39

It All Begins With A Choice

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Oh, Lay gege.” Minyoung looked at him. Lay grinned at her then he stood up from his seat.

“Why are you out here? Its already late.” He said.

“I cant sleep, you?”

“Same here.” He nodded. Minyoung nodded.

“Mei, don’t be like this.”

Minyoung looked at him questioningly.

“Kris ge, he…waited for you. He was afraid that….he would lose you that’s why he never said anything.”

“Ge~”

“I’m not telling you that you should accept him, but don’t avoid him.”

“I’m not~”

“Deny all you want, we grew up together, I know you well, even better than that Kai.”

Minyoung chuckled.

“But….is there really no chance? Between you and Kris ge?”

Minyoung looked away, then she sighed.

“I don’t know ge…its…just…..”

“I understand, but don’t shut him out, mei, please.”

 

“I cant believe your mom is doing this.” Minyoung spoke through her teeth as Myungsoo’s mom made them pose for the camera. The graduation ceremony was already done and they were just taking photos at the school’s gardens.

“All done! I’m so proud of you two!” Mrs. Kim smiled and hugged Minyoung.

“Thanks, auntie.” Minyoung smiled back then she looked at L.

“You too, thank you, for being with me for four years in hell.” She chuckled and hugged him.

“Correction, we went to middle school and high school together together, it should be more than ten years~”

“I know, I know.”

Myungsoo smiled and hugged her back.

“Mei mei!”

Minyoung sighed. L watched as some of his female batchmates ogle over the four guys who were walking to them.

“I’ll go ahead, I’ll see you next week.” Myungsoo smiled and patted her cheek, then he left.

“I thought we talked about this, we meet at the hotel~OOF!”

Tao was hugging her. Bear hug from a panda.

“Congratulaaaations!”

Junhee chuckled.

“Xie xie ni, ge. You can put me down now.” She chuckled. Then Luhan walked to her.

“Here, wear this.” He said as he opened a box and it revealed a necklace with a  star pendant.

“This is not a throwing star, arasso?” He chuckled as he placed it around her.

“Congratulations, mei.” He smiled, Minyoung hugged him.

“Hey, hey, it’s my turn!” Lay made a face.

“Actually, my present is at home, but….Kris ge wants me to give this to you.”

“He’s not here?” Minyoung blinked.

“He was, but something came up in the office, but..this.” Lay placed a key on her palm.

“Key?”

 

 

Everyone was talking while eating. It was just a simple gathering, Agung, Minyoung’s mother, Junhee, Kai and the four men who grew up and protected Minyoung all the years.

But, one of them wasn’t around. Minyoung bit her lip as she looked at the empty seat beside Tao.

“He’s outside.” Lay said to her.

Minyoung nodded and she stood up.

Kai looked up from his seat and he smiled.

“Eomma, I think we should tell them.” He said to his mother.

“Are you sure, but Minyoung left, how could you leave her out?” Minkyung asked. Mingfan looked at them.

“Actually, I came back here to invite you to my wedding.” Kai smiled.

 

++++++++++++++++