Winter's Beauty

J and the Ogre Princess

"Jal meoggettseummida~" Park Jaebeom said happily as he opened the lunch box that his princess, HIS PRINCESS, packed for him. He beamed at her in pure happiness before looking down at the food. After years of being out of the loop, finally, he was welcomed into her kingdom. And what a lovely one it was at that.

 

Jaebeom picked up the tofu riceball before stuffing it into his mouth and exclaiming with delight as the sweetness of the tofu filled his mouth. "DAEBAK. CHWIGO! LEE CHAE RIN CHWIGODA!" he practically half screamed in the classroom, making her cover her face in embarrassment.

 

"Shut up!" the Annoying One piped up, his chopsticks sneakily snaking towards his food.

 

"Ya! Stop that!" Jaebeom hit the Annoying One's hands away and turned around, shielding his precious sustenance. No other meal could compare. Well, technically, it could, and this was alright, but it was the fact that it came from her that made it so special.

 

 Growling at the other kid, Jaebeom shook his head and continued to eat, savouring every bite. Ah, what a time to be alive, he thought before finally glancing at his seat mates. Seunghyun, maybe because Jaebeom might have been a horrible man in his past life,  became his seat-neighbour - an immediate one, while Hunchae...

 

NO! I WILL NOT CALL HER THAT AWFUL NAME. Jay made a disgusted face as he shook his head, making the other two stare at him,. Well, let's just say she sat in front of them and it made his day every time he would look up. And never in his life had he looked forward as much as he did now.

 

And yet, though as happy as he could be, Jaebeom noticed the silence that hung in the air. There was no bantering coming from the two best friends and he couldn't help but wonder why. Though, really, he shouldn't by now, for there was only one reason for her silence, and that was her prince. Much as he hated to admit it, though in his own right, he, too, was a prince, he had no power over her happiness - for she gave him none. Really, the only people who could affect someone are those who held parts of their precious heart. And her prince seem to have a tight grip on hers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, that looks absolutely wonderful!" Sandara exclaimed to Jiyong, making him smile. Yes, it did look wonderful. So well prepared and every single item one of his favorites. Man, she really went all out, he thought, silently chuckling while Junsu eyed his food longingly.

 

"Yah, Kwon Jiyong, don't you love me?"

 

"No."

 

"But I'm your best friend, right?"

 

"No."

 

"Wha-"

 

"No."

 

"Come on-"

 

"I said no."

 

"Just one bite?"

 

"No."

 

"Psh, whipped."

 

A soft giggle was let out by their new teacher's assisstant as she watched the two friends. She noticed that he seemed really happy, just looking at the food. Ah, she thought, was it possible that this was young love? Oh, how she missed it.

 

Jiyong took one of the rice balls and popped it into his mouth, though it was a  little salty, it was still delicious. And he remembered how shyly she acted when she gave it to him, right before home room started.

 

Dazed, Jiyong stared lazily at the sky, his eyes catching whiffs of faint clouds float away. It was another day, another Monday, and the cold he loved so much had officially disappeared. There were still the occasional winds that brought  a chill to his bones but the warmth of the sun destroyed its efforts. To be honest, he never knew why he loved the cold. It was just something that he loved feeling. It always made him feel nostalgic.

 

A tap on his shoulder woke him up from his daydreaming, making him look at Woobin, who was now pointing a finger towards the door. "Isn't that yours?"

 

"What's mine?' He wondered out loud before turning his eyes to the direction and seeing a head poking through the window.

 

"Did we get the wrong classroom again, Seungri-ya? Because I swear to god.."

 

"How am I supposed to know his damn classroom? You have a better memory than me anyway."

 

"Why the hell are we even here?"

 

Chaerin, his brother, and the new kid's voices, though they were apparently "whispering", was still heard by Jiyong. Breaking into a sly grin, he whistled loudly before chuckling and jogging to their direction. "What's up, Hunchae-ya?"

 

He could see the younger woman blanched then blushed when she heard his voice.

 

"Oppa.. Igeo.. well, Imo wanted me to give it to you."

 

"Yeah, sure. Mom did," Jiyong watched his little brother roll his eyes before walking away. Huh, he wondered what was wrong. Still...

 

"Gomaweo. Hey, wanna go in?"

 

"Nope." she said before quickly turning around, the hint of pink still evident on her cheeks. "Have a good day, oppa!" she said before waving and dragging the two idiots at her heels.

 

Jiyong chuckled. Oh, she wasn't a princess. She was a queen.

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

can you guys guess why he loves winter?