News of the Rival Prince

J and the Ogre Princess

"Urgh! What the hell are we wearing, woman?" Jaebeom grumbled as he tugged on the brightly colored cap his noona brought for him. Perfectly true to her eccentric ways, Bom had picked a lime green baseball hat paired with a full face visor matched with a track suit. In short, the total ahjumma park get-up. It was supposed to be inconspicuous, but it made them stick out like a pair of donkey with heavy make up amongst a sea of gerbils. 

 

"Shut up, child! I've seen this somewhere... Err, a spy drama!"

 

"Really? The one where they FAIL because they're totally obvious?" He mumbled and crossed his arm, keeping his eyes out at the park benches.

 

"Well, clearly you have experience in failure." She smirked then pointed excitedly as their target approached. 

 

One. 


Two. 


Three.


Three and a half because she slipped on a tree branch, got up and looked around, blinking at anyone who might have seen her fall.


Four.


Five.

 

Target acquired.

 

"She's so cute~" Jaebeom sighed, the plastic glass of the visor fogging up as he looked at the target dreamily.

 

"Shut up, you idiot! We're supposed to be spies, not idiots!" Bom snapped, then she took out a bag of corn chips from her huge red bag and peeked out from the tree they were hiding from. 

 

Unbelievable... And I'm supposed to reach my goal with this ahjumma directing me? We'll probably end up getting arrested for... I don't even know. Jaebeom thought then crossed his arms, grumbling his annoyance to himself. Why, oh why did he let himself be convinced to stalk his princess? It seemed like such a good idea at first but this ahjumma wouldn’t even let him take his camera with him. I mean, what was the point if he couldn’t take a souvenir of their excursion out? Oh, it would have been lovely to have a picture of his future queen..

 

“You know you were wondering out loud, right?”  A munch of corn chips from his side made Jaebeom jump up when he saw his noona’s eyes turned into slits. She was at it again, the corn and facial mist that she kept spraying around them. Urgh.. Jaebeom probably smelt like a complete woman by now from that stupid spray. 

 

"So? You sweet talk to your corn. That's even more disturbing than my fantasies." 

 

"Touché." She said and nodded, eventually plopping down on the ground and eyeing the girl. "So now what?" His noona wondered as she half-fanned, half-snacked away, the blistering sunlight making them uncomfortable in their get up.

 

"How am I supposed to know?? This was your plan!" Jaebeom whined loudly, throwing his arms upwards in an exhausted manner. He really didn't get it. Corn Goddess? Psh, please. More like Corn Maniac Bum. How was he supposed to go anywhere with Chae Rin from this?

 

"You agreed to it," Bom said while her fingers busied themselves with her chips, part of the visor tilting upwards , just enough to free access to .  

 

Frowning, he wondered how she could even eat at such a time like this. This plan could possibly help change the course of his miserable life. Well, not miserable, but still..

 

An annoying laugh was heard from behind him, making Jaebeom squint. He knew that voice. And hated every second of his life that was spent hearing it. 

 

Clonk.

 

"Ow!" Jaebeom explained as the woman in front of him cackled in delight at his pain. "Yah! Noona! You're supposed to defend me!!! Dont laugh!" He said, his voice turning into that of a whiny kid's.

 

"And since when does a grown man need a woman to defend himself from a little squint like this guy over here?"

 

Her voice. Her melodious voice rang in his ears. And so lovely was it that he swore a choir of angels could be heard singing the sweetest love songs. 

 

"C-chae rin-ah..." He stammered before turning around, his face flushed pink. Silently, he thanked all the gods of heaven that he was wearing a full-face visor. 

 

He was also soooo going to thank his noona. Did he call her a maniac? Im sorry. Goddess. Goddess once more. 

 

"Chae. Rin. Say it again, out loud," she said, her dark orbs boring into the black mirror of his visor. 

 

Jaebeom could have fainted, died and gone back from heaven, and it would never have been known by this girl in front of him. 

 

"I think he fainted from your ugliness already," Seunghyun joked, earning him a mimed jab from both Jaebeom and Chae Rin. 

