice of you to visit your umma and appa! Come in; let us see our son and our grandson!” Taemin brought Yoogeun in and was about to close the door when he realized that he left Yoogeun’s pacifier in the taxi, he ran back outside. Just when he got the pacifier, he walked back to the house, but just as he got close to the door, he felt a pair of hands grab him and a cloth placed over his nose and mouth. Taemin tried to struggle but he felt himself weakening, just before he passed out, he dropped the pacifier he was holding and passed out.

Inside the house, Yoogeun was crying nonstop, Key tried to get him to calm down but nothing was working, Jonghyun went outside to look for Taemin but found that he had disappeared.

“Yeobo! Taemin disappeared! He’s nowhere in sight and all I found was this pacifier on the ground!” Jonghyun ran into the room and gave the pacifier to Key who washed it and placed it in Yoogeun’s mouth, it was then that he stopped crying. After a few seconds, Key heard Taemin’s phone go off, he opened the phone and saw a message from an unknown number.

Do not call the police if you want to see him alive. If you want someone to blame, try asking your baby’s husband. More information will be sent to you, follow them if you want to see your baby alive

That was all that was stated in the message. Key immediately called Minho with Taemin’s phone.

“Hello, Minnie? I’m in a meeting, I’ll call you back later” before Key could say anything, Minho had already hung up, he tried calling but Minho had already turned off his phone. Key placed Yoogeun in the car seat and went outside.

“Yeobo, where are you going?!” Jonghyun ran out with his car keys in his hands.

“We’re going to Minho’s company! He dare hang up and turn off his phone; I’m going to give him hell. DRIVE!” Key screamed, making Jonghyun immediately drive to Minho’s car following the speed limit since they had a baby in the car. As soon as they arrived in the company, everyone stared at Key sinec it wasn’t every day that you see a feline screaming at everyone to get out of his way with a baby in his arms and a dino running after him. The secretary tried to stop him but she was no match for an angry umma.

“If you know what’s best for you, don’t even think about trying to stop me! Lay one hand on me and you’ll wish you’ve never been born. I’ll make your life a living hell!” the poor girl stepped back in fear and allow Key through. He slammed the door open and saw Minho’s umm and Minho himself sitting at the round table, having a meeting.

“Kibum? What are you doing here? Where’s Taemin?” Key handed Yoogeun to Minho’s umma and turned towards Minho.

“How DARE you hang up on me?! No one EVER hangs up on me!” Key wanted to strangle Minho but Jonghyun held him back, it took all of his strength to make sure that Minho didn’t die today.

“Are you here to only make a fuss about me hanging up on you? Why were you even calling on Minnie’s phone? Where is he?” Minho looked around and it was at that moment that Key broke free of Jonghyun’s hold and slapped Minho.

“It’s your entire fault! Taemin was kidnapped and went missing all because of you! Read the message!” Key didn’t care that everyone was staring at him; all he cared about was his baby’s safety. Minho read the message and he knew who was behind this.

“Umma, do you know the man that we fired because of his way at the park? He has Taemin because of the incident. We have to get him back!” Just then the phone in Minho’s hand vibrated, he opened the message and it was instructions on what to do next.

I see that Mr. Choi has seen the message. Consider this a ransom. Prepare $5 Million and bring it to the (location) before 5:00. Come alone, if I see anyone else; prepare a funeral for your ‘Minnie’

Minho showed his umma the message and she immediately made the phone calls, there was still 4 hours before 5:00. Minho can get the money by 4:30, just in time to arrive at the specific location. Minho ended the meeting so they could carefully create a plan. Key had decided that even though they’re not allowed to accompany Minho, they’re going to be in the nearby area, ready to be backups just in case something happens.

“Are you sure about going alone, Minho? What if something happens? We don’t want to lose both of you” Jonghyun to convince Minho to let him go with him.

“You know I can’t hyung. If that man sees someone else, he’s going to kill Taemin! I can’t allow that! I promised Taemin that I would protect him and I intend to keep that promise by bringing him back safely” Minho wasn’t going to change his mind. He picked up Yoogeun and held him close, Yoogeun was still sleeping but when Minho picked him u, he grabbed onto Minho’s shirt as if not wanting him to leave.

“Don’t worry, Yoogeunnie, appa will bring umma back safely” Minho gently kissed Yoogeun’s forehead and placed him back in the car seat. Minho will make sure that nothing will happen to him or Taemin, Yoogeun still need his parents. Very soon, the money was ready and Minho was preparing to go to the location to do the switch. Key, who still didn’t like Minho very much, pulled him into a hug and told him to be careful.

