Chapter 30

Truly Madly Deeply

 

                Taemin was soon woken up by the cries of their son as turned around and looked at the clock; it was already 6:30, Taemin jumped out of bed, pulled on pants and shirt and went to Yoogeun’s room.

                “I’m so sorry, Yoogeunnie. You must be so hungry right now, umma didn’t mean to” Taemin cooed as he went downstairs and went to prepare Yoogeun’s milk. Yoogeun had stopped crying, almost as if he knew that Taemin was making his dinner for him right now. Taemin just realized that Yoogeun was almost reaching 3 months old right now. He looked down and saw him on his milk with a content look on his face; Taemin couldn’t help but giggle at that. He then heard someone come down the stairs and knew that it was Minho.

                “Minho, I didn’t have time to make dinner yet, I’ll start making it after I feed Yoogeun” Minho bent down and placed a kiss on Taemin’s lips and said that he’ll make dinner instead.

                “Really?! The last time I tried your cooking was when you tried to propose to me! Are you sure you can handle it?” Taemin giggled as he saw Minho pout at his doubt towards him.

                “Of course Minnie, after that hell’s training from your umma, how can I ever forget it?” Minho got the pots and pan ready and started cooking. Taemin watched from behind, it’s not that he didn’t trust Minho, but seeing that body move from the back was just too tempting to ignore. It was almost as if Minho could feel the eyes boring into his back, he turned around and winked at Taemin as he the sauce from his fingers, teasing him. Taemin giggled, it was rare to see Minho act like that. By the time Minho was done cooking dinner, Yoogeun had just finished his milk and was cuddling in Taemin’s arms, gripping his shirt for his dear life.

                “Minnie, do you want to go somewhere after dinner? It’s been a while since we’ve had any dates, and this time we can go as a family of three. I was thinking of going down to the lake, it’s nice out today so a bit of fresh air would be good” Taemin nodded, he just had to change Yoogeun’s clothes and take a shower since his little fun with Minho, he was still a bit sticky down there. After an hour or so, they were able to leave the house. When they arrived at the lake, there were already quite a lot of people. They had to stroll down quite a bit in order to find an empty bench, Taemin sat down and unstrapped Yoogeun and placed him on his lap.

                “Minho, can you believe that Yoogeun is almost 3 months old now?! I can’t wait until he learns to talk and walk and run around” Taemin started to tear up; he didn’t want his baby to leave him so soon. Minho wrapped his arm around Taemin and pulled him close; he didn’t like seeing his Minnie cry. Just then, Taemin heard the ice cream truck nearby.

                “Minho, I want ice cream!” Taemin quickly went from teary to adorable aegyo.                

                “I’ll be right back, stay here and wait for me” Taemin nodded and he his lips, he couldn’t wait for the ice cream. When Minho left, a woman and her baby was walking past when she told Taemin how cute Yoogeun was.

                “He’s such a pretty and adorable baby, he must take after you. You must be a proud umma” Taemin giggled and thanked her.

                “My husband just went to get ice cream. Your baby is really adorable too, how old is she?” Taemin smiled and waved at the baby who shyly looked at Taemin and then hid her face in her umma’s arm.           

                “Oh, she just turned 6 monthes, my husband is still working so I decided to take her out for a walk. How rude of me, I didn’t even introduce myself. I’m Lee Yejin, and may I know what your name is?” Taemin was nervous, what if she didn’t accept Taemin for who he was.

                “M-my name is Lee T-Taemin” Taemin waited for the outburst of disgust and cruel words but they never came.

                “Oh! You’re a boy! Did you adopt Yoogeun then? My husband works as a doctor and he said there were a few rare cases of male pregnancies, would you be one of those cases?” Taemin nodded, he was so happy that she was so understanding and accepting. However, it wasn’t all like that for everyone that he met. Lee Yejin’s friend showed up with her baby and she sat on Taemin’s other side.

                “Hey, Yejin. Who’s this little cutie sitting here? Aren’t you a bit too young to be having a baby? Girls these days are such s, sleeping everywhere” Yejin was about to speak up but Taemin stopped her. 

                “Actually, I’m a boy and why does it matter to you how old I am? As long as I love my baby, then I don’t see anything wrong about that” Taemin smiled as Yoogeun began to play with his fingers with a smile on his face. Yoogeun’s smile was able to make everything better.

                “Oh my god! You’re a boy? Where’s your wife? Such an irresponsible umma, leaving the appa to take care of their baby” even though she was Yejin’s friend, she couldn’t take it anymore.

                “Actually, Taemin here is the umma, he gave birth to Yoogeun and his husband just left for a few minutes. Why do you have to be so judgemental all the time? I think it’s perfectly normal as long as both parents love their children” Taemin smiled at her; there weren’t many people that would stick up for him so he felt grateful.

                “I’m your friend Yejin! How could you take his side when I’ve known you for more than a year?!” the woman was clearly upset but Taemin could tell that she was scared of Yejin and it appeared as if Yejin was tired of her kissing up to her”

                “I don’t think noona wants to talk to you anymore, so if you could please leave, you’re scaring my baby” Taemin held Yoogeun closer who was starting to whine and his eyes got teary. The woman scoffed and left, leaving Taemin and Yejin alone.

                “I hope you dont’ mind me calling you noona, since you are a bit older than me. I wouldnt’ want to appear disrespectful” Yejin shook her head, she was glad to be able to meet a new friend since she just lost one.

                “Of course I don’t mind. If you don’t mind, I’ll call you Taeminnie, it’s an adorable name for an adorable boy” Yejin smiled and left Taemin her contact number and then left. After a few minutes, Minho came back with two ice creams.

                “Sorry Minnie, the line was long so it took me a while. Were you bored?” Taemin shook his head.

                “I met a new friend and she gave me her number! She has a 6 months old daughter and she was just adorable” Minho was worried, did she know that Taemin was a boy? People tend to misunderstand since Taemin was so pretty and femininie.

                “I know what you’re worried about Minho; she’s perfectly fine with me being a boy. She even stood up for me when her friend bullied me. She’s a nice person, no need to worry Minho” Taemin giggled as he got the ice cream from Minho and it. He didn’t even know that he was eating quite messily until he heard Minho’s chuckle.

                “What’s wrong?” Minho leaned in and kissed away the remains of the ice cream from the corner and the top of Taemin’s lips. It was at that moment, they heard a small giggle.