 

Sighing, she looked at Jaebeom with pity when he still refused to talk. Cat got his tongue. She thought he was totally whipped by his noona. 

 

"So why the get up?" The Annoying One asked, poking his visor. Jaebeom turned to look at him, aggravated and chuckled when he saw Seunghyun blanching when Bom took of her headgear. Ah, the look on the kid's face made Jaebeom snicker. In awe? Wait until she opens , he thought grudgingly. Finally! Someone else can suffer her beating, and there was no other better for the role than the man he hated the most.

 

"Oh, hello yeoshin-nim. Your beauty lights up the world like nobody else, the way that you flicked your hair got me overwhelmed. Standing before you it aint hard to tell~" 

 

SMACK!

 

SMACK!!

 

Jaebeom  felt his whole body fill with satisfaction when the sounds of two hands slapped against someone skull, followed by a wail of pain, and knees thudding as it made contact with the ground.

 

Wait.. Two? He frowned and looked up, shock filling his face as both his Noona and Chae Rin looked at each other with wonder.

 

"Could it be-?"

 

"You too?"

 

A pair of voices cracking with emotion met his ears as the two women in front of him squealed in half delight and frustration.

 

"We're both surrounded by idiots!!!" They both fake sobbed, sniffing along. 

 

.... What the duck?

 

The two girls hugged each other and slumped back onto the floor, Bom sharing her chips with Chae Rin. 

 

"So what do you think of corn?" Bom said, her eyes glittering from the mention of her favorite snack, fingers sticky from the sugary crumbs left by the powder flavouring. 

 

Really? Really now, noona? Who in the world would be crazy enough to bom over corn? Darn it- i meant bond!! Jaebeom thought as he watched the two with huge eyes, half annoyed and scared at the incredulity of what was about to happen.

 

"What the..." The Annoying One whispered, too afraid to move from his spot. 

 

"Love them!" Chae Rin said in delight as she crunched her way into a chip, looking around the park with a peaceful expression. "They calm me down."

 

Oh no. This is not good. So not good...

 

The two boys thought as the image of joint future beatings flashed in their heads, creating a shiver run down their spines.

 

"Oh my god- yah!!!! Me too!" Jaebeom's noona piped up, her hands clapping together as she hugged Chae Rin tightly. "Omo omo omo! Finally, someone understands! Pleaseeee come over? Pretty please?"

 

C-come over????!?!?! Wait--- Jaebeom sweated profusedly as he almost shook his hands no. He didn't think his heart, body, mind and soul was ready for it just yet... But the thought of her over.. Oh what sweet heaven it would be. Wait... If she agrees then they must be truly be made for each other! Bom noona, I would serve you hands and feet if you make her agree. Please please, please, oh heavens, let it be.

 

Ah, the planning that needs to be done... Of course he would have to play her favorite songs.. Should he dress in a tux? Maybe they can get married  in his garden. Preparations must be made!!! The ring!

 

"Sure!" Chae Rin, his beautiful maiden said, and he swore his heart stopped beating. Yes! Yes! Yes! "But can I take oppa with me?"

 

Ah, there it was again. That expression that made his heart melt: a gentle faraway gaze with her teeth gently nipping on her bottom lip, a soft blush on her cheeks before she completely covered her face with her hands in sheer embarrassment...

 

"Aww. Is uri Chaerinie in love?" Bom asked and gently nudged the younger girl with her elbow. Ah, young pure love. What beauty! So unlike the obsession of her child. 

 

Please. Please, don't nod.. Jaebeom whispered and watched in horror when she did, his heart crumbling into a thousand pieces. 

 

Barely breathing, he felt a hand thump against his back, making him choke. He looked up where it came from and saw The Annoying One whose eyes bore pity in them. Pity - the last thing Jaebeom ever wanted to get from his most hated enemy. 

 

No.. He hated someone else more. That man. That oppa.

 

"Yes..." Chae Rin sighed then turned back to Bom. "He's wonderful. He's my One True Prince~"

 

You're dead, One True Prince.

 

 

 

 


((Noticed the twilight reference? I was dying while writing this. XD

 

aaaand its been a while, huh? But worry not, I'm officially back to writing. Please give me a lot of love.))