“I need the both of you to come back” Minho promised and gently hugged him back. Jonghyun gave Minho a brief hug and patted his back.

“I know he said only you can appear, but both Key and I will be nearby, out of sight, but close enough to come help if it’s needed” Minho wanted to oppose to this, but after seeing Key’s death glare, he silently agreed. They drove two different cars and headed towards the location, after 20 minutes of driving, they arrived at some abandoned warehouse. Jonghyun carefully parked behind some trees and kept an eye out for Minho, he saw Minho get out of the car and walk towards the warehouse, and now all they can do is wait.

Minho stepped into the warehouse and it was all dark, he called out hoping he can quickly finish the switch and save Taemin before anything happens. Suddenly, all the lights turn on, blinding Minho for a few seconds, he blinked and he gasped at the sight in front of him. Taemin was tied and gagged to a chair in the middle of the room. He looked so tired and scared, it broke Minho’s heart.

“I’m here, now let Taemin go!” suddenly something was thrown in his direction. Minho picked it up; it was a cuff and a remote.

“Put on the cuff and let the game begin!” Minho slipped the cuff on his wrist and held the remote, suddenly an electric shock surged through him, and Minho fall the ground.

“If it’s too much, you can press the button on the remote; it may lessen or even increase your pain” Minho looked at the remote, it was simple remote with a button on it. He pressed it and was relieved that the pain had gone away. All of a sudden, he heard a muffled scream, Minho looked up and saw Taemin writhing in pain, and he saw that Taemin also had a cuff on him.

“As I said, it may lessen your pain, but it’s going to increase your Minnie’s. What are you going to do? Everyone is selfish, they are willing to save themselves and sacrifice others. I just want to see how much you love your husband!” the electric shock stopped and Taemin went limp. Minho could see that he was still breathing and tears were dripping down his face. Minho stood up and looked around; he couldn’t see his former employee anywhere and was getting angry.

“You’re a coward! You can’t even face me and you resort to using these petty tricks to brak us apart. It’s not going to happen! You hear me?! It’s not!” Minho heard a sound and looked behind Taemin, his former employee stepped in with a smirk on his face.

“I’m not a coward! You know how hard I worked to where I was in the company?! You took everything from me! My wife left me and took our kids with her! She said that I was useless and there was no point in staying with her. Just wait until I get the $5 Million, she’s going to come back!” the man laughed manically, making Taemin feel chills down his back. The man took off Taemin’s gag and allowed him to talk.

“Say your last words to your husband, I’ll allow you to have one minute alone time” the man stepped back.

“Minho, whatever you do, don’t press the button! He’s just playing us, either way; both of us are going to die! Someone needs to take care of Yoogeunnie. Please take care of him!” Taemin cried, one person dying is better than two, and Taemin would rather it be himself.

“What are you talking about Minnie? I promised that I would protect you. I won’t leave you!” Minho threw the remote away and stood his grounds, he was not going to leave Taemin by himself.

“How touching, you’re minute is up” the man pressed a button and the electric shock went through Minho’s body, bringing him down to his knees. Taemin was screaming at him to get back the remote. Minho slowly looked up and saw Taemin’s crying face.

“D-don’t cry, Minnie. Y-you know I d-don’t like seeing you c-cry” Minho struggled to speak, the pain was too much for him to handle but he would hold on for Taemin. The man was starting to get angry, the plan wasn’t going the way he wanted it to; he had no choice but to use extreme measures. The man pressed the button and it activated Taemin’s cuff. Taemin’s scream rang out now that the gag was gone; he writhed in pain and was crying for Minho.

“What are you doing?! I thought you were only to punish me! Let my husband go!” Minho struggled to get up as he tried to reach for Taemin who had his eyes closed, trying to deal with the pain. Minho finally got to Taemin’s side and took his hand; both of them were in pain as they gripped each other’s hands.

“You didn’t listen to me, you didn’t follow my plan. Now all I can do is kill you both, either way, I’m going to get my money!” the man threw the remote down and ran away with the money. Minho was in so much pain but he untied the ropes on Taemin’s wrist. Taemin wanted to get out of the chair but his legs failed him, and Minho caught him just before he landed on the ground. Both of them lied side by side, trying to deal with pain.

“Is this how we d-die, Minho? No one’s going to t-take care of Yoogeunnie” Taemin cried, maybe it was his body getting use to the pain, but it seems to lessen and he started to feel tired and darkness was getting closer.

“I love you, Minho. Please don’t leave me alone” Taemin whispered before he passed out from the pain. Minho nodded as he held tight onto Taemin’s hand and wrapped his arm around Taemins’ waist.

“I love you too, and I promise, Minnie” Minho soon passed out, but not before he heard sirens.