Talk About Life Part I

Kim Myungsoo, do you know i like you?

 

                Naeun laid on Myungsoo’s bed and covered herself with her blanket, burying her face head first into the pillows. There was a knock on the door as Naeun sighed.

                “Come in.” She muffled into the pillows. “So... what happened?” Myungsoo asked while silently walking into the bedroom.  She kept her head in the pillows and shrugged.

                “I don’t want to go home Kim Myungsoo.” She said through the pillows. “I can’t face my father after knowing what he did to my uncle.” She said slowly. Myungsoo crossed his arms and leaned his back on the door.

                “Well, you have to hear both stories.” He said through a sigh. “You can’t just hear one story and assume the other side doesn’t have a good reason as well.” Naeun lifted her head from the pillow to look at him and had a sad look on her face.

                “If anything goes wrong, my home is always open for you.” He said nervously with a chuckle and looked down and then looked up at her. “I mean, Kwan really likes you so I could use the help.” He said while scratching his head. Naeun lightly chuckled and bit her lip.

                “Can I ask you something?” Naeun asked while sitting up in bed. He looked at her and slowly nodded, pressing his lips together. “Yes?” He said as he sat down on the carpet with his back to the door.

                “You know a lot about my family already.” She said with her head down and then looked up at him. “Tell me about yours.” He smiled and sighed.

                “I don’t have much to tell.” He said with a chuckle. “So I’d rather not tell.” Naeun looked at the clock on the counter on the table and shrugged. “It’s only 10pm.” She said with a smile. Myungsoo stood up from the ground and grabbed one of his jackets from inside the closet. He grabbed one of Naeun’s and then threw it at her.

                “Let’s go and I’ll tell you.” He said with a smile and wore his jacket slowly. She got out of bed and quickly wore her sweater.  “Where are we going?” She asked excitedly.

                They walked outside the apartment and entered a park nearby. “What’re we doing here?” She asked with a chuckle and covered with her sweater from the cold.

                “This is where it all happened.” He said while looking around and taking a deep breath. Naeun looked at him oddly. “Where what happened?” She asked curiously.

                “I was here the day my parents passed away.” He said while sitting down on one of the swings nearby. Naeun closed and sat on the swing next to him. “My first year of preschool my parents enrolled me in this school. I was scared and didn’t want to come but education was so important to my parents.” He said with his head down at the woodchips.

                “How did it happen?” She questioned. “It was after my first day of preschool and I wanted to stay after a bit to have a little extra play time.” He said with a smile. “I’ve never had so many toys to play with so I very much enjoyed it here.” He said while looking up to the night sky and smiling.

                “Unfortunately, there was a drive-by that day. My first day of school. Out of all the 4 people that passed away, my parents were two of them.” He said with his head down. Naeun had a worried look on her face as she listened.

                “But it’s all okay now.” He said with a cheerful look on his face and standing up instantly. “It was my fault and I’m the only one to blame.”

                “It wasn’t your fault.” Naeun said walking behind him. He stopped walking as she stopped behind him. “You were just a child. Why would you blame yourself?” He sighed and kept his head down.

                “If I would’ve gone home-“

                “Don’t blame yourself like that. You didn’t know it was going to happen.” She said while walking closer to him. “Isn’t it too much to throw everything at yourself like that?” He looked up to the sky and sighed while closing his eyes.

                “Can we not talk about this right now?” He asked silently. She smiled and looked down, standing next to him. “As you wish.” She said while looking up at him with a smile.

                “Kim Myungsoo... take me somewhere that makes you happy.” She said as he chuckled and shook his head. “No, it’s too late and we shouldn’t be walking around in our pajamas-“

                “I don’t care!” She yelled with a chuckle. “Come on! Please?” She asked angelically as he laughed and set his hands in his pockets. She looked at his face and noticed he still had a look of sadness on his face.

                “Fine. I’ll just take us wherever I want to go.” She said and reached in his pocket for his hand. “I’ll need to hold this so I won’t get lost though.” She said nervously with a smile and held his hand tightly, walking ahead into the light filled streets. “Hey-“

“Let’s go walk towards those huge buildings over there.” She said while dragging his hand. He smiled and quickly walked behind her to walk by her side.

                Woohyun woke up from his nap on the couch and walked to use the restroom when he noticed it was still dark outside. After he got out of the restroom, he walked towards Naeun’s bedroom to check if Naeun was still in bed. He panicked when he noticed that she was gone.

               “Did she leave without me?!” Woohyun said in panic as there came a loud knock on the door. He rushed to the door and opened it. “Son Na-“

                Chorong looked at him with wide awake eyes as Woohyun fixed his hair. “Sorry it’s so late, but…I was taking a walk and saw Kwan wandering outside.” She said as they both looked down at Kwan who was now nowhere in sight.

                “Where is he?” Woohyun asked while looking around. “Oh! He was just here!” Chorong said loudly, moving her hair away from her face. She sighed loudly and stared at Woohyun. “I’ll go look for him-“

                “Wait!” Woohyun yelled while reached for a coat. “I’ll go with you.” He answered. “No! It’s okay. I’m sorry to bother you-“

                “No, I don’t know where Naeun and Myungsoo are, so I’d rather be anywhere but here alone.” He said with a chuckle as she smiled at him.

A/N: okay, I was just going to end it here,

but since the other chapter's already written, I'll post it up.

It's really written together, but it was too long together, so I was going to wait till tomorrow to update, but since it's been a long time since I've updated, I'll post up both...

So, enjoy the next chapter which is part II okay???