The Corn Goddess and her Minion

J and the Ogre Princess

 

Jaebeom shook his head, the handheld video game paused in his hand. He couldn't get the image of her blushing face out of his mind. This wasn't right. There wasn't supposed to be someone else! 
 
It was as if the closer he got, the further she got in actuality. He hated the one step forward, two step backward method. 
 
He needed to find out who this man was. But how could he?
 
He sighed, letting out the air from his lips, blowing up towards his hair. Aaack! He scratched his head furiously, desperate. He was not made to think for too long. This whole planning thing wasn't on his expertise... But it was...
 
 
Jaebeom jumped off his bed and ran out of his room. 
 
"Noona! Noona! Bom noona!" He screamed throughout the whole house, his head turning left and right to search for the ridiculously irresponsible woman who raised him. 
 
"Are you eating corn again? Where the hell are you? If I so much see a corn in your hand, I am going to pluck each kernel off the cob and burn it to ashes with you watching and tied up to a chair. I am going to kill all of your beloved corn!" He screamed on the top of his lungs and closed his eyes. Damn it! Where was she? 
 
He went to look for the kitchen and found it empty. The laundry room. Empty. Garage. Empty... Where was s.....
 
*OOMF* the sound of a pillow hitting a person's face echoed across the living room. 
 
Oomf. 
 
Oomf. 
 
"How -oomf- dare -oomf- YOU -oomf- threaten -oomf- MY -oomf- CORN?!!? -smack on the head-" repeated hits were received by Jaebeom from his attacker. She was none other than the noona who had watched her afternoon dramas and in return, let him get fat as a child. At her age of 29, she still looked like that when she was a teenager. After starting to work for his family at the age of 16, 
 
Park Bom was the only woman that Jaebeom grew up to. All he knew about girls and acting cool came from her and her teenage dramas. He'd never have had an inkling on how to act around people without her. Because Bom, armed with the knowledge of dramas, was like a god - a romance, sappy, corn-freak goddess. And Jaebeom was her willing servant - only, of course, when he needed something, which was now. 
 
"Noona! Okay! Okay! I got it!" He sighed, annoyed. Twice had his image ben destroyed. In ONE FRIGGING DAY. The first one he didn't mind because it was from the hands of his "future princess", but this one was uncalled for. What kind of person gets psychotic over corn threats?
 
Huffing, Bom glared at the kid, her hands on her hips as she scrutinized him. How dare he. And tied up? That was too much for her to ignore. Corn had always been the most precious food to her because it was the very first act of kindness she had received as an orphan. A kid from the fellow orphanage she was in offered her corn when she refused to eat with the others. He told her to imagine the corn kernels as the bullies and every time she plucked it off the cob, it would be their heads. It really was quite a violent image but it seriously cheered her up. And since then, she had loved corn oh-so-dearly.
 
Sighing, Jaebeom knelt down automatically and raised his hands above his head. "I was wrong. Please forgive me, oh Corn Goddess." He tried to say it in all sincerity. He really did yet he was awarded by another smack. 
 
"Cut the cornpoop and go straight to the coint. I meant point." He heard his noona said. Jaebeom silently thanked the heavens that his Noona couldn't see his disbelieving expression for he was looking down. Coint - that had to be another word she messed up by thinking of "corn" and trying to say an actual word. Damn scary, her addiction was. 
 
Summoning the best puppy eyes he could muster, Jaebeom looked up from his posture and brought his hands together in a begging manner. "Well,  noona, as you know, I'm in love with the most wonderful girl in this planet."
 
"Yes, yes. The Ogre Princess, I know!"
 
"Yah! Don't you call her that! She's my Future Princess. My Baby! The future mother of my--"
 
"Shut up if you want to live. I don't want to imagine you and your tiny thing having--"
 
"Oh god!" Jaebeom quickly covered his ears and started singing nonsense. "I don't hear you. I don't hear you.  You're just a crazy old nag."
 
The last two words earned him another beating. After years of living with his nanny, Jaebeom never did learn how to behave properly. He was like a child, only incapacitated of learning not to prod things that were dangerous. In short, Bom would have described him as an absolute idiot. 
 
"So, what is it that you want? Come on, spit it out!"
 
"Today Princess gave me her lunch and it was so beautiful and it tasted better than all the corns in this world and then she smiled. And she.. And she blushed and she looked so perfect... And... Damn Annoying One. Rival. Stupid. Butthead.." Jaebeom frowned and crossed his arms, the thought of the unknown man pissing him off. If he knew any better, anything that had to do with the Annoying One was no good. Therefore this newly found rival was definitely bad news. 
 
Bom nodded and rubbed her chin as if she had a mustache. "I see, i see. So, somehow, you managed to embarrass yourself in front of her, yet again. Saw her blush and thought it was about you, but this Seung Ri guy, your rival, mentioned the existence of another rival - which was actually the cause of your Future Princess' blushing?"
 
Jaebeom nodded like a puppy, not even amazed on how she got everything right from his rambling. He was too used to it. She was able to read him like an open book and hit him like her own child - which, in all sense except biological, he was. 
 
"How do I solve this problem, Noona?" He whined and slumped on the floor, crestfallen. 
 
"Corn Goddess."
 
"What?"
 
"Call me 'Corn Godess' you mere human!" She said before giving his forehead another flick. Grumbling, Jaebeom complied. He had suffered too much pain in one day to even attempt a rebellion against this psycho. 
 
He waited for a few seconds, until finally, Bom's lips smiled into a devious one, scaring the hell out of Jaebeom, as she said, "What's the definition of stalking?"
 
"Uh.. To pursue stealthily?"
 
"No, pabo. MY definition of stalking."
 
Jaebeom frowned and looked at the older woman incredulously. "To take a romantic walk with the person you love, only you're the only one who knows its happening"
 
"Precisely, my boy. We're going on a long and extensive romantic walk with your princess.. On a quest to find out about her One True Prince."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AUTHORS NOTES
im really sorry for the late updates but next chapter will be Jiyong's view <3 and how am i doing with the comedy?