Wonderful (?) Baby Memories

J and the Ogre Princess

 

Chae Rin skipped a little as she and Seunghyun walked down the road to school. The memory of Jiyong's smile that morning kept flashing in her head. 
 
Seunghyun just held on to his backpack, shaking his head a little. 'Another day', he thought. 'I survived without getting hit. Thank you, God.' 
 
He watched his childhood friend skip away happily and smiled. Ever since he could remember, they had always been together. Even as toddlers. He remembered cringing at the pictures his eomma showed him when they were kids. There was one where little baby Chae Rin held a red lipstick in her hand and beside her was his much abused self with almost unrecognizable features. If he remembered correctly, the picture showed his lips to be somewhere on his forehead while lines of red were seen all accross his face and skin. There was also a big blot of powder that turned his short baby hair into a grey one, making him look impeccably like an ahjushi, baby version. 
 
He shuddered at the memory and continued to walk. 
 
"Stop skipping. You're going to destroy the ground every time you fall. I can already see it coming, you know?" he exclaimed, then stretched out his hands and waved over an imaginary line. "Headlines tomorrow: Unknown Earthquake Cracked the Ground Beneath Our Feet. And only I would know that it was no earthquake but you." he grinned at her cheekily before running ahead. He couldn't help himself. Annoying her was always the best way to start his day. 
 
Her eyebrows crossed menacingly as she glared at her childhood friend, classmate AND seat mate. She huffed before abruptly turning around and walking faster . She reasoned to herself that God must have hated her during her previous life or done something irrevocably horrible that she now was being punished by being stuck in this forsaken body and with the most annoying person in the world. She decided that she was just goingto ignore him for today. 
 
"Aw, you're no fun. Where's the shouting? The screaming? The music to my ears?" Seungri continued to nag the little girl as he ran around her, occasionally poking her head. 
 
No. She said to herself. Just ignore him. And remember this morning's happening... And just like that, she smiled and started to giggle to herself as she recalled jiyong's smile. The way his eye crinkled with delight when she smacked his little brother senseless would be forever engraved in Chae Rin's head. It had to be added to her Jiyong Memory Notebook aka her Diary. It also happened to be her Wedding and Future Planner where she had plotted ideas of how she and Jiyong would live happily ever after. Of course, that came after her first world tour and a million fanboys. 
 
Sighing dreamily, Chae Rin was lost to her own world when she was suddenly brought back by squeals of laughter by a group of girls in front. Looking around, she found the ridiculous reason for the forsaken noise so early in the morning - Park Jaebeom. 
 
Chae Rin eyed him sourly. She didn't like the man. They were only 13 and he already acted like he owned the school. Frankly, she didn't understand what was so special about the kid. He was just..
 
"A scrawny little rat," she mumbled before calling out to Seunghyun. "Palli! I want to get to school early."
 
"Chill, little girl. Can't you see, my fans are here?" he pointed grandly at Jaebeom's fangirls, acting as if they were his. Chae Rin simply rolled her eyes and smiled. Ridiculous Ri. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seunghyun took a look at their history teacher before letting out an inaudible groan. The old man continued to read off the textbook, his voice never leaving the same tone it had almost half an hour ago. The boredom was driving him nuts. He glanced at Chae Rin who was now doodling his hyung's name all over her notebook. He shook his head with disbelief. Girls, he thought, were all crazy. Simply crazy! Not one of them was sane. But then again, he thought the same thing for the rest of the world. Frankly enough, he thought he was the only normal human being left in the place. Oh, how very wrong he was. 
 
Chae Rin noticed her friend looking at her and sent a glare to his direction. She quickly shuffled her arm and blocked her precious notebook from prying eyes as she continued to write....
 
 
Today, he smiled when i smacked seung ri in the head. I couldnt believe it! I just hope he got to see my 'good side'. 45 degree angle with my face tilted to the right would be good. But wait...! What if it was the 'bad' side?! Aish. Lee Chae Rin! You need to try harder. If only Seunghyun was shorter than you... Hul! Whatever. The most important thing is that he smiled. And only for you. You have a chance! Now... What should you give him on his birthday? Its two weeks from now! Think Chae Rin, think!
 
