Leap of Joy

J and the Ogre Princess

Park Jaebeom found himself burying his pretty face onto his pillow as  he remembered the impromptu get together of his noona and this random... man, who she called bingu. Out of nowhere, right after he came home with Chae Rin in tow, his noona had tackle hugged him, taking the breath out of his lungs.

 

"W-what the hell?" Jaebeom was barely able to breathe out as his whole body was swayed from side to side, two crushing arms surrounding his own, effectively pinning them to the side.

 

"I FOUND HIM! I FOUND HIM! WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT? I FOUND HIM!" His noona had piped out as she let go of him, this time going to Chae Rin and giving her a deadly squeeze.

 

He watched his princess choke a little, a half-scared smile upon her lips. Urgh, how dare his noona hurt her. Making an annoyed face, Jay rubbed his arms and put his bag down, walking to the farthest corner of the kitchen away from the crazy woman he had grown accustomed to.

 

Accustomed, yes. Nope, never mind. Not really quite. She was such an alien, he had no idea how to treat her properly.

 

"Y-you found who, unnie?" Chae Rin piped, her voice uncharacteristically high.

 

"Oh, mianhae. BUT I FOUND HIM!" Bom screamed as she ran in place, squealing at the top of her lungs.

 

"Jesus, woman," Jaebeom exclaimed, half annoyed. She would definitely scare any guests away, and just now that he and her highness had been getting along so well....

 

"CORN MAN!"

 

"CORN MAN?!" the two teenagers exclaimed, looking at each other with confused stares. What in the world...

 

"The man who taught me how to love corn, DUH!"  Bom said, springing herself up on the counter, wiggling her feet in an excited manner.

 

"Ah.. Yay?" Chae Rin offered before following Jaebeom's actions, cautious now of the older lady. "Uhm.. What did he do exactly?"

 

"Something about imagining people's heads are corn. and when you snap a corn, ya know," Jay whispered before making a crack noise.

 

"Oh, I see, I see."

 

"Really quite violent."

 

"And she likes it?"

 

"Adores it," he nodded, a bit solemnly.

 

"Can't say I disapprove."

 

"You're kind of dark, aren't you?"

 

"Totally." She nodded before looking at Bom, who was now eyeing the two carefully.

 

"Since when have you two started whispering about me, huh? Going behind my back?! AFTER I RAISED YOU," she wagged her fingers at Jaebeom who whimpered a little, making Chae Rin step up in front of the poor child.

 

"Well, not exactly behind your back, I mean."

 

"Shut up, Jay," Chae whispered to the kid.

"You ARE right in front of us and all - "

 

"Park Jaebeom, do you want to die?" Chae Rin turned her head back to look at the man, her expression unspeakably terrifying. Gulping down his words, Jaebeom chose the less of two evils and ignored both of them, suddenly taking an interest in his fingernails.

 

"So, uhm, unnie, tell me about him. How'd you find him?"

 

"Well, it wasn't as if I was looking, you know, I'm not a stalker," Bom prattled on, her voice filled with excitement. Yeah, right. Who was it that convinced me to wear ahjumma get up to look at Chae Rin? "Well, see, I ordered some gamjatang today and as I was opening the door, this freakishly tall and handsome guy accidentally banged his head against it. So naturally, I laughed."

 

"Naturally," Jaebeom said with disdain, already feeling bad for the man.

 

"Continue," Chae prompted, before glancing at Jaebeom, signing to move further away from Bom, but he didn't..

 

"Point is, he had a really weird dialect and kept saying Aiguuuuuuu. And CHAE! The way he swore, it was exactly the same way as the Corn Guy! He used food as if they were swear words. Then he started to calm down. it was beautiful!"

 

It took all of the two's control to not burst out laughing from the picture in their heads: a tall lanky man, clumsy, by the sound of it, and uses delicious swear words. And if they didn't know Bom - the way she was, her weirdness and unique outlook in life, they, too, would have doubted that such a man existed. But if she exists, then he was possible too.

 

"So, I told him to come in, so I could give ice to his injury, right? But mind you, I was still totally laughing -"

 

"Like an idiot," Jay whispered, making Chae Rin grip on his arm harshly, desperate to prevent a snort.

 

"Then I told him to go sit down on the chair while I got him some cold compress, and guess what?! I found him just curiously looking at it, rubbing his chin and nodding in approval. So I said, 'anything wrong?', and he said, 'this chair', 'What about it?', 'It is of absolute beauty!'. So I screamed and asked what other normal human beings would ask-"

 

"As if you're normal, yourself," Jay breathed again, frowning, yet the small smile etched on the princess' face made him smile too.

 

"Which was?" She implored, her hand now finding his as she gripped on it tightly, laughter threatening to escape any second now.

 

" 'DO YOU HAVE A FURNITURE ? YOU WEIRDO!' ya know? That was the correct reaction, right?"

 

"So you admit you aren't normal?" Jay asked, a smirk on his face

 

"Yes, yes, that was the correct reaction, unnie,"  Chae Rin said, trying not to get her friend killed.

 

"Right?!" Relieved that she was right, Bom ignored her annoying care and focused again on the story. "And he just stood there, so quietly, before muttering a word: BINGU. So I asked him again, what? And he said 'I'm not a weirdo. I'm a bingu though. Nice to meet you. May I really sit on this chair?' He asked. And then I lost it. And it was perfection, like in all those dramas I've seen, when the girl finally finds the guy she's supposed to spend her whole life with. CHAE, get this, it all happened in slow motion!!"

 

"What happened in slow motion?"

 

"Me jumping him."

 

 

 

 

Author's Notes:

As an editing move, I will be compressing chapters to not scare off new readers. As you all know, my updates are relatively short because I want to be consistent in writing. And since days where I can sit down and focus are rare, its hard for me to give longer chapters. In additional, a timeline shall be written into the older chapters and new ones. I know people might find this story really slow, but it is a slice of life. Think of it as a highschool anime. or Manga. Something like that. Thank you for reading! As usual, comment (i love hearing your theories, though legit, one of you got it right. its sorta scary XD),  UPVOTE (pretty please, loves), SUBSCRIBE and SHARE. Spread the #jayrin and #skydragon love