Chapter 4

Fated to Love You [EDITING]

 

When Myungsoo reached the hospital he waited patiently as Suzy's body was put into the emergency room. Minutes later Suzy in her ghost form appeared through the door and like all others her face was covered in confusion and shock. This was the first time Myungsoo was nervous in welcoming someone because this time it was someone he knew for a very long time.

"Long time no see Suzy-ah " Myungsoo said with a bow.

"Excuse me, are you talking to me? " the girl asked in confusion.

Myungsoo had forgotten the fact that even though she looked the same and had the same soul, she was different. She had a different name and had no memories of her past life.

 "Sorry. I forgot... " Myungsoo murmured. "I'm a Grim Reaper and I'm here to help you make a decision to either go back to life or move on to the next life."

"Eh? You're kidding me right? Is this some sort of joke? Like 49 Days?" the girl asked with hesitation.

Myungsoo then dragged her back into the emergency room and gestured the girl to look at the bed. She fell onto the floor as she noticed herself lying on the bed.

"Life or death. Make your decision. " Myungsoo told her.

"I w-w-want to live." She said nervously. 

She's scared, Myungsoo thought to himself.

"If you want to go back to your life you have to collect 3 things within 49 days. " Myungsoo began but was suddenly interrupted when the girl grabbed his hand.

"I ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE !"  Her will to live was stronger than he thought.

He frowned and said " But you have to collect three drops of blood from your friends and family.. I don't know if you can. "

 The girl answered back in confidence "Yes i can. FIGHTING. "

Myungsoo who was rather taken aback handed her a necklace that had three miniature jars attached to it.

"Collect them in here. I will see you again when you collect your first drop of blood. Good luck." and with that he vanished.

The girl spent the next few days watching her close friends closely. She then realised  it was more difficult then she expected and sat down to rethink. The only thing she could think of was the first meeting with the reaper. He never told her his name nor did he ask for hers. She wanted to quickly find her first drop of blood and meet him. Myungsoo on the other hand was regretting the fact he never asked her anything and was waiting for the first drop of blood. He knew it was hard to achieve from the past experiences but knew Suzy could achieve it no matter what.

Already two days had past and still she hasn't received her first drop and  Myungsoo began to worry. Without thinking Myungsoo went to look for her. He spotted her at the same park, the one he most cherishes.

Why this place he asked himself. He hid behind an oak tree and watched her from afar. She was sitting next to IU her close friend who was looking through a book. The girl was lucky because at that moment IU flipped a page of the book and caused herself to have a paper cut. Myungsoo watched carefully as the girl leaned over to catch the drop of blood into the jar. She then stared at IU as she walked off to find a bandaid. Myungsoo ran to the girl and hugged her from behind without thinking.

"You did it!" He shouted in joy and then realise what he was doing. Quickly he released the hug. 

I'm going crazy. He told himself as he slapped his face.

"I told you i can," She said as she beamed a smile to Myungsoo.

"I want to know.. I mean.. What's your name? " She asked him shyly as she fixed her hair into a high pony tail.

The question he hoped she never asked had came. " Tell me yours first.. " He told her as he thought of what to say next.

"Bae Su-Ji " She answered proudly. 

Of course it would be similar to Suzy's.. He thought.

"Honestly i dont have a name." He told her.

It was true in a way. Grim reapers couldn't use their real name. In fact they were just called reapers. It was a rule not to be broken.

"It's a rule." He assured Su-Ji.

"Then can i give you a nickname? I will call you L and in exchange you can call me Suzy. " Su-Ji said.

"ARASO. " Myungsoo replied.

"L! " Suzy yelled out.

"Suzy! ANNYEONG! " L yelled back and waved goodbye.

"When are you coming back! " Suzy yelled.

"On your last drop of blood! " With that L vanished..AGAIN.

7 Days Left

Suzy had already collected two drops of blood and was now looking for her last drop. She had seven days left but she didn't mind and casually took a stroll through the park. L who was following closely started to panic. If Suzy didn't find her next drop of blood soon she would vanish and her soul would be destroyed. He didn't want that and decided to talk to her.  

"Suzy. Sit here. " L said when he eventually had the guts to go talk to her.

"I thought you said i won't see you  until i collect my last drop? " Suzy asked.

"I'm getting worried. Why aren't you going out to look for your last drop? " L questioned.

"I don't know. It's just i don't have any motivation anymore and i need a rest from this. " She replied back as she looked at the sky.

Myungsoo bit his lips as he said this " YOU'RE GOING TO VANISH IF YOU DON'T ! "

But Suzy didn't react at all.

"You always vanish after meeting me. I don't get why you're so worried. "  She said reluctantly.

"It's different when you're a reaper. Some people wishes to have a chance to live like you and yet you're wasting it." It was true over the century he watched as many people begged for a chance to live but there was no option. Suzy who was lucky is acting like its nothing big but to him it was.

"Then why can't i be a reaper? " Suzy hesitated when she asked L this.

"That was an option back then but nowadays there are too many of us. Just go find the last drop please. " L begged.

"Why do you even care so much about me? You've seen many people die, why can't you just let me die too! " Suzy yelled and walked off.

L followed her and grabbed her hand and pulled her into a tight hug. " Because i love you. " He whispered.