The girl paused from writing, and tapped her pen lightly on her chin. What SHOULD she make him this year?
 
"Lee Chae Rin, you seem to be thinking hard." she jumped a little when she heard their teacher's voice directed at her
 
"A-ah. Yes, sonsaengnim."
 
"Now, tell me, what do you think?"
 
She groaned inwardly. This was precisely why she hated this man. Apart from being monotone, their professor simply couldnt get it through to his head that asking questions such as the one she was asked before could have an infinite amount of answers. For example, it could have been applied to Jiyong, where as she would happily gush out all known facts about the said person, his birthday, age, height, favorite food, mannerisms, etc. or it could be about the snotty little Miss Proper, Hyunah  who seemed to have made it her life's goal to humiliate Chae Rin in front of everyone, particularly Jaebeom (not that Chae Rin cared. She couldnt give a frog's poop about the guy). Where, in turn, Chae Rin would have to truthfully admit that she thought the girl to be dim-witted and lacked sense - and that meant every kind of sense. Chae Rin would then have to rant about what she thought of Hyuna's humour (and how it quite resembled the liveliness of an  old bag's crinkled cheeks as she munched on her porch, cursing at innocent passer-bys for no rational reason) or how her fashion was so out of the decade (try a century!). Now, Chae Rin wouldnt normally think that horribly about everyone else, not unless theyève made it their sole goal to make her life a living hell. 
 
She opened to attempt the answer, quickly racking her brain about her readings last night. She knew everything that the man would say for the day and the rest of the week, but sadly, not the exact topic of the question she needed to answer now. 
 
She took a wild guess and sputtered out loud, "I think that the Japanese invasion of Korea served a purpose, though completely wrong. They opened our horizons to that of the West, which started the modernization of our society yet imprisoning and turning our citizens to slavery was completely inhuman - though not uncommon?" she raised her eyebrow and prayed to god that what she said was right or at least sounded right. 
 
The man looked at her with a surprised expression. Chae Rin's heart, on the other hand  was anticipating, as her face held the expression of worry. 
 
Tic
 
Toc
 
Tic
 
Toc
 
Tic
 
Five whole seconds passed before the man showed any sign of movement. It was driving her mad! Had that man been Seunghyun, she would have hurled her black Hello Kitty bag at his face along with many intricately woven words that fit his persona. Sadly, Chae Rin wasn't that kind of person. No matter how violent it could get in her head (and believe me, it really could), she would never do something as bad as that... Maybe. 
 
The man briefly shook his head then turned back into his book, as if surprised he even stopped. Not even glancing at the student he just prosed a question on, he continued with his droning voice and lulled the class to sleep once more.  
 
Chae Rin opened in disbelief, her eyes forming into hate-filled slits when she heard a snicker beside her. Still shaking her head with anger, she turned to see a now non-sleepy Seunghyun by her side, her best friend holding his stomach as he shook with uncontrollable laughter. He didn't even bother to hide his glee at her face. He was just happy that the class had now turned "un-boring" and that he had something new to poke fun off. Mr Henney - the expressionless wizard (or at least that was what he had always thought since the man resembled Mr. Binns in all honesty) who loses his train of thought as fast as Mr. Kwon runs out of cheesy pick up lines. 
 
Chae Rin covered her face with the palm of her hands as she tried to calm herself down. No, she shouldnt bother with Ridiculous Ri or the teacher. She needed to get her head back on track. Jiyong's gift. And now that the immediate problem had been dealt with, she, once again, pored her head ln her notebook to jot down list of ideas. 
 
 
Unknowingly to the two friends and unlike the majority of his classmates, Jaebeom shook his head in silent laughter at the scene. Cute little Chae Rin - his future princess. She was truly one of a kind, he thought. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AUTHORSNOTES:
omo. 27 subs! The power of Ririn. Lol but seriously. Ririn is jjang ((as long as it doesn't involve daragon ending ._. AND JAYRIN OMG Jay park is such a dork! But guys, how is my attempt on comedy? Most of you have read my past stories and I'd really appreciateit if you guys tell me what y'all think. ^^)) but guys, keep in mind that I'm a big Jiline and Skydragon shipper ;)