Ever

J and the Ogre Princess

[Jiyong-ssi?!!?!!!?!?!? What is this, SeungRiya?]

 

[I don't know. I guess you're not her oppa anymore, hyung]

 

[How can I not be her oppa?! I'm her only oppa]

 

[I dont know. Go talk to her]

 

[Like she'll talk to me]

 

[Then why did you ask her to never bother you again? If you still wanna talk with her, that is.]

 

He dialed the kid's number.

 

"Is that it?"

 

"Yes. Your fault."

 

"I know. Are you being watched?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Who?"

 

"Goddess. Scary."

 

"Oh," Jiyong found himself laughing nervously, his brain running a million scenarios in his head. "How do I make this up to her?"

 

"I dont know."

 

"How did you know it was my fault then?"

 

"Hyung, as if it could be anyone else's."

 

Jiyong sighed. "Is there anyway I can make up to her?”

 

A pause was all he heard at the other end of the line. “Do you have money?”

 

“Uh... I couple manweon. Why?”

 

“Hyung! You rich human! Share!!!”

 

“Shut up, and tell me why?”

 

“Why don’t you come out here?”

 

“Come out there uninvited, are you high? That’d be trespassing.”

 

“But it’ll be grand, you know, a romantic gesture.”

 

Would it work? But wait! He wasn’t trying to be romantic, wasn’t he? Why were they even talking about the damn word – romance. How he hated it... Yet at the back of his head, he agreed with the boy – maybe it would fix them two.

 

“I mean, I asked Bom noona and she said she’ll let you stay here for 20,000W a night. That’s not bad, right?”

 

“Are you high?! I don’t even have a part time job. IDEA REJECTED.”

 

“Urgh! I’m just trying to help you, hyung,” the younger man whined before sighing.

 

“Ri? It’s really late. Mrs. Park asked me where you were,” He heard her voice speak softly through the other end of the line, and some shuffling from his brother.

 

Hunchae.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun hurriedly hid his phone, making his bestfriend raised a brow. What a weirdo, she probably thought. Well, he was. The kid looked at the girl, her face filled with exhaustion and worry. And it wasn’t that he wanted to help his brother, though that was certainly a part of it, but because he hated how much  Jiyong affected her. It was a domino effect. He’d affect her, she would affect him and Jaebeom.

 

“Why are you hiding that phone, huh? Finally talking to girls?” she joked, cracking a bit of a smile.

 

“W-what? Y-yes! Of course, why not? I’d totally talk to girls. I got game!” Even to him, he sounded so unsure, making her laugh. Ri watched Chae Rin sit on the L-shaped sofa and heaved a sigh.

 

“If it’s your brother, tell him.... tell him...”

 

“Tell  him that you’re moping about right now?”

 

“Yah!”

 

He laughed. “Alright, alright. Why won’t you talk with him anyway?”

 

“Didn’t I tell you? He wanted this, so I’m giving it to him.”

 

“Just because he wants something, doesn’t mean you should do it.”

 

“It’s stupid, I know.”

 

“Yeah..” he said before hanging up the phone. As much as he wanted to figure out how to solve the rift between the two, what they were talking about was not right to share. “Do you.. do you need a hug?”

 

“Do you want Jaebeom to kill you?” she looked up and smirked.

 

“As if that idiot can kick my !”

 

“You know he can, you twerp.” She joked, making him laugh.

 

“Yeah, he can.” He admitted in defeat.

 

“Plus, we’re not touchy, you and I. You totally might fall in love with me if we start doing that.”

 

“PUH-LEASE, CALM YOUR SELF!”

 

She bursts out laughing before the closing of a door made both their heads snap towards the direction of the noise.

 

“First, stop screaming. Second, I can so kick your . Third, and most importantly – You. Are. Not. Allowed.”

 

“To what?” Ri asked the other young man who walked towards Chae Rin.

 

“To fall in love with my princess. Finder’s Keepers, Losers weepers.”

 

“Please, I’d rather be gay than be with Chae Rin.”

 

“You little – “ Jaebeom maimed a punch before the girl laughed and shook her head. Standing up, the brief laughter immediately died down from his memory.

 

“Stop it, you two. First of all, I am no one’s. Ever.Happily ever afters don’t exists for those who lack beauty. Second of all, if your hyung keeps bothering you... then fine. I’ll text him or something. Don’t know why he even gives a damn. Maybe his goddess ssaem is busy, that’s why he’s all bored and feels as if he needs to compensate. But watch – the moment she comes back, reconciling with me probably wouldn’t matter..”

 

“Yah! Lee Chae Rin!” That wasn’t right! Really, it wasn’t. Seunghyun thought, his mind rewinding the words he overheard the other night.  You’re as daft as your son, aren’t you? And it wasn’t until now that they made sense. Granted, at first, Ri thought they were talking about him. Of course, he was the goof. But the way the two acted, their reactions to each other, the way they misunderstood, avoided, acted  desperate... It was clear that it wasn’t Ri who was daft, it was Jiyong.

 

“Hush, let me finish. Please.” She said, her eyes looking at the phone inside his hands, the back light on, indicating an ongoing call. Increasing her tone a little more, she walked over to Ri, took the phone from his hands and put it over her ears. “I’m sorry, oppa. I’ll never bother you with my feelings again. I’ll get rid of them, okay? Somehow. Goodnight.” she breathed out before walking away, leaving the two young man in awkward silence, unable to discern exactly what was going through her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Notes: this is not one of those stories  that has the majority of the romance once theyve grown up. I wanted.. to write a tale where there are tons of self doubt. And from the view of a fat girl. Chae Rin here? She isn't the CL that we all love. At least, she doesnt look like that. Imagine her 100lbs bigger. This story is all about self image, and getting past what society have shoved down your throat from birth. UPVOTE and SUBSCRIBE and SHARE.

 

goodnight bros. THIS IS PEWDIEP--- Nope. I’m not a youtuber, though doing one of those three things would be greatly appreciated. xxoo

Also hurray for a semi-longer chapter ;]. less updates then teehee