Last Chance

Kim Myungsoo, do you know i like you?

Naeun took a deep breath and walked inside after waiting outside for such a long while.

Who should it be? Would she know him? What should she do?

Questions ran through her head rapidly as she walked in and met eyes with a well-dressed man. He had his hands held in front of him with respect, along with a smile on his face.

"Naeun dear, this is Lee Gikwang. You two were engaged long ago, and since now your uncle and I are together again, you two are to get married." Her father told her.

Naeun looked at the man, Gikwang, who seemed to have been forced into the situation too. She smacked her lips and looked at her father.

"I can't get married with this man. I already love someone else." She told everyone. Her father looked at her shocked along with her uncle and auntie.

"Who? Who do you like?" They asked.

Naeun looked at Gikwang and took a deep breath.

"Kim Myungsoo..." she told them. Her father scrunched up his eyebrows together confused.

"Myungsoo...? The young man who came here the other day?" He asked. Naeun sighed and nodded her head.

"Yeh appa, I love him. And he loves me too. I'm sorry but I can't get married to Gikwang." She said. Her father sighed and took her into another room leaving Gikwang, her aunt and uncle in the living room chatting to themselves.

 

"Appa, why now? Why didn't you tell me sooner? I can't let this happen. I need to get back to Myungsoo..." Naeun said with her head down.

Her father sighed and held her hands.

"Naeun... that young man out there... is the only man from your mother's side that's alive." He said. Naeun's eyes widened.

Last she heard, they have lost all contact with her mother's family ever since her death. But hearing about Gikwang, uniting with them, it's what they've always wanted to do.

 

"We found him just a couple of days ago, and we were... so happy. Your mother... and I engaged you with Gikwang ever since you two were born... you have to marry him..." he said.

Naeun's eyes softened. If she doesn't marry Gikwang... then she'd be disloyal to her mother. Her mother didn't grow her up to be that kind of daughter.

 

"Appa, I can't... Myungsoo..." she told her father again. Her father sighed and patted her shoulder.

"I'm sorry dear, but you have to forget about him, okay? I'll give you until tonight to say your goodbye then come back with Woohyun okay?" Her father told her.

Naeun started tearing. "Appa, I can't! I can't say goodbye to Myungsoo... I can't..." she said with her voice shaking.

"Well, I hate to break it to you Naeun... but either you marry Gikwang... or be disloyal to your mother and I. I'm sorry, but this is all I have to say." He said then walked out.

 

Naeun walked out of the house after a while and looked up at the sky. She'd been crying and thinking of what she should do. How should she tell Myungsoo? What will his reaction be?

She got into the taxi her father called for her and went back to Myungsoo's house. Through the whole ride, she thought about her mother. Would her mother let her go to Myungsoo...? Her mother only want her to be happy... so maybe she would?

She took a deep breath, shaking her head, and sniffed her tears back up to wherever they came from.

 

When she finally arrived, she got out and noticed Myungsoo didn't arrive from work yet. He's probably working late again. She looked at the time and saw that it was only 3 in the afternoon. So that means he'll come home in 3 more hours.

Naeun got inside and saw no sign of Woohyun. She guessed he'd to be with Chorong since she's the only person he knows other than her, Myungsoo, and Kwan.

She looked around at Myungsoo's house and tears started falling down again.

"Omma... can't I just stay here with Myungsoo...? I don't want to marry Gikwang..." she said quietly then smacked her head and sighed.

"Ani... I'm sorry mommy... I just... I'll follow your orders. Don't worry. I won't let you down." She said then forced on a smile and went into Myungsoo's bedroom, the place where she slept.

She touched the bed, covers, and went to pack her things.

After she did, she went to cook something for Myungsoo's return and called Woohyun.

 

"Oh, Naeun, I'm coming home right now. Cook me something good!!" Woohyun said on the other line walking down the street with Chorong, hand in hand.

Naeun looked down and sighed.

"Woohyun ah... hurry home. We need to talk." She said in monotone.

Woohyun looked at Chorong confused. He pouted his lips for a bit then just smiled.

"Ah, arraseo, I'll be there in a bit." He said then hung up.

