Chapter 3

Fated to Love You [EDITING]

 

Myungsoo woke up at a hospital, he couldn’t see much because a light was directly above him. As he lay there he tried to remember what had happened but all he could remember is something had pushed him hard enough into a tree to break his bones and even cause death. He sat up from the bed and was confused when he realised he could move every bone well even though he was 100% sure he did break a few last night.

Myungsoo looked around the room and noticed the INFINITE members lying all over the place. They must have spent a night here.. He thought.

"Sunggyu hyung wake up,” He called out but Sunggyu didn’t wake up.

He then decided to wake up Sungyeol, "Sungyeol." 

Sungyeol also didn’t move a bit. Myungsoo decided to call louder but still no one answered so he then decided to come nudge them.

"Sungjong..." Myungsoo called out while nudging Sungjong lightly on the shoulder but it shocked him when his hand went straight through Sungjong.

He fell to the floor and covered his eyes. This is just a dream. When i open my eyes everything will be back to normal and they will all wake up. But when he opened his eyes everything was like before and no one woke up. Suddenly a nurse and doctor came into the room and woke up the members. Myungsoo he was still taken aback moved and stood in the corner and watched.

"Is he okay?”  He heard Sunggyu say. 

What is he talking about? I’m right here! Myungsoo said in his mind.

"He’s in a coma right now. I cant give you the exact time and date of when he will wake up, it just depends on him. ” The doctor answered to Sunggyu’s question.

Myungsoo decided to see what they were talking about and stepped forward to see himself lying on a bed.

"W-w-w-what but I’m right here!" Stuttered Myungsoo.

This is a dream, ANI, a nightmare.” 

Suddenly an unknown figure walked in. Myungsoo had never seen him before.

"ANI. This isn’t a dream nor a nightmare. You’re currently stuck between both worlds of life and death.” The figure said. 

Is he talking to me?  Someone can finally communicate with me?  Myungsoo thought to himself.

"The only reason why i can see and hear you is because I’m a Grim Reaper and i am hear to help you make your decision. To either return to life or move on to death. I’ve been following you for the past few days because i was told your time of death will arrive soon. ” The figure then replied.

"S-s-so I’m dead? ” Myungsoo then asked.

"Do you want to return to life or not?” He then bellowed.

"Of course i do! Unless there is an option of reincarnation.. ” Myungsoo replied cautiously.

That is an option really but there is a negative side to it. That is you have to serve as a Grim Reaper for 100 years. ” The reaper told Myungsoo.

Without hesitation Myungsoo chose to become a Reaper.

Also you will lose your memory of living as KIM MYUNGSOO forever after you are reincarnated and you will have to watch as your body dies. ” Warned the Reaper. 

He told himself it was for the better and that if he did return he would have to suffer through the news reports.

"I Don’t Mind.” was Kim Myungsoo’s last words.

-INFINITE’s POV (excluding Myungsoo) 

The members went out for a drink while Sungyeol sat and watched Myungsoo sleep. He then decided he was also thirsty and couldn’t wait any longer and walked out to a near by vending machine. He was going to buy himself a bottle of water when he then realised he forgot his money. He walked back into the room to see Myungsoo’s moniter beep and the heart beat stopped. Sungyeol started to panic and ran up to Myungsoo.

"YAH! YOU CAN’T DIE NOW!” He screamed as he pressed the emergency button.

Shortly after the nurses arrived and ushered him to go outside. The other INFINITE members who just came back spotted Sungyeol bawling his eye out in front of the rooms door.

What happened? ” Woohyun asked as he sprinted to Sungyeol.

"His heart.. it stopped.” Sungyeol said slowly as he and the members fell to the ground in shock.

Sunggyu who was the only one still standing assured the members that everything was going to be okay but he himself knew that this was the end of Kim Myungsoo’s journey. 

The door opened and the doctor came out of the room. ”We couldn’t help. Sorry for your lost. ”

The doctor said as he gestured the staff and members into Myungsoo’s room. The members ran to Myungsoo and started yelling. Sungyeol who was the closest to Myungsoo fainted at the doorway.

"YOU CAN’T LEAVE US" the members kept saying.

Little did they know that Myungsoo was always watching them. 

99 Years & 351 Days Later

Myungsoo had 14 more days till he was reincarnated and put into the world. During those long 99 years he watched as Suzy was born over and over again. He believed she was still the same and longed for the day he was born again. He welcomed new Reapers and lead people to the next world and on the way he kept in contact with the INFINITE members who are now Reapers too. One day he was told to go wait at a park. He looked at his surroundings and was amazed at how similar the park looked just as it was a few days before his death. Memories came back at him as he stood there and waited. Suddenly he saw an ambulance drive past and realised this was his next mission and followed it to the hospital. There he found the next death. It was no other than his first love Suzy.