Waking Up the Ogre Princess

J and the Ogre Princess

"Oppa!" a girl ran towards a man standing by a bench. Though she could only see a shadow, she knew it was him. How? It was because ever since she was young, she had always looked up to him. 

 
Second, she felt her heart going pit-a-pat-pit. Fluttering like there was no tomorrow. Hence, it could only be one person. Him - Kwon Jiyong 
 
"Oppa! Wait!" she screamed as she saw the man turn around. Yet oddly, he kept moving forward. Further and further away from her. He looked back, as if to tell her goodbye but she could only look at his smile and pause at her tracks. That was how it always was. One smile was all it took for her to forget everything. To let go of her reason. 
 
She smiled foolishly, watching him go. Even in her dreams, she couldnt go after him. He was - though she never admitted it out loud to herself or anyone else - unreachable. Yet he remained the star that she kept going after. 
 
"Chae! Wake up, kid. Auntie says breakfast is ready." an annoying voice interrupted her dreams. Though the voice brought up a good point. Breakfast. 
 
"Whats the food?" she forced herself to open one eye. She knew the voice. It came from Seunghyun - his little brother. 
 
"Bacon. Palli! J-hyung will finish it off." she could already hear the smile in Seunghyun's voice. This kid was truly annoying. She couldn't even begin to fathom why he liked to wake her up! It probably caused him enjoyment to see her frown first thing in the morning. Oh, the horror. Wrinkles at thirteen?! She didnt even want to think about herself four or five years from now. 
 
Groaning, she got up and blinked a few times, shaking her head in the process.
 
"Awake already?" he asked her, a foolish grin on his face. How he was so energetic so early in the morning escaped her understanding. As far as she was concerned, the morning was EVIL...
 
She shuddered and went to stand in front of her closet. Looking at herself, she hated all of it. Her fat thighs, double chin, chinky eyes.. She was disgusting. She was never bullied openly. But she knew what they all thought of fat little Chae Rin. Heard the sneers and giggles behind her back. And because of it, she looked at herself every morning, memorizing her every feature and vowing that she will look better. She'll be half her size now.. No! A third! She'll wow everyone and be popular. People would be lining up just to be her friend. 
 
She snorted happily before reaching out for the closet door and opening it and taking her newly ironed uniform, towel and other things. 
 
"Yo panda. Will you tell eomma and oppa~ i'll be there in a second? And whatever you do, DO NOT LET HIM FINISH THE BACON." she turned to him and waved a finger menacingly before letting out an evil grin. 
 
She saw him shiver and nod before she laughed and headed for the washroom. 
 
Little Seunghyun was left in her room, a slight frown evident on his face. He never understood her even though they've known each other (practically) from birth. Their parents were close friends and made their kids play with each other daily. Well, more like forced. 
 
He didn't mind. She was a fun person to be with - short tempered and hilarious to make fun of! It was just perfect for his personality. He didn't understand a lot of things about her but what confused him the most was her daily mirror routine. What was the point of doing it when you werent going to follow through? He sighed and shrugged to himself before merrily walking down the stairs. 
 
"The Ogre Princess is finally awake. Her Majestic Greenness has warned thou humans to not finish the pork behind or she shall skin yer bellies and feed it to bunnies! Yarrr!" he said, acting like a royal courtier and suddenly turning into a pirate. 
 
The two old man on the family table laughed at his playfulness, while his mother and auntie shook their heads, both trying to force a smile back. 
 
"Pabo. Go sit down already and start eating." the voice of his older brother cut through the laughter as he wolfed down piece after piece of bacon. Seunghyun frowned. 
 
"Ya! Hyungnim! Dont you dare finish that!" he said dramatically with his hands outstretched in the air.  
 
His older brother, who was fifteen at the time, looked up from his plate, a cheeky grin plastered on his teenaged face.  "Why? Is your highness REALLY going to skin me? You know what I think? I think you lied, little brother. I bet she said she'd skin you. Hence, I have absolutely nothing to worry about. Its your life on the line, not mine." he said before folding his arms and looking his dongsaeng up and down. 
 
"Hyung!!!" Seunghyun whined. Now he was really starting to worry. Just the thought of Chae Rin pinching his sides sent a grimace of pain to his face. 
 
"Enough, Jiyongah. Dont be mean to Seungri." Their father gave a wink to youngest male as he used Seunghyun's favored nickname. Chae Rin's father just shook his head, still surprised and laughing at the liveliness at that early hour. He had always thought that Little Seunghyun balanced everything in his family well. Chae Rin was a serious girl, quiet for the most part but he brings out a different side to her. At least that was what he thought. He never knew that Chae Rin acted as brashly as she did with Seunghyun all the time and only acted meek and quiet when Jiyong was around..
 
 
 
"SEUNGHYUN!!!" a shout interrupted the smiling faces of the people around the table. "There better be still some food left when I get down!!" she wailed as they all heard her shuffle upstairs, probably trying to dress as fast as she could. 
 
The young man's mouth hung open with shock.  His eyes wide, he looked at his older brother for help. He ran to Jiyong quickly and started patting his brother's back. 
 
"Palli! Throw up some of the bacon back if you care about your dongsaeng's life! HYUNGNIMMMMMMM!" he wailed once again making everyone erupt into fits of laughter when they saw the child's reaction. 
 
"Aigo... Wouldn't it be wonderful if my little one coupled up with Chae Rin, Ah Ra?" Jiyong's and Seunghyun's' mother whispered to Chae Rin's mom's ears. 
 
"I know. But I think my little girl has her eyes on your gentleman." the younger woman giggled quietly. Both women loved to dote on their children and husbands.. But most of all, they loved to talk about the future possibilities of their children being together. 
 
"Ah.. Wouldnt it have been perfect if you had another one? Besides Chae Rin? Then they wouldnt have to share." Kwon Jihyo sighed exasperatedly. 
 
"But then we wouldnt have this wonderful drama-like lives to look forward to now, wouldnt we?" Lee AhRa said, a knowing smile on her lips. Both women laughed as their husbands eyed them suspiciously. 
 
The men knew that their wives loved to dream up ridiculous things. Yet secretly, both thought it would be wonderful if they really became family. A real family through their children.. But they didnt want a complicated life. Heck, they didnt even want to think of their children having boyfriend or girlfriends. It was better to live a stress-free life. For now. 
 
It was always like that in the Kwon's and Lee's houses. They lived right next to each other. Their parents had been best friends from high school. Both families have their meals together, alternating houses, though breakfast was usually held inside the Lee's abode due to Mr. Lee's sleepyhead of a daughter.  Speaking of her, little Seunghyun refused to even think about how she'd react now that the bacon was half gone..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AUTHORS NOTES
Omo. I cant believe i have 21 subscibers for this one already. :) but here's the first chapter. I know i said november but i cant help it <3 i adore seungri and chae here. Haha. And please do pardon my updates since i have two other ongoing fics (the updates will
be slow). And this is my first time trying my hands on romantic comedy (a great distraction fromy stories /sighs/). please do give it some love and support <3 comments are greatly appreciated.