"Chorong ah, it seems like something happened to Naeun... I'll go home first." He told her.

Chorong smiled and nodded her head.

"Okay, call me later okay?" She said then they waved bye and departed.

 

Woohyun got home and smelt the aroma of delicious food. He walked in slowly and curiously since Naeun never cooks food that smells that good.

He walked to the kitchen and saw Naeun fixing the table.

"Naeun ah... what's up with you?" He asked confused, afraid to speak. Naeun looked up at him and smiled.

"Woohyun ah... we're going to go home right now. I already packed your things. There's a taxi waiting for us outside. I packed us some food for the drive too. Let's go." She said with a smile.

Woohyun just stared at her confused. "W... wh-what...?" He asked. "Why are you being like this again?" He asked again.

Naeun chuckled and patted his back, pushing him to his luggage.

"Yah, we need to go. I'll explain things to you later. Appa needs us at home. Let's go!" She forced him outside with the food in her hand and locked the door after her.

"Yah, what's wrong? We can't just leave like this." Woohyun told her trying to stay put. Naeun pushed him and looked to the side, seeing Myungsoo walking towards the house from far away.

Naeun gasped and quickly pushed Woohyun inside, forcing him and throwing the food at him.

"Ah, hurry up jerk! We have to go!!!" Naeun said in a rush, glancing at Myungsoo who was looking over at them confused.

Naeun started tearing seeing Myungsoo. Her heart softened and she just wanted to run to him and hug him, tell him everything.

But she stopped herself... she couldn't. People blamed her father and her for her mother's death. People said her father and her didn't take good care of her.

Everyone started parting from them. When there was an occassion, they never invited her father and her. When there was a death, they never contacted her father and her.

But now... they found Gikwang... the only family of her mother. Her mother... said she had to marry Gikwang... so she's going to marry him.

If it's for her mom, she'd do anything. She love her mom so much she even ran home from an exam at school because her mother fainted at home.

People say love between a man and a woman is greater than anything... but she'd always thought her parent's love for her were greater than anything.

She'd sacrifice everything for her mom. So... she couldn't run to Myungsoo... she couldn't. However much she wanted to... she couldn't.

 

"Naeun ah... what's wrong?" Woohyun said getting out of the taxi again. He saw Myungsoo walking to their block and smiled.

"Myungsoo ah!!! Come help me! Naeun's acting weird again!!!! Hurry!!!" Woohyun said. Before he got to say anything else, Naeun hit his head and forced him inside the taxi. She got in after him and then the taxi drove off.

She glanced back at Myungsoo who watched them confused. She started crying, tears falling down her cheeks again, just like earlier.

"I'm sorry Myungsoo... I'm sorry... I can't face you anymore..." she sobbed to herself.

Woohyun looked at her confused. "Why are you sorry? Why can't you face him anymore?" He asked glancing back at Myungsoo who had a phone against his ear.

Naeun's phone started ringing in her hands. Woohyun looked at it and answered it.

"Myungsoo, Naeun's acting weird again! She said we had to come home. She's crying. I don't know what's going on. She won't let the taxi stop." Woohyun told Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo looked down and hung up. He smacked his lips and went inside, looking around the house.

He saw the food that Naeun made for him earlier and saw a note beside his plate. He sighed and opened it, reading it.

 

I'm sorry Myungsoo... but I guess we're not meant to be...

You don't have to waste your time trying to fall in love with me anymore...

My uncle and daddy are okay again... isn't that awesome??

I'm going back... I guess everything is left for fate.

I'm really sorry... but later on, you'll know everything... just wait okay...

With love, Son Naeun

 

Myungsoo dropped the note and scoffed loudly. He looked up to the ceiling and chuckled to himself.

"You left me..." he mumbled to himself. "You left me... again..." he said holding in his tears.

He looked at the food on the table and scoffed again.

A/N: Don't worry, Gikwang isn't going to be a jerk...

He too, doesn't want to be in this situation...

But how should Myungeun cope with it?? What should he do?

Should Naeun chose her mother and marry Gikwang? Or chose Myungsoo and be happy??

Sorry if this story is getting boring...

Please leave suggestions if you have